• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Under New Ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
It's not really information that is important to the general posters on SWF so its not unusual that they don't share it. There's a lot of stuff that goes on back there that they never tell you guys. For instance did you know that Mic_128 and Xivii rigged the 2008 election?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
It's not really information that is important to the general posters on SWF so its not unusual that they don't share it. There's a lot of stuff that goes on back there that they never tell you guys. For instance did you know that Mic_128 and Xivii rigged the 2008 election?
I could believe Xiivi to be the type to do that. Mic... not so much that than infracting those who voted against his desired candidate, I guess?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Yes the Smashboards Arena will still be here.
Not sure about the Double Posts one.

As for cosmetics - buying Premium gives you access to a lot more forum skins!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I imagine the deleting of a double post will be relegated to mods, and only if it was obviously accidental (two posts containing the same thing exactly).

:phone:

John2k4

The End of an Era
If you accidentally double post (same thing twice), just edit it saying so (if you can) and someone will soon delete/merge it. We're not going to get mad over a somewhat common occurrence.

:phone:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Yes the Smashboards Arena will still be here.
Not sure about the Double Posts one.

As for cosmetics - buying Premium gives you access to a lot more forum skins!

But SmashBlue is the best theme on the site...

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Congrats AZ. Hope to see some really good changes. If any help is needed, let me know.

The Vibrant skin is my favorite but I also like the Revolution skin. Everything else makes me want to kill puppies.

Can we get some new skins?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Nothing hurts my eyes more than the default.
Yeah, I still have no idea why "Vibrant" needs 160 pixels of flashlight on the top of the page. Besides the buttons, awkwardly glowing text, and that top bit, it's really fairly good looking. Oh well. :(

I remember there was a lot of really good discussion and criticism that went on when it first debuted... No idea why it was seemingly dismissed entirely.

Not that this is really the thread for it. But it would be rad to see some minor updating on old themes that could use a touch-up. (Sup Revolution.)

Mr. Happy :)

Smash Cadet
It was pretty interesting to look at this thread in comparison to the thread for when Gideon sold the site to MLG. I hope AZ does a more consistent job than MLG did.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Wow, this must have been such a huge accomplishment for you.
I honestly can't see anything bad coming from this.

Best of luck, I'm sure this site will be a totally different place by Smash 4's release.

Y

Yodery

Eh, remove the profanity filter, or at least make it a switchable option.

Because really, **** censorship.

Spyro

Smash Ace
@Everyone saying remove the profanity filter: I think the very idea of there being "bad words" is just silly and absurd, but that's a whole other topic for another thread, and society doesn't see it that way anyway, so you could not really justify turning it off on that basis.

aRKoN

Smash Rookie
Just Got Into Smash Boards And You All Sound Happy So I'm Happy Add Me Anyone If You Like Just Joined So HMU.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@Everyone saying remove the profanity filter: I think the very idea of there being "bad words" is just silly and absurd, but that's a whole other topic for another thread, and society doesn't see it that way anyway, so you could not really justify turning it off on that basis.
I just don't want to read "**** ***** ******* ***** ** ***** in the *** **** ****** **** ****" but without the censors.

Other than that, I'm not too particular. One curse word here and there is okay, but it doesn't exactly make you sound intelligent.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Premium is now going to Xyelot LLC business account, which is being (or will be) used directly for Smashboards.

I'm getting close to being ready for another update - mainly regarding servers and a better timeline of things.

Naridax

Smash Journeyman
Charlottesville, VA (UVA) / Virginia Beach, VA
Or do we?
No. We could just do this: http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/14/us/connecticut-school-shooting/index.html

Saying that society is stupid is stupid, unless you're talking about the people that comprise society. Then, I agree to some extent. I don't care much for censorship. My parents have cursed in front of me in three different languages my entire life!

But I will never understand why people curse. "Bad words" are completely unnecessary. All I see when I see people curse is: stupid people that can't find the words to clearly say what's actually on their mind.

Back on topic, I expect great things, AlphaZealot. :)

Spyro

Smash Ace

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Premium is now going to Xyelot LLC business account, which is being (or will be) used directly for Smashboards.

I'm getting close to being ready for another update - mainly regarding servers and a better timeline of things.
Oh good, I'll purchase premium now.

Player -0

Smash Hero
If you look at the dates of these posts you would realize you just responded to a thread from 2 years ago. Smashboards has been running smoothly (besides the DDoS's) as far as I know. Please refrain from posting here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom