• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? ***Take 3***

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I was playing Lambchops and MVD (a new up and coming Snake main in FL) in friendlies yesterday and after finishing our sets, I'm not suspicious of M2K getting blatantly hit by Ally's Fair on Halberd or running into explosives any longer. Sometimes **** like that just happens, 'cause I got spiked by Chops (I actually have a replay of it) and I think MVD as well, even when I was trying to retaliate them. I also ran into a few explosives. Sometimes you just don't realize they're there, or you forget about them.

Actually this is wrong
Co18 + Hungrybox both beat him before he went MK
Did they beat his DDD? CO18 has beaten it in a MM but I don't remember him beating it in tourney. When did Hbox beat Seibrik's DDD as well?

nevershootme

Smash Master
I was playing Lambchops and MVD (a new up and coming Snake main in FL) in friendlies yesterday and after finishing our sets, I'm not suspicious of M2K getting blatantly hit by Ally's Fair on Halberd or running into explosives any longer. Sometimes **** like that just happens, 'cause I got spiked by Chops (I actually have a replay of it) and I think MVD as well, even when I was trying to retaliate them. I also ran into a few explosives. Sometimes you just don't realize they're there, or you forget about them.
it's because people's spatial and image recognition are at an extreme short term (get it? Set it and forget it!). players consistently fall for snake's traps very often and they john about it, where in reality it's their own fault for going into that

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Yuna's so hot. <3

Seibrik isn't dominating FL entirely just because he's MK... Last I checked, he and Afro go back and forth, and he still uses Dedede a lot (for SNAAAAAAKE).

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
The pro-ban platform was always ill-formed, and basically came down to vague threats of "If you don't ban Meta Knight, the world will end because everyone will switch to him! Trust us, just trust us, you have to ban him now, the FUTURE depends on it!"

LOL GLOBAL WARMING

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Pro-ban people never had a platform. Whining and complaining about how they got beat by a mk their last tourney is not a platform.
Not really, their intent was to create a ban criteria. The thing was, the fact that they did this as a result of MK colored their perceptions about what was bannable, and rendered their criteria suspect. Furthermore, they had no existing criteria to reference to because they dismissed Sirlin (because it didn't fit).

Which basically meant that they had no way to establish that they weren't just trying to pidgeonhole a character that wasn't bannable into the "ban" slot, which made their arguments unconvincing.

LOL GLOBAL WARMING
Are you familiar with long wave radiation and the increase in carbon dioxide's effects on it's retention?

Are you familiar with the mechanics behind global dimming?

The reason it seems to come down that ill-formed threats towards the future are because the vast majority of people are too lazy to learn how it actually works, and what the actual results will be.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I could beat sebrik If I got BETTER
Fixed. =D

Seibrik wins because he outsmarts everyone. His MK doesn't even play in the traditional "HEY I **** CUZ IM MK" way.

That's Rx....and he doesn't even place in FL anymore XD.

Not that I dont love him. :):):)

Curaga

Smash Ace
All of it.

edit:

Except Tampa.

Son's too scared to come to Tampa. =PPPPP
Well I live near Orlando and I've been trying to keep up with Tournament spots around me. Granted I've only been competitive from the start of this month but I want to be aware/meet people who are supposedly "DOMINATING" my State.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Where'd my respect for Yuna go? It was just here a minute ago... guess I lost it. =/

@<3: Don't make it sound like MK is not the best character with seriously overpowered attributes. MK's really don't have to put themselves at risk in a lot of matchups. They can play really gay if they want to and be **** near unpunishable to some chars (not sheik, teh ultimate punish0r). Still ppl should stop whining; get better or pick up meta.

Shark Week

Smash Apprentice
um... can someone explain to me why one guy winning one tournament in a completely nondominant (though incredibly exciting) manner suddenly means "proban loses"?

jeez, you guys haven't changed a bit since the day i stopped playing brawl. antiban posters just refuse to accept anything and just spend all their time rubbing each other's nuts.

honestly, what the ****? m2k loses for the first time since like the turn of the ****ing century and all of a sudden mk is perfectly fine? i mean, i'm not even proban necessarily (i'm on the fence), that's just an incredibly stupid argument to make.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
um... can someone explain to me why one guy winning one tournament in a completely nondominant (though incredibly exciting) manner suddenly means "proban loses"?
Pro-Ban: "Meta Knight dominates all major tournaments!"
A major tournament happens, Meta Knight doesn't dominate.

jeez, you guys haven't changed a bit since the day i stopped playing brawl. antiban posters just refuse to accept anything and just spend all their time rubbing each other's nuts.
If you stopped playing Brawl, why do you bother to come here and post in this thread, then?

And yes, why should we accept and agree to reasoning that either are not validating a ban or disqualifies itself by also requiring banning other things?

I know. You know what? Let's ban Meta Knight because he's a masked Mexican puffball. That's a valid ban reason.

honestly, what the ****? m2k loses for the first time since like the turn of the ****ing century and all of a sudden mk is perfectly fine? i mean, i'm not even proban necessarily (i'm on the fence), that's just an incredibly stupid argument to make.
Mew2King has lost several times, and it's not because of Mew2King losing, either, but mainly about Meta Knight players not dominating and utterly ****** APEX.

rehab

Smash Journeyman
MK has always been fine. We just have a largely whiny melodramatic player base, and the concept of his unreasonable godliness has always been blown out of proportion.

.AC.

Smash Lord

maybe if you have read part of the argument on the past few pages you would know that there is much more than what you just posted regarding anti ban arguments

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Spadefox no queido Taco Bell?

Okay but seriously I don't seem to have too much trouble fighting MK. Granted I don't win but then again what do you want me to do against the likes of SK92? I'm just some random Sonic guy trying to do his best and keep him from being banned because I would much rather fight MK than some other MUs.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace

If you stopped playing Brawl, why do you bother to come here and post in this thread, then?

And yes, why should we accept and agree to reasoning that either are not validating a ban or disqualifies itself by also requiring banning other things?

I know. You know what? Let's ban Meta Knight because he's a masked Mexican puffball. That's a valid ban reason.

Mew2King has lost several times, and it's not because of Mew2King losing, either, but mainly about Meta Knight players not dominating and utterly ****** APEX.
Don't feed the troll.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
All the best arguments were made in the first 70-80 pages. The good pro-ban arguments. The good anti-ban arguments. Continuing to post any argument for either is pointless in my opinion.

Hell, back then we were going in circles. Now this is basically a +1 thread. The thing is, due to the nature of this thread, posting, "Ban Meta!" or "Don't ban him!" makes the post non-spam. You'd mind as well put "+1" in your posts in this thread. Hide it with the #212121 font.

Oh, ya. I remain neutral to the ban of Metaknight. Do it or don't do it. I've learned the Meta Match-up in and out, so I have no real issue with it any more. (That, and Diddy)

+1

Shark Week

Smash Apprentice
that's a pretty shoddy argument, imo. see bottom of this post.

i'm just visiting. i haven't been here in months and just wanted to stop in and see what was going on. turns out, it's the same old stupid ****. :)

that's my point exactly. there are plenty of arguments that show exactly how mk poisons the metagame, but you just dismiss it all. you will not accept anything. i'm willing to grant that mk is not "ban worthy," i don't understand why it's so hard for you guys to admit that this is a very contentious issue and that in some ways mk is an unfair character (though still not ban worthy). but no, all i have ever seen is "lol proban never had an argument" or "hahaha let's laugh at the proban kids some more," etc etc etc. it reminds of the way little kids try to win an argument; they just get louder, use a condescending tone of voice, and try to twist and minimize everything the other side says.

i was using hyperbole. and that still begs the question, why is this about apex? mk has been dominating the scene for about a year, but now the whole argument rests on one tournament? and ally and lain were not around when i still played brawl, making them relative unknowns compared to m2k, yet they both beat him at apex; and when you consider the fact that he has only lost a set once within the past 6 months (according to some guy in the apex thread, forgive me if that's not accurate) that almost suggests to me that it might have just "not been m2k's day."

but i don't want to rest all of this on m2k. i definitely agree with you that mk players didn't completely steam roll apex, but i really do have to wonder why we're all focusing on apex in the first place. there have been other tournaments where many of the country's best showed up to compete, and i remember multiple tournaments where mk would take 5, 6, or 7 of the top 8 spots. i really just have to wonder what the fascination with apex is.

Shark Week

Smash Apprentice
Don't feed the troll.
Not feeding him. Dismantling him with facts. He might be only delusioned.
If he continues trolling, I'll just leave him be.
thats like not feeding animals at the zoo,its not that i am comparing trolls to animals,but its just that its too hard to resist.
this is exactly what i'm talking about. i ask one question about your completely *** backwards logic, and all of a sudden i'm a troll. one question. one completely reasonable question, and i'm suddenly a "troll" in need of "dismantling with facts." pff. give me a ****ing break.

i blame yuna for this ****ty attitude.

EDIT: and the overbearing sense of self importance. i blame yuna for that too.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
You are a troll because you asked a question about a point that anti-ban's best arguments did not use. Read the arguments, kid. Oh, and one tournament does kinda prove things. Ask the people who had been on the fence, waiting for Apex and Genesis. Fact is, you're wrong, mon ami.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
i blame yuna for this ****ty attitude.

EDIT: and the overbearing sense of self importance. i blame yuna for that too.
You mean, yours? If you're actually interested in just an answer to your question, your other post would've been fine. No need to add on to that by calling everyone out on being mean to you.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
All the best arguments were made in the first 70-80 pages. The good pro-ban arguments. The good anti-ban arguments. Continuing to post any argument for either is pointless in my opinion.

Hell, back then we were going in circles. Now this is basically a +1 thread. The thing is, due to the nature of this thread, posting, "Ban Meta!" or "Don't ban him!" makes the post non-spam. You'd mind as well put "+1" in your posts in this thread. Hide it with the #212121 font.

Oh, ya. I remain neutral to the ban of Metaknight. Do it or don't do it. I've learned the Meta Match-up in and out, so I have no real issue with it any more. (That, and Diddy)

+1
This.

If MK was too good broken, people wouldn't be able to learn the match up because there would be no way to beat him(too many things to watch out for, too fast, w/e it may be).
+1

rehab

Smash Journeyman
No reasonable argument rests on one tournament, no matter how many people go "We'll see at ___tournament" and trip over themselves spazzing about placings that might be a tiny indicator that their side might possibly be right, for either side. Poisoning the metagame is a ******** thing to throw out there, there isn't anything wrong with playing a character that isn't instantly disadvantaged against anybody. Not to mention you could probably find a hard counter to half the cast that is A) easy to learn and B) more effective than MK at giving ___ a crap time anyway. All of this gets dressed really fancy because people want a short fix to a problem with the game, and to do that they have to take principles relevant to comp games and screw with them until they get some that make it look like a character without built-in disadvantages is bannable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom