• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Under New Ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, the filter should stay. Having the filter on (especially since a lot of you posters are youngings) seems to be me like it would indite more insults and flame wars. Still, loosening it up a bit wouldn't hurt.

Plus really, what is the need to say curse words over and over=??? I mean seriously, it reminds me of when I was in high school when this kid in my class counted the number of times the f-word was dropped in a 4 1/2 minute song, and he counted over 150 instances. I don't want to have to deal with anyone who is all "****ing **** **** **** **** in the ****ing **** ***** *** **** ********************* *** **** ***** dawg" as a response. To quote the Godfather, "it insults my intelligence."

Plus, I guess it's kinda like how the Osbournes was actually funnier with the sensor than without it! So, in a way, it makes those words more powerful when used! :laugh:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The senate will discuss the filter at some point(although having an option to turn it off with the default being on seems the best route) so don't worry too much about it :).

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Congratulations Chris! I was always confused with the MLG purchase as nothing really seemed to be done with the community to tie it in more with MLG after they purchased it from Gideon. Looking forward to the changes made. Maybe a light forum theme? Been wanting for that for years :p

MVP

Smash Ace
Question: will smashers who were banned on this site have a second chance to be apart of the online community again? I personally think that with this new site, everyone that was banned should have a clean slate and have the opportunity to be apart of the new hyped smash community. *cough*mango*cough*

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
We are not unbanning people just because of this.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Question: will smashers who were banned on this site have a second chance to be apart of the online community again? I personally think that with this new site, everyone that was banned should have a clean slate and have the opportunity to be apart of the new hyped smash community.
While it sounds good on paper, those who were banned/super banned were banned for a reason. If they were allowed back in, there's a good chance they'll just cause trouble again. As the saying goes, "old habits die hard".

:phone:

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I'm down. BR may be able to admit new members. . . We might be able to turn off filter. . . P:M forum. . . this is so exciting.

BR was always able to admit new members?

I just want me some new forum upgrades and less 502's.

V-K

Smash Ace
Please no like/dislike button, if this turns into something like reddit normal discussions are not gonna be possible anymore.

Rizner

Smash Ace
Good to hear and congratulations to you and your company. I look forward to the future. Also, do you have any links so I could see more about your company? I'd be interested in learning more about what you have done in the past.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I googled his company and the only results are a few threads talking about the server move and one that says where the company is. I went to the address in google maps and it's just an apartment. I assume he's a self employed company.

Rizner

Smash Ace
I googled his company and the only results are a few threads talking about the server move and one that says where the company is. I went to the address in google maps and it's just an apartment. I assume he's a self employed company.
ahh, yeah I looked on google -- wasn't sure if I was just missing something or not.

But like others have said, if you need help with it at all let me know and I'd be willing to help out.

Parasol

Smash Cadet
This is excellent news. I was a regular member before MLG came in. The community under their direction felt detached and wasn't as genuine as its predecessor. Hopefully, under this new direction, we can get things back to the way things used to be. I'm looking forward to the upcoming changes.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
for some reason, I thought it was bought by Screwattack for a second.

nic to see we get more freedom now that you got total control, bossman.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Where does premium membership go? What was it used for? Has all that money gone to MLG, who hasn't even had smash in their tournaments anymore? Where the hell was that money even going, this site had a lot of ads anyways for just hosting forums.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Where does premium membership go? What was it used for? Has all that money gone to MLG, who hasn't even had smash in their tournaments anymore? Where the hell was that money even going, this site had a lot of ads anyways for just hosting forums.
And what's why I'm waiting for AZ to own Smods before considering Premium.

John2k4

The End of an Era
We never had the chance to "finalize" the Premium concepts with MLG, and get them implemented into the community. All of the funds from Premium have been sitting in a special account that Bionic has been watching [no money has been used from it yet if I recall correctly].

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
BOOP BOOP BOOP BOOP POSTING IN THIS MONUMENTAL THREAD SO I CAN COME BACK IN A YEAR AND SEE THAT NOTHING HAS CHANGED SEE YOU THEN caps

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Screw the filter.

Also are we allowed to insult MLG now?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
couldn't we always insult them? it's not like it was a dictatorship
Well I dunno maybe.

Definitely couldn't as a mod though lolol, spent almost the entire regime as one so yeah.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I never did notice what the issue with MLG was. All I know was that the Premium money was sitting in a bank account, collecting dust. Hopefully, now that SWF is under new ownership, that money will finally see some real use.

:phone:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You definitely could as a mod. I did it for roughly 2 months before they even noticed.

Then they noticed lol. MLG Sucks.
Which of course, proved that you couldn't, silly.

Anyway I wish I could see the shack right about now.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
They changed that ages ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom