• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
My bad, for some reason I thought OS was the one who typed your original guess about 2:44 and I got all confusticatamaded. Going back to look through the vid again.
Haha no worries. That **** Overswarm and his mindgames. The red cap idea is actually pretty smart (read: I wouldn't have thought of it), I just really think that the 2:44 is the most important part of the hint.

Anyway, we know that OS was confused by the hint, presumably even though he already knew who the character was. So we know it can't be anything overly obvious, which is why I disagree with everyone saying Sonic, Jiggs, etc. because of the Rollin'. It's going to be something entirely obscure that, once we figure it out, we're all going to do "Oooooohhhhhhh, I get it now!".

once again, dk is the only character that has a rap
song =D
Sure, but Jigglypuff sings. See what I mean? This is the only hint we're getting, which means SP thinks it's something that, once we figure it out, we'll just know it was that character. Like Shiek's chainthrow, it's going to be the theory that everyone recognizes as being the leading contender. DK for the rap is just too much of a stretch for it to be used comfortably as a standalone hint. And why would SP be impressed with himself for thinking of that? And what about 2:44?

infomon

Smash Scientist
Hmmm. Bad music, rollin', trying to be gangsta = Sonic. But the man at 2:44 has no steak.
Bad rap music = DK.
Jiggs rolls, sings, + likes spotlight as mentioned.
Yoshi rolls, but these thugs would ruin him >.<

It must be about the guy at 2:44. He's not fat enough to be Wario. It's not Mario, because if it was gonna be Mario they'd do the other guy with the red cap... unless it's his alternate costume, but that's lame. He reeeally looks like Luigi, especially considering Luigi's final smash lol.

Luigi seems the obvious candidate. But is the guy lanky enough to be PT? He's surrounded by balls, they might have Pokémon inside :laugh:

Or is it Zamus? cuz this man deserves ladies.

It could be Olimar, if his outfit matches one of Oli's, and it also looks like he could be in space? Nah, that's too lame.

Iunno, I guess Luigi?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
you guys can also thank me for last weeks Sheik hint, btw. I thoguht I was evil, but SPanda takes the cake with this one.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Thanks for the chart!

It is not Jigglypuff, too easy, and not specific to that scene. It might be sonic, and there would be good reason to guess him by the colors and blue spheres in the back-ground. I don't think that setting is specific to that scene though, and it doesn't account for the guy in that scene. I think the hint is in the posture of the dancer in the song.

Since Pokemon Trainer is the only character in the game that can mimic that forward and to the left posture, and because the way he stand is somewhat similar to the dancer in that perticular scene, I'm going to guess Pokemon Trainer, at least until someone comes up with something better.

EDIT: Try it youself. As far as I can tell, any character other than Pokemon Trainer facing to the left of the scene has his/her/it's back somewhat towrds you. PT is only an exception because he stays in the background, facing the foreground.

Izaw

Smash Ace
Ness :p?

I mean.. The guy has a hat, wich Ness also does.

He does an extreme Ness taunt? :p

Also there like 10 PK THUNDERS xO!

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
Wow, Limp Bizkit has some dumb lyrics.
I don't have speakers at work, so thankfully I'm spared from the terrible sound of rap music/lyrics. Don't know if it limits my guessing ability.

Hmmm. Bad music, rollin', trying to be gangsta = Sonic. But the man at 2:44 has no steak.
True, but he is surrounded by blue.
Although, to be fair, Shadow is really the hedgehog who tries (and fails) at being gangsta.

I personally like the guess about his dance moves looking like Luigi's Negative Zone dance.

10Luigis

Heavenly Spoon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeavenlySpoon
Only one character be rollin' and singin', and that be mah little homie.

Nah, seriously, jiggly not being last is so very strange...
Too strange even, especially since she's had like little to no technical advancements since, like, ever. That and nobody uses her. Any data being collected on Jiggly can only be either out-dated or biased. Oh well, I'll see what happens.

Samuelson

Smash Lord
at 2:44 he starts saying the chorus which is "Rollin' rollin' rollin....''

Jigglypuff has a move called rollout. I think this one is Luigi however, at 2:44 his dance looked awfully familiar to Luigi's Final Smash dance. I would love this week to be Luigi, nobody uses him and his metagame is going nowhere. He has so much potential also.

AlexX

Smash Ace
I have it solved, obviously none of you have seen what it looks like when nolimar (olimar with no pikmin) does smashes. Please go to 2:44 in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5YKTAqgfyk

it should be very obvious that is hint is a reference to olimar's disco dancing moves and possibly a direct reference to that video
This reasoning is epic.

I vote Oli. I don't care that I'm most likely wrong.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
I'm very surprised people are saying this looks like Luigi's Final Smash. I don't see any similarity at all.

Also, I'm going to be incredibly disappointed if it's Jigglypuff. Making the hint obvious in order to make it not obvious is just... yeah.

I'd like to ask again since I don't think anyone saw the first time: Does anyone know who that person is?

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
SamuraiPanda better tell us why that video relates to the character. Way too confusing.

So it could be Weegee, Sonic, Jigglypuff or DK?

I'm putting my money on WeeGee.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
So it could be Weegee, Sonic, Jigglypuff or DK?
We have no idea yet. The guy is wearing green pants and a white jacket. Green pants and white jacket = Fox. It could be anyone so far.

He's a terrible dancer, Wario's a terrible dancer... you know how it is.

But we've still got a week. It's still open so far, nobody has any idea.

FBM

Smash Apprentice
First thing that came to my mind was that dance totally reminds me of Luigi. I can see the argument for Olimar with all the disco stuff and Jiggly for the "roll" theme, but I'm going with my gut reaction.

WEEEEEEEGEEEEEEEE

Top Bottom