• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Under New Ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sort of want to get involved in this somehow. Not sure how though lol

Are the older 2007 threads and posts still archived somewhere and will be available do you think?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Nicely timed before the Smash 4 invasion. Looking forward to the upgrades!

joY

Pot splitter
I came here to hype the possibility of a dedicated sub-forum for Project: M! Yeow!

Napos

Smash Ace
I don't know if you remember Show Me Your News from the Pre Brawl days, but You should update their iTunes feed so people know that the podcast has been going on all these years.
so jelly. i want your account

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
How about making it so members can manually choose to turn off the profanity filter? Everyone's a winner then. :D

And then the minute-long search limit... .n.

Ohmygosh this is going to be so cool. >:3

Kal

Smash Champion
There would probably need to be some change in the forum's coding, since it automatically replaces profanity with asterisks. But I do agree, that's a good ****ing idea.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
This is amazing news, AZ! I'm excited for our community's opportunity to expand Smashboards to its full potential, and doubly excited that a respected Smash vet like you is in charge of the transition. Really looking forward to contributing however I can.

Pmac

Smash Cadet
Great news. I joined a long time ago too and loosely follow, it's great to see consistent leadership. Good luck with the transfer.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I sort of want to get involved in this somehow. Not sure how though lol

Are the older 2007 threads and posts still archived somewhere and will be available do you think?
Kirby King popped out of the woodwork the other day and let us know he's got a backup of the pre-07 things, so fingers crossed, we might get those back. Depends on a number of factors, probably the bigger one being if adding a couple of years worth of posts would affect stability.

M.I.K

Smash Rookie
this is exciting! i cant wait to see whats next for smashboards

DippnDots

Feral Youth
There would probably need to be some change in the forum's coding, since it automatically replaces profanity with asterisks. But I do agree, that's a good ****ing idea.
Odds are there's a file on the server(s) that contains a list of all the "profane words".

Just make that file empty of any words and bam. But that does it for everyone.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Well, as was already stated a million times, this is great news. As much as I love the structure of the forums now, I can only imagine what the forums would be like after the change.

Thinking about it now, shouldn't you be an
administrator now that you're going to be the owner, or what?

JTsm

Smash Master
A diddy main owning the boards? Idk mannnnnn

Just kidding. This is great news! MLG didn't do **** for this site. AZ will lead us :denzel:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
This (hopefully) will really turnaround how smashboards is organized, i know the melee boards need some serious help, and PM needs thier own forum too
I haven't been around the Melee boards to know, but I can certainly agree with P:M using its own board. Am I the only one who thinks Smash 64 could use a board expansion too?

Thinking about it now, shouldn't you be an administrator now that you're going to be the owner, or what?
Oh, look, he's an admin now. He still has that new admin smell.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
:O Can we get Like buttons now (Like a like or dislike button at bottom of people's posts)? and awards??? and more fun stuffs??? :D this is gonna be good ^-^

C.SDK

Smash Ace
How about making it so members can manually choose to turn off the profanity filter? Everyone's a winner then. :D

And then the minute-long search limit... .n.

Ohmygosh this is going to be so cool. >:3
I suggested this a while back but I guess it made too much sense for the old administration because they said NO.

Good ****, AZ. We have nothing to lose but everything to gain with this move.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I read this a few times, but I really like the idea of having a "like" button for posts. I would like to expand upon that idea. Maybe there can be something like youtube where the top 2 comments (whether for a thread or per page) could appear on top of the thread (as an option; maybe you could customize it a bit, or turn off the "like" feature).

I'm no programmer, so I don't know how it would work, but it sounds like a cool idea to me. :bee:
I haven't been around the Melee boards to know, but I can certainly agree with P:M using its own board. Am I the only one who thinks Smash 64 could use a board expansion too?
I think Project M doesn't necessarily need it's own board necessarily, but game-changing mods should definitely get their own forum (and Project M a role in it). Of course, I think nobody would really be all that opposed Project M getting its' own board.

Still, Smash 64 needs its' own board first like Mike Tyson needs a psychiatrist (not a pigeon!). :laugh:

I suggested this a while back but I guess it made too much sense for the old administration because they said NO.
I can just imagine all the angry PMs being sent to moderators everywhere:

"I can write damn but can't write daaaaaaaamn?!"

Optional is dumb. Just keep/remove the filter lol.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Personally, I hardly see the need for the removal of the profanity filter. I mean, whether it's removed or not, I can already tell what people are trying to say (most of the time).

:phone:

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Eh, I'd be against the removal of the filter.

As cumbersome as it may be to some of you, this site is still family friendly. Since that is, profanity is frowned on.

But, if they were to, say, provide a private room of some kind where the filter is off there for users mature enough to handle that content, I think THAT would be most suitable.

BBQTV

Smash Master
seeing **** is actually funnier so i dont mid if they keep the filter but either way is fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom