• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Olimarman

Smash Ace
Didn't m2k say something about Olimar having an awesome chain grab? Perhaps he was just kidding, or the post was bogus, but if Olimar does have a chain grab, his tether grab could leave him very punishable. I think it is Olimar.
It's not Oli. His grabs are very hard to punishable, and I wouldn't really call his grab combos "chaingrabs."

ZSS makes the most sense by looking at the few characters left. D3, falco and IC have all been mentioned.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
People, OS already said that "chain throw" is interchangeable with "chain grab" here. This means it's not Sheik.
...Oh yeah, I forgot. >_> I was still convinced the issue hadn't been solved...

I would make a "Mindgames, son" argument in that OS may be tricking us, but looking back on the quote, he genuinely did seem to be helping us out by the way it was worded.

Previous posts edited in light of new (er, old) info.

Toby.

Smash Master
The problem with it being PT is that his chain grabs aren't as punishable. But then the hint doesn't say most punishable, I suppose. Ivysaur's missed grab is very laggy unless you pivot it (Which will cut the range in half anyway). So you could consider that easily punished I suppose.

I don't think that it needing to be done at 0% changes anything though. It's still a chain grab. The fact that its limited doesn't really make it more or less relevent to the clue.

Probably still ZSS though.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
charcters that have chaingrabs
D3
Falco
ICs
Pika
Lucario
Pit
Ike (only on a wall)
Kirby
Oli (isnt down throw to f-air to down throw inescapable?)
Yoshi
ZSS

who is left?
im too lazy to go check? yall tell me

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
The problem with it being PT is that his chain grabs aren't as punishable. But then the hint doesn't say most punishable, I suppose. Ivysaur's missed grab is very laggy unless you pivot it (Which will cut the range in half anyway). So you could consider that easily punished I suppose.

I don't think that it needing to be done at 0% changes anything though. It's still a chain grab. The fact that its limited doesn't really make it more or less relevent to the clue.

Probably still ZSS though.
His chaingrabs ARE punishable. Look at Charizard's. Do it at the wrong percent, you whiff the grab, get hit. If you don't follow up fast enough or grab too early/late, then you just did a running grab right in front of your opponent which missed. While they're on the ground in front of you. You're dead.

Pokemon Trainer. It's probably ZSS, but since the hint is so vague, Pokemon Trainer is a possibility.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥ It's one hint and everyone is debating like they are in the Supreme Court or something. At least it's entertaining to see debates. ;)

♥Oh...my guess? I'll guess Sheik just for the sake of guessing. But if this comes out to Peach, I'd be even more surprised then I am now. ;)

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
dang, hint (full) still not up? i guess we have at least a 'teaser' hint. and ya i didnt understnad why a few pages back (may be still?) some were arguing/saying that it could be tlink or link since their zairs are 'legitimate chain throws', while they were already done.

btw still think its shiek unless if theres another char i forget who has a chain or something that can be considered as a 'legitimate chain throw'.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
This character has one of the few legitimate chain throws in the game, although its rather hard to land and easy to punish if not used correctly.
lets see, people with chain throws:

marth
ice climbers
falco
lucario
pit
yoshi
peach
meta knight
D3
kirby
ZSS
pikachu
sheik

most of these characters have been announced, so that leaves:

peach
ZSS
sheik

i am going to say ZSS, because peach's chain grab only works against fast fallers and im not even sure if sheik has a chain grab anymore because her down throw was nerfed.

XienZo

Smash Lord
heh, at the end of this, the old ones might already be outdated, like
The tornado goes stale quickly, so it cannot be spammed for utmost effectiveness. It can also be interrupted by a plethora of moves.
tell that to Luigi...

Toby.

Smash Master
His chaingrabs ARE punishable. Look at Charizard's. Do it at the wrong percent, you whiff the grab, get hit. If you don't follow up fast enough or grab too early/late, then you just did a running grab right in front of your opponent which missed. While they're on the ground in front of you. You're dead.

Pokemon Trainer. It's probably ZSS, but since the hint is so vague, Pokemon Trainer is a possibility.
The right % isn't particularly hard to remember, so I don't know why you'd bother using it any other time. It works in the context of "easy to punish if not used correctly", though. You are right that its punishable. I probably should have put 'as' in italics. My point was that ZSS's grab is more punishable. After that I said that the clue never said most punishable, so none of this really matters.

meh. It could be either one, ZSS is simply more notable due to uber lag on grab. I want it to be PT.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
can somebody explain Shiek's, Peach's and PT's CGs to me please?
Sheik does not have a chain grab. It's possible to get a second grab from an Fthrow or Bthrow against fastfallers who improperly DI at 0%, but that's as close as it gets.

Peach can chaingrab fastfallers with her downthrow, if you turn around and regrab them.

PT Charizard and Squirtle have a release grab on Lucas and Ness, much the way marth does. Grab them and pummel them until they escape, then in the time it takes them to recover, you can regrab them.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
i didnt understnad why a few pages back (may be still?) some were arguing/saying that it could be tlink or link since their zairs are 'legitimate chain throws', while they were already done.
>_>

This was explained.

3 times.

All by me.

It doesn't matter if Link/Toon Link are done. What matters is whether or not their grab/zair is considered a chain. If it is not considered a chain, then it could not be Sheik, because the hint stated that there were a few characters with a "chain throw", and Sheik was the only one. If Link and Toon Link were counted, however, then she would be applicable to the teaser.

However, that no longer matters, as we've realized Olimar also has a "chain throw", making Sheik applicable, with or without Link/Toon Link. The problem is, Olimar is still a possible candidate for the hint, so it wasn't as clearcut as it would have been. :/
And none of that matters anyways, since OS confirmed the hint meant chaingrab.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
im pretty sure it's ZSS. she has the best chaingrabs in the game out of the chain grabbers that havent been in an update

mimic_king

Smash Lord
sheik no longer has a chain grab anymore. it has got to be ZSS. otherwise, there is a small chance that it might be peach, since she is the only other chain grabber that hasnt been announced.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
sheik no longer has a chain grab anymore. it has got to be ZSS. otherwise, there is a small chance that it might be peach, since she is the only other chain grabber that hasnt been announced.
They were refering to Sheik's chain throw (sideB)

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
"Meh, this is more or less the guest hint for the week. It was actually Overswarm's idea, so its not my own hint anyways. Since the other person couldn't get around to it, and this "teaser hint" is actually working as a standalone hint, I'm just going to leave it like this 'till next week.
so this is the 'final' hint you mean, or you mean you'll add more to it if the guest hint maker doesnt show up? the hint as it is now is actually sort of enough lol.

Top Bottom