• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKTAR Results and Videos Thread

NNID
Budget_Player
Shoutouts:
Garm: Yo dude, was fun hanging out with you. Shame you guys had to leave early.
Crashic: Da baws. Totally awesome chilling with you, and thanks for buying me dinner that night. ^_^ If anyone knows how to reach this guy, could you pass this on to him? Cuz I don't...
M@V: Well, we scrubbed out in teams. Oh well, **** happens... I guess I'm not as good in teams as I thought I was.
HeavyGarbage: Thanks for the pickup on friday night, I had no idea how to get around the area.
M2K: LOL@Speedrun cut short by my laptop battery dying. Dude, you're nuts. That was ****ing awesome. :laugh:
Toil: good matches in Brawl-. I'll get 'em uploaded soon, no worries. Dirt just flat-out denied that the barrels were more than a minor annoyance... Ugh. He hasn't seen the matches yet, though.
Nairo: Welp. We can now give pikachu QAC back, because we're nerfing the **** out of thunder. Jeez, how did we miss that one or so long? O.o
Zucco: Good matches. Glad to hear you still approve of Wolf. And thanks for being patient with me on the marvel setup... Maybe I should look at the command list at some point. :troll:
Ally: OH GOD THAT FALCON
Vinnie: OH GOD THAT ICS. I concur with a previous poster in this thread: I lost a set to Sopo.
Salem: We were in the same pool and didn't get a set against each other. Dafuq. :glare: And then somehow the MM didn't happen either, in either game... Rats.
SnackAttack: don't give up man. As VGHS would say... "It's all about the game, Brian D."
Assorted members of room 106: "IN THE SACK" IS AN ENTIRELY UP-TO-DATE AND WELL-UNDERSTOOD PHRASE. **** YOU GUYS. :laugh:
Assorted members of room 106: **** 5:30 wake-up times. Sorry I was so irritable on sunday night.

You got international players lol.

I just want to put out there that Keitaro used that extra money he received to pay and sponsor the multiple people who came from OOC to the event. For example, Orions trip was payed in full by Keitaro.
Do I have to explain why this post makes me somewhat irritable? :c

NNID
Budget_Player
Do it, I wanna see if it's the same reasons why I find it kind of meh...
Probably not. See, I'm from Europe. I came over here not specifically for the tournament, but I am definitely international. And even then, my trip was not easy – as said, I spent around $150 and 32 hours on the road (almost $300 total for the trip, and that was kind of the best-case-scenario: had any connection been missed or late, I could have been stranded in NYC, or New Brunswick, or Boston). I asked many different people multiple times for help with rides to and from the location, hotel, and the like, housing before or after, et cetera. But I made it on my own. The entirety of the help I got was a ride from HeavyGarbage from the train station to the hotel; I walked to and from the location like 5 or 6 times, woke up at 5:30 on monday morning to make a bus so I could catch my train to get to the bus connection in NYC. And I wouldn't gripe about at all this if I wasn't aware that other "international" players, like Orion, who has a house here, were subsidized with the (incredibly high) entry fee. Like, Glutonny I could understand, the kid is supposedly like a 16-year-old prodigy. But I'm just a little salty about getting snubbed as an international all the time.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
woulda been nice to divide the left over venue money up between all the international players but w.e whats done is done,i was broke as heyll for this but my friends clutched it out for me and helped me out when i didnt have money for food, was a successfull event and **** was hype

Tesh

Smash Hero
Why was Orion payed for? I can understand Gluttony because he was what all the hype was about, but Mr. R was already here.

He probably made it clear beforehand that he was going to decide what to do with the money and pick who he wanted to help.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It really doesn't matter. It's over, ****'s passed, just leave it be. Don't critique the man for adding hype @_@

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Unless it was cheap as hell, I did not pay for Orion's full flight. My original sponsorship plan was aimed at Japanese players but it was changed towards mainly a couple players from Europe. Top players btw.

Sponsoring a top player from another country can help bring hype and more unexpected matches. No offense BPC, but based off your previous tourney results sponsoring you wouldn't do any of that. It is a simple thing done often for Nationals for many fighting games. Top Players are sponsored to come that can help bring hype matches, commentary, gameplay to the tournament.

Excess money that happens to be made from venue fee money from Nationals is often used for who knows what by TOs. Many often pocket it. I made an attempt to get more competition available for my tournament with it.

Keitaro

Sorry to hear that man. Let me know in advance if you ever plan on coming to one of my tournaments again and I will try to make sure you're better accustomed.

I usually put a lot of the pickup and ride requests on me since I don't like relying on others to help me personally, but after a while it became too much. Next time I will try to have another designated driver for rides, pickups, etc. I thought a van that could fit 8 people would be enough but it really isn't.

I actually just got my EZ Pass bill in today and holy crap it is high because of the constant drives to NY and back for this tournament.

Keitaro

Not for a good while lol.

Trying to get started with these interviews tonight. Could have them done tonight.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Everyone who had a wii please check it for me and Tyrant's game 3 match of our first set. It was crazy hyper at the end. Thank you.

It was one of the first tv's on the far left side from the To's table. The tables against the wall.

Top Bottom