• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKTAR Results and Videos Thread

LLDL

Smash Hero
Ally 5th m2k 9th? brawl players gettin that good huh?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
m2k was VERY close to 17th, and I mean VERY close. Salem almost wiped him out, Salem destroyed him game 1, got beat solidly game 2, and game 3 was down to the wire, salem was winning the entire game and got caught by 1 bad up b on the last stock, salems' reads were beyond astonishing. He might be the best ZSS.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Tant you and RJ did a lot and we all worked hard...I was running around being a gofer ( something I enjoy at times xD ) and Keit was busting his ***.

Thing is that if your name is the one that makes the thread or is the main host the people busting their *** sometimes gets left out. Do not take it personal as you know and I know how much work you guys put in and everyone had a great time. I am proud to say you 2 are amazing.
Yeah this was like the good old day for us, it was so nice to you have you on staff as well and just getting things done and actually having people to help you run the tournament. Keitaro and co. made it easy for us to do our jobs, and I appreciate that as an organizer. As soon as I can make something happen in Maryland, I will.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Awesome tournament. I wish the MW could get as hyped as this. Instead they'd rather whine about MK and not get better. But I can't wait to attend an SKTAR

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I do not run as many tournaments as I really want to. I have to take care of Cris and all this other stuff. I want people to come to my manhattan events so maybe that will help.

I'd love to see something in MD/VA again I think the best formula to grow a scene is to follow Mike Haze's model

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
GREAT TOURNEY!!! GREAT STREAM!!! 1,400+ VIEWERS!! WE E-SPORTS NOW :awesome::awesome::awesome:!!!!

Massive upsets!!

Atomsk vs Gluttony was one of the best sets of that tourney.

Gluttony was ******* AMAZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG!!! Godlike wario. Shame he lost so early.

And Good **** to Trela, Anti+Boss holding it down in Doubles, Kiwi(Reppin the female smashers :bee:), Poyo(Reppin the kirby mains), and West Coast!!

Nj/Ny is pretty much the undisputed strongest region in the US now(if it already wasnt).

Cant wait for APEX 2013, Europe is coming back with revenge

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This was a pretty embarrassing for me. Once again, my nerves got the best of me and I could not think of play. I can see now why I was seriously not added to the Top 5 list for Peach players. Im not good at all and very predictable. I know my stuff but never predouce it and give out free wins all the time. Kinda makes me look like a fraud for apex. alot of people that made it out of pools I not expect expect too. So I would have thought I could as well. And since I did not, I feel ten times worst.

Sorry for how I acted with people in matches. I was just not in a good mode and just felt really stupid and embarrassed. I should have quit and fell like it. But something keeps telling me that I can actually do damage and place high alot in tournies cause I know what to do and not do in matches/players.

I was not coached in my pools matches like I thought I would be to calm myself down and play on point. I was alone in all my matches. I could not hold my controller steady in matches. lots of erros, fear and SD's I had a feeling I would be fighting alone. So for this tourny I wanted to bring a shirt with my brothers face on it my mom had for me. He past away nearly a year ago. I was gonna set it on the table where I would play my matches, put a game cube controller on it and make a quick prayer (like fanatiq does with a pic of his mome in UMVC3). But upon my match I looked into my bag and realized that I forgot the shirt at home. Which made things even worst. And the whole weekend I was in a bad mood.

I wanna give special shout outs to esam. he was the first person to randomly come up to me and ask me how I was doing in friendlies to see if I can keep up my pace for tournaments. And said he wants to see me do well.

Next would be Mikehaze for supporting me and saying I can do this and make it out of pools. He said the same thing for apex 2012 and I made bracket. Though this time, his prediction was wrong.

Alex strife for the lil talk and support. but I just could not do it. Sorry, im a weak player. I can't control my mental problem. So I'll never do anything good.

EE for the support from the shadows.

Might have been more but I don't remember so sorry if I missed anyone else. Not feeling really ****ty right now. I'll be seen as nothing, talked down and ranked as one of the worst Peach players after this. I can't do anything for myself. I'll end my emo post here so I don't take up the thread with garbage like this or start having people poke fun at me.

And thanks for Keit for still holding up his promise from the last sktar. One of the best tourny host out and amazing person in general.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Streammonster shoutout to Coney for making this stuff hilarious to watch btw.

:059:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
1: Mew2king :metaknight: & Trela :lucario:
2: Ally :metaknight: & Nairo :metaknight:
3: ANTi :metaknight: & Boss :random:
4: Tyrant :metaknight: & Rich Brown :olimar:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yea xyro the results are in the OP now thx for letting us know

M@v

Subarashii!
I love travelling 6 hours to do well in mms but choking in tourney and not making it out of pools -_-. Anyway, besides that and the oven that the venue was, fun tourney. Shout out to $1 mms with sonic :). Full shoutouts when im back in pittsburgh. Rage cant get here fast enough next week; cant wait for the chance to redeem myself.

:phone:

Player-1

Smash Legend
Really fun tournament, plenty of setups for friendlies and stuff. Enjoyed talking to everyone

I guess my one criticism (besides the venue being hot as ****) was seeding was kinda whack. 1st seeds should be playing 4th seeds R1 not 3rd seeds >.> or pools was kind of a waste for that person (me :( )

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Man, I miss those days when M2K and Ally were the best. But it clearly shows that Nairo, ESAM, Vinnie, Anti, and Trela are stepping up their game. Good ****.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Next one of these events, I'll travel down there and help P1 rep :diddy:, he was like the only one at this lol.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yo doubles was WAY hyper than usually with M2K + Trela, Nairo + Ally, ESAM + Mekos, AND OH MY GOD ANTI + BOSS WOW

double mk better be banned for eternity

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
SKTAR Day 1 Stats:

16,999 Total Views (urg one away lol)
19,810 Chat Messages Sent (streammmmonssssterrssss)
748 Average Views at Any Given Time (so including from the moment when I went live, honestly the average was 1,000 for most of the day)
1,184 Max Views at Once
7,640 Total Hours of SMASH Watched
120 New Followers
9,196 Unique Visitors

SKTAR Day 2 Stats:

28,011 Total Views
19,390 Chat Messages Sent
1,113 Average Views at Any Given Time
2,244 Max Views at Once
9,270 Total Hours of SMASH Watched
130 New Followers
16,557 Unique Visitors

GO SMASH!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
@Player1: Yeah 1st seeds should have been fighting 4th seeds round one. Can you mention the instance where they didn't? I'm curious cause I was sure 1st seed was always against 4th but either myself or my helpers may have changed that.

Keitaro

Me vs tyrant round 1 I was 3rd and he was 1st. I woulda mentioned it but ppl were already playing bracket matches

Yeah that shouldn't have happened. Sorry about that. Next event I host I will make sure all TOs know that moving around players must be done with equivalent seeds.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
did anyone nd up finding my sennheiser headphones with my purple mp3 player? it was in whoevers bag that was behind the commentary booth

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Awesome tournament. I wish the MW could get as hyped as this. Instead they'd rather whine about MK and not get better. But I can't wait to attend an SKTAR
Whelp.

10 whelps.

An amazing tournament to watch when I could. Had it up during Clowsui's smashbat and was impressed by the entire thing.

Nairo

xyro your so annoying and ***** about mk so much omg lmao ally didnt even use mk once in teams it was double mk banned and shaya there was nothing that could have been done with wc vs wc in LOSERS not the TOs fault they had lost at the wrong round in winners

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Whelp.

10 whelps.

An amazing tournament to watch when I could. Had it up during Clowsui's smashbat and was impressed by the entire thing.
Whelp. is exactly right. That's's the level of effort I see from our players in general, as well as this passive attitude. Complacent with mediocrity...

Top Bottom