• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I never expected a single sentence to get this much attention. Maybe this should just be the hint for the week?

So you're saying that the 5 question marks hold no ground whatsoever in this? Because I'm sure that's another reason why people are saying it's Sheik.

Sheik = 5 letters
Olimar = 6 letters

Of course, that could have just been a random amount of question marks, but why 5 instead of the usual 3?
I don't often say yes or no to some theories, but this is definitely a no. I've copy/pasted the same header with the same number of question marks since the very first update. The usual is 5 question marks, and I've stated in the past that I'll never make the number of question marks a factor in the hint.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
But he only grabs with one, so it's not a "chain grab."

I'd love it to be ZSS, but I'm tired of hoping and for once I've given up. Shiek.
*facepalm*

Chaingrab means that he can CHAINGRAB. It means he can grab them, release them or throw them, then proceed to grab them again. Are you new to this?

And by the chain throw hint, it means that you can throw a chain of something. It works both ways, and it only works this way with Olimar.

Toby.

Smash Master
Tcranter said it. :/

He probably didn't mean it as an inescapable, but PT, being an underused character, can probably pull this off due to the surprise factor.
My bad! I wasn't thinking clearly. The fair/dair is just something to string onto the end. Very escapable.

Not trolling :(

Although I can see that the discussion has long since moved beyong all that. Living in such a different time zone is so annoying!

FBM

Smash Apprentice
*facepalm*

Chaingrab means that he can CHAINGRAB. It means he can grab them, release them or throw them, then proceed to grab them again. Are you new to this?

And by the chain throw hint, it means that you can throw a chain of something. It works both ways, and it only works this way with Olimar.
*further facepalm*

I know what a chaingrab is. I know Olimar can do this. But you said this:

Xiivi: No, Zamus' pistol whip-like weapon isn't a chain. Olimar's is a chain, a chain of Pikmin.
And he doesnt chain grab with his chain of Pikmin; he chain grabs with one pikmin at a time. It's not a serious point: I know you weren't even talking about a "chain grab" there - I'm just looking at all the potentials for wordplay and throwing **** out there b/c the hints seem to be leaning towards the sillier side now.

Oh, and Oli's grab doesn't leave quite as vulnerable as the hint seems to say. But who knows, convention is out the window (or is it?? mindgames!?>!?!?)

Mmac

Smash Lord
It could very well not be referring "Chaingrab" as in a series of regrabs, but rather as an actual Chain, grabbing something.

Sheik's Chain and Olimar's Pikmin Chain both "Grab" the Ledge, making them "Chaingrabs"

This is massive Mindgames right here. I'm going to say that it's Sheik, because it's an actual Chain

ChrisTheCom

Smash Cadet
It does say 'legitimate chain throws', I don't see how grabbing the ledge with a chain is starting to come in to it. Considering all the main chain grabbers have already been covered, I'm starting to think Mario and Peach, but I can't help but wonder about Ivysaur. Not one of the Pokemon trainer's pokemon have been covered yet, and considering how diversely each of them plays I think its doubtful that all 3 would be done in the same period of time. Fox probably has potential to perform a chain grab, and Zamus may certainly be able to with a forward throw, and obviously can be punished if missing.

Since Shiek doesn't actually grab an opponent with a chain, Lucas can't chain grabs together and Olimar doesn't grab with a conventional chain, I'm going to say Zamus or Ivysaur.

Izaw

Smash Ace
lol.. wow.. well since I THINK that ZSS doesn't have chainthrows and Olimars wouldn't be so "easy" to punish. I'd go with Roy or Pichu lolz, since you made Mewtwo ;P

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If ZSS can be considered to have a "chain throw/ grab", the same could be said about Ivysaur

Luigi player

Smash Master
Well I usually chain throw (tech chase) with Sonic's dthrow, but it isn't really punishable...

The only really punishable grabs are mostly the ones that are whips/hooks etc... what characters are left with those?

Since ZSS' grab is really punishable it sounds much like her.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Dude it's sheik. Nobody ever says "chain throw" its always chain grab, and shiek, acutally THROWS a CHAIN. On top of that, its pretty much impossible to land, and if you use it wrong (i.e. for anything other than recovery) you get punished.

It's sheik. The end.

exidid

Smash Journeyman
Sheik is the obvious answer to this hint. She legitimately trows a chain and it hardly ever lands.

*waits to see it isn't Shiek*

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
"This character has One of the few legitimate chain throws in the game, although its rather hard to land and easy to punish if not used correctly."

Coincidence? I think not. XD

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
lol its funny that ice climbers have a 0-death in brawl...i remember the day when Samus was the only one who DIDN'T have a 0-death...any one know what im talking about or has the memory died around here?

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
"ThiS character has one of the few legitimate chain throws in the game, although its rather hard to land and easy to punish if not used correctly."

Coincidence? I think not. XD
DanGR confirmed for Secret SBR Guest Hint Writer.

I trusted you, man. </3

Top Bottom