• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? ***Take 3***

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LoyalSoldier

Smash Apprentice
Wow I left for the Shouryken forums for a few weeks only to come back and find this thread is still going and is now up to 500 pages. And yet nothing new was said in about two weeks.

lain

Smash Master
i was using hyperbole. and that still begs the question, why is this about apex? mk has been dominating the scene for about a year, but now the whole argument rests on one tournament? and ally and lain were not around when i still played brawl, making them relative unknowns compared to m2k, yet they both beat him at apex; and when you consider the fact that he has only lost a set once within the past 6 months (according to some guy in the apex thread, forgive me if that's not accurate) that almost suggests to me that it might have just "not been m2k's day."
Uhhh EXCUSE ME? What do you mean by we weren't around when you played Brawl? Is that some kind of joke?

ANd we weren't known? REALLLLLYYY now? I'm pretty sure by that time I was already established as the best IC in the nation, and 2nd best in the MW. Ally was like, what, 2nd in the WORLD?

My god sir, everything you said was... wrong.

Shark Week

Smash Apprentice
Uhhh EXCUSE ME? What do you mean by we weren't around when you played Brawl? Is that some kind of joke?

ANd we weren't known? REALLLLLYYY now? I'm pretty sure by that time I was already established as the best IC in the nation, and 2nd best in the MW. Ally was like, what, 2nd in the WORLD?

My god sir, everything you said was... wrong.
i'm sorry, but i had not seen anybody mention either of you at all by the time i had quit playing brawl seriously.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
tbh, I didn't really know who lain was until quite a while later... as in, sometime earlier this year.

Nic64

Smash Lord
when you consider the fact that he has only lost a set once within the past 6 months (according to some guy in the apex thread, forgive me if that's not accurate)
This is not accurate.

And lol ally and lain unknowns.

Also APEX, and particularly m2k losing, was such a big deal mostly because pro ban made it such a big deal before the tournament actually happened.

Shark Week

Smash Apprentice
You are a troll because you asked a question about a point that anti-ban's best arguments did not use. Read the arguments, kid. Oh, and one tournament does kinda prove things. Ask the people who had been on the fence, waiting for Apex and Genesis. Fact is, you're wrong, mon ami.
probably the most worthless post i've ever read. i have read many of the more recent pages, none of them answered anything; they did prove my theory that antiban posters just sit around and stroke each other, though. and i have seen multiple people use the apex results as some kind of magic sword against proban, so, you're wrong there. aaaaand if one tournament does "prove things," then why haven't the multiple tournaments where mk took the majority of the top 8 spots gotten him banned?

keep in mind, child, that i am not proban. i'm just asking questions. i hope that reminding you of this fact will keep your temper in check.

You mean, yours? If you're actually interested in just an answer to your question, your other post would've been fine. No need to add on to that by calling everyone out on being mean to you.
that's clever... the "i know you are but what am i?" defense. most impressive, moderator.

and no, if you think i'm just going to sit around while a couple of dolts try to troll me and a mod supports them... well, i'm not.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I mainly ask that you calm down. When I see a pot calling several kettles black I'd rather just give no infractions than one to each of five people.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I've heard of Ally and Lain since the beginning of Brawl when everyone loved Psycho ******'s snake.

It's funny, I've never really heard of you.

Point is, pro-ban people have been proven false(or not true enough) time and time again to the point where they have to make up words and information to make it seem like they have a platform for argument. I'm not surprised that they finally gave up(which is why all anti-ban people are around here). They realized that MK is beatable whereas it seems, you are just stubborn.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I've heard of Ally and Lain since the beginning of Brawl when everyone loved Psycho ******'s snake.

Okay, let's not draw this out any further. Attacking the person rather than the argument is never a good approach in a discussion.

Shark Week

Smash Apprentice

mhmm? and? i have no idea who you are either, so i don't know what kind of weight you think that statement has. this is just two random dudes saying they don't recognize each other.

anyway, i want to expound on this statement, since everybody seems to be busting a blood vessel over it:

and ally and lain were not around when i still played brawl, making them relative unknowns compared to m2k, yet they both beat him at apex
by "not around" i mean that they weren't "efamous" with a message board full of people riding their nuts. i'm sure they were both playing brawl at the same time i was. this was just ineloquence on my part, i think.

by "relative unknowns compared to m2k" i mean that m2k has been a driving force in the community for years, whereas these two, well, weren't. i don't mean that they're baddies who got lucky, and i don't mean that nobody cares who they are, or anything else.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Ally and lain were both very well-known players for a good while before Apex even happened. I assume your absence from the scene leads you to not know this, but Ally has been regarded as the best Snake player on the continent (technically not the country, since he lives in Canada) since his first appearance in a major tournament, Cataclysm 4, in mid-January. lain was a little less known, but was regarded as one of the best Ice Climbers players around, and pretty much solidified his position as best with Apex.

RDK

Smash Hero
It's refreshing to see that pro-ban has sunk even this low, and with only 6% closing the gap on the poll!

Congratulations on joining the ranks of the zombie horde, Shark Week. But just for the hell of it, I'll throw you a bone:

probably the most worthless post i've ever read. i have read many of the more recent pages, none of them answered anything; they did prove my theory that antiban posters just sit around and stroke each other, though. and i have seen multiple people use the apex results as some kind of magic sword against proban, so, you're wrong there. aaaaand if one tournament does "prove things," then why haven't the multiple tournaments where mk took the majority of the top 8 spots gotten him banned?
Because the probies keep whining about how Meta Knight is unbeatable in a high-level tournament setting. Apex proves that he's clearly not.

Shark Week

Smash Apprentice
Congratulations on joining the ranks of the zombie horde, Shark Week. But just for the hell of it, I'll throw you a bone:
for the fourth(?) time, i'm on the fence.

and thank you for the info, ankoku.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
um... can someone explain to me why one guy winning one tournament in a completely nondominant (though incredibly exciting) manner suddenly means "proban loses"?

jeez, you guys haven't changed a bit since the day i stopped playing brawl. antiban posters just refuse to accept anything and just spend all their time rubbing each other's nuts.

honestly, what the ****? m2k loses for the first time since like the turn of the ****ing century and all of a sudden mk is perfectly fine? i mean, i'm not even proban necessarily (i'm on the fence), that's just an incredibly stupid argument to make.
I disagreed with antiban when they said this even though i've been antiban from the start. Proban died, because their arguments are not and never were legitimate reasons to ban. They were even given a way to prove MK's ban worthiness and they could not come through.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Shame. You're too blindly ignorant. I say we stop listening to Shark Week, who has obviously not read every page in this topic. Child, at the rate that this topic moves along, it's only natural that a few pages back won't help. Try again. Oh, and I am not angry, merely disappointed. Please make another attempt to search.

EDIT: That was entirely for Shark Week.

Shark Week

Smash Apprentice
Shame. You're too blindly ignorant. I say we stop listening to Shark Week, who has obviously not read every page in this topic. Child, at the rate that this topic moves along, it's only natural that a few pages back won't help. Try again. Oh, and I am not angry, merely disappointed. Please make another attempt to search.

EDIT: That was entirely for Shark Week.
i want you to know that i didn't read your post :)

Shark Week

Smash Apprentice
Dear .AC.,

I never learned to read. I am very sensitive about it. Please be considerate of my feelings.

Sincerely,
Shark Week

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
This from the guy who whines about +1 posts.

And it isn't elitism. It was a response to an ignorant poster who then attacked.

Stop being biased, Melo.
Maybe he was trying to say that next to Sharkweek you look elite? Because so far that is pretty true...

or at least more mature...

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion

And it isn't elitism. It was a response to an ignorant poster who then attacked.

Stop being biased, Melo.
Okay, maybe elitism is a stretch (maybe), but still. There's no reason to be such a condescending ***. It's just uncalled for. I don't care if he was being an *** first, be a bigger man and deal with it.

Biased? Towards what? I'm on your side.

I lol'd at "Melo hates me." I don't hate you. Don't be paranoid.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
No, I mean that attack was against me because... gah, you know what? Nvm.

But I'm not trying to be condescending.

EDIT: Hm. Seems like it. I'm paranoid about a lot of things, aren't I?

I'm gonna go eat dinner.

Shark Week

Smash Apprentice

Stop being biased, Melo.
weird fetish for calling everything and everyone ignorant - check
ridiculous crusade over a small thing - check
feigning innocence - check

Coney

Smash Master
The condescension in the last few pages of this thread is hilarious. I guess we're past the point of meaningful dialogue, eh?

Also, lol @ anyone calling anyone else a "child" on this, a competitive board for people who take so seriously a game directly targeted at adolescents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom