• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Hah, I think Smashboards is going to start censoring the word "Steak" if we continue.

Anyways.

Hint Laterz

Z at the end? ZSS?

or Sonic. Because Teh Panda is too slow to put up the hint.

I win.

10steaktiers

Charizard92

Smash Champion
What the **** is a steak tier and why the **** do you always say Sonic is in it? HE EATS WORMS, NOT STEAK (hedgehogs are insectivores, this is true)

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero

Charizard92

Smash Champion
OK, without using sonic lines, please point out one good game Sonic has from the end of the Sega genesis to now?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
You know, just by trying sonic lines, you actually make it worse, so, BY THE LOVE OF GOD, SHOW ME THAT SONIC IS MORE THAN CHEEZY LINES!
NOW I'll show you!!!

Two words, and two words only:

Steak Tier
That's funny.

He says "NOW, I'll show you," when he uses his Final Smash (probably the best move in the game).

Notice the "Now"...Meaning: Sonic without FS = steak tier.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
thats what you think, ROBUTTNIK
I'm not Robotnik, nor your insult. In fact, I'm not even based off something from sega, Charizard and every other Pokemon have origins from bug collecting. sure beats coming up with random things. Heck, Robotnick nearly became the mascot of Sega too.

Sonic adventure 2, Sonic advance 1,2, and 3, Sonic rush.

That's about it. But who cares. Those genesis games last forever anyway (especially Dr.Eggman's MeanBeanMachine! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yh8kgmFNs0&feature=related)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtDl-0B5U-g

And Sonic 2.

Gotta juice.
Not a whole lot when you compare it to a whole lot of other games that are out now with Sonic in it that do poorly, outside Brawl of course.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
OK you got kind of a point there... but what about now, considering that he isn't doing so well with making games that don't stick fingers into the eyes of players nor is he really making up for it. Mario makes it up with the occasional platformer, and MarioKart. Pokemon makes it up with new generations and adding on new mechanics (Wi-Fi, for example). Legend of Zelda and Metroid don't really have to make up for their own games (not so much on the spin off though). Donkey Kong is sort of a flip switch (DK64, Barrel Blast, Jungle Beat, King of swing, alternates somewhat between great and sucky). Metal gear doesn't even have a poor game to make up for (at least, for the main story line, and considering the cap off with MGS4, possibly ever). What does Sonic have? A library of really old and good games and new and sucky ones. That can't be good.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
OK you got kind of a point there... but what about now, considering that he isn't doing so well with making games that don't stick fingers into the eyes of players nor is he really making up for it. Mario makes it up with the occasional platformer, and MarioKart. Pokemon makes it up with new generations and adding on new mechanics (Wi-Fi, for example). Legend of Zelda and Metroid don't really have to make up for their own games (not so much on the spin off though). Donkey Kong is sort of a flip switch (DK64, Barrel Blast, Jungle Beat, King of swing, alternates somewhat between great and sucky). Metal gear doesn't even have a poor game to make up for (at least, for the main story line, and considering the cap off with MGS4, possibly ever). What does Sonic have? A library of really old and good games and new and sucky ones. That can't be good.
Sonic Chronicles

Talk about low budget flights, no food or movies!

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Don't even use Pokemon as an example. All the new **** sucks and caters to dumber and dumber audiences. The Pokemon aren't even creative anymore, and before you go off going "none of the original pokeymans were original lawls they were all based off real aminals" that's what made it original in the first place. If I see that ****ing balloon-****** Pokemon one more time I'm going to shoot someone.

I'm a Sega fanboy, have been since I got my hands on a Game Gear when I was about 4. But the reason the new Sonic games suck is because Sonic Team merged with the Japan branch, who honestly don't know how to appeal to Western gamers. Acceptable games in my book: Everything up to Sonic Adventure 2. The Gameboy Advance games mostly sucked IMO. The console games are just getting stupid now.

tl;dr - Old Pokemon is awesome, new Pokemon sucks. Sonic games were awesome up to Sonic Adventure 2; GBA sonic games suck.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Don't even use Pokemon as an example. All the new **** sucks and caters to dumber and dumber audiences. The Pokemon aren't even creative anymore, and before you go off going "none of the original pokeymans were original lawls they were all based off real aminals" that's what made it original in the first place. If I see that ****ing balloon-****** Pokemon one more time I'm going to shoot someone.

I'm a Sega fanboy, have been since I got my hands on a Game Gear when I was about 4. But the reason the new Sonic games suck is because Sonic Team merged with the Japan branch, who honestly don't know how to appeal to Western gamers. Acceptable games in my book: Everything up to Sonic Adventure 2. The Gameboy Advance games mostly sucked IMO. The console games are just getting stupid now.

tl;dr - Old Pokemon is awesome, new Pokemon sucks. Sonic games were awesome up to Sonic Adventure 2; GBA sonic games suck.
You, on all accounts, are NOT a delicious cake.

That's no good.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Eh...I thought Sonic rush was pretty good. Sonic battle was fun too (seriously Sakurai, why did you not use this in brawl. It's a ****in' fighting game!)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Many people find me delicious. If you don't like how I taste, keep it to yourself.
I prefer steak.

There is a delicious steak, you must eat it. See, doesn't that sound better than cake?

It sure does, that's your answer.

Or else what, you big loser?

@Infzy: You're too good!

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
So basically the last hint was "It could be this, or it could be this, but it's almost definitely this." And the answer was, "owait, it's actually this."

There's a difference between obfuscation and plain old misleading hints. Try better next time plz.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
So basically the last hint was "It could be this, or it could be this, but it's almost definitely this." And the answer was, "owait, it's actually this."

There's a difference between obfuscation and plain old misleading hints. Try better next time plz.
Or maybe you can think outside the box.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
OMG you didn't capitalize the S. That means it's not a proper noun, which means you mean a regular, old, snake, which means it's Lucas!

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Or maybe you can think outside the box.
But if thinking outside the box only yeilds a second, equally likely possibility, and the only details of the hint only serve to intensify the ambiguity, specifically to favor the incorrect possibility, then that's just stupid.

I'll admit the hint on its own said Sheik, but the additional hint provided by the same guy who apparently wrote the hint intentionally suggested the other answer. That's just being misleading. Last I checked, that's not what the hints were supposed to do.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
^^ this.

You're too slow!
AHAHAHAHA holy **** dude, i laughed so hard at your sig, and even more when i clicked it

i don't know why but lol

also i hope they do pokemon trainer last :)

the most complex character does deserve some extra time yanno...maybe separate the three discussions because discussing all three at once gets hella cluttered and confusing.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Alt+138
è

But if thinking outside the box only yeilds a second, equally likely possibility, and the only details of the hint only serve to intensify the ambiguity, specifically to favor the incorrect possibility, then that's just stupid.

I'll admit the hint on its own said Sheik, but the additional hint provided by the same guy who apparently wrote the hint intentionally suggested the other answer. That's just being misleading. Last I checked, that's not what the hints were supposed to do.
No johns.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Alt+138
è
Except touché is spelled with é, not è. Also, how you input one depends on the system.. like on Macs you can use Option-e and then e again to get é.

AHAHAHAHA holy **** dude, i laughed so hard at your sig, and even more when i clicked it

i don't know why but lol
lol thanx... I lol'd too when I saw it.... Squartle for top tier :laugh:
I just love the thought of some Pokékid being all mad about it.

Onxy

Smash Lord
Jeez, how long was that there?

It didn't really bother me, but for some reason many people called him "Squartle". Even in topics before that.

infernovia

Smash Ace
I think the next one will be ZSS. The purple people have to have hinted the last bit for this week rather than last week (I can't believe they would mislead us). Maybe they were just confused.

Hooray for purple people.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
what? sheik? i thought she didn't have a chain grab in this game. i was never able to pull it off, and neither was anyone else i knew.

Charizard92

Smash Champion

Umm, actually, Diamond/Pearl Got a score on average of 85%, which is a B in video game standards (I do admit that they do come up with somewhat sucky Spin offs, But Pokemon, like Mario, does best when they go back to their roots). Sonic on the other hand, has games below 70% constantly, AKA, he is failing on the new game front. Pokemon made up for their sins, Sonic still hasn't.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I'm glad that hint wasn't ZSS... as much as I'd like to see the SBR talk about ZSS, she deserves a real hint

Top Bottom