• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? ***Take 3***

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gm jack

Smash Lord
You realize that we have a technical definition for stalling in the smash rules, right?

Otherwise all camping would count as stalling.
Yes I do. However, some characters seem to have absolutely nothing to deal with it.

I believe Falco has massive difficulties dealing with it, as his projectiles cannot hit a planker. MK has his awesome priority and range on his are attacks, so unless the MK messes up, there is no way Falco is going to hit the MK in the air. MK's ability to hit through a lot of stages means that you can't stand by the edge and attack the MK when he is grabbing the ledge, as he will just drop and Uair you through the stage, before grabbing the ledge again.

Of course, a lot of characters do have ways to deal with it, and so you cannot claim they are stalling, as you in turn are avoiding conflict. However, for others, trying to deal with it is going to mean almost certain death. In which case, you have on option of watching the MK gimp you every time you try and hit them away from the edge, or watching the timer run out and the (presumably) winning MK gets the easy win.

From what I can tell (feel free to correct me) in certain matchups, planking is going to effectively be avoiding any and all contact, as they have a choice of doing nothing or getting stage spiked 3 times.

Notra

Smash Ace
=/ Falco is not that scary. If you know what you are doing then you don't have to fear the dreaded CG. Besides Flaco's are fun to play against, I like to laugh at them as my squirtle crawls under their lasers.
not about being scary its about flashiness. and falco is OP. its too much

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I'm not leaning either way at the moment.
Just liked to prove something.

The anti-ban side is at a huge advantage here, because they don't have to prove anything, they just have to disprove any arguments that the pro-ban side brings up.
The pro-ban side must over prove their point to convince those who are against something as big as a ban to the anti-ban side.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've kind of been ignoring this thread for a month or two. Has ProBan brought up anything good in the past while or is it still mostly. We're whiny and MK is HARD. T_T
It's still pretty much the same.

No. You Americans won't take our princess.
I resent that. I'm a queen.

Aren't 15 year olds legal over there? =3
Yes they are. In fact, I groped one just the other day. True story.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yes I do. However, some characters seem to have absolutely nothing to deal with it.

I believe Falco has massive difficulties dealing with it, as his projectiles cannot hit a planker. MK has his awesome priority and range on his are attacks, so unless the MK messes up, there is no way Falco is going to hit the MK in the air. MK's ability to hit through a lot of stages means that you can't stand by the edge and attack the MK when he is grabbing the ledge, as he will just drop and Uair you through the stage, before grabbing the ledge again.

Of course, a lot of characters do have ways to deal with it, and so you cannot claim they are stalling, as you in turn are avoiding conflict. However, for others, trying to deal with it is going to mean almost certain death. In which case, you have on option of watching the MK gimp you every time you try and hit them away from the edge, or watching the timer run out and the (presumably) winning MK gets the easy win.

From what I can tell (feel free to correct me) in certain matchups, planking is going to effectively be avoiding any and all contact, as they have a choice of doing nothing or getting stage spiked 3 times.
Aka, he's bad at dealing with it. He can attempt to bait a response and punish it, , but he's just bad at it.

Bad match-up, we move on, it's not like we try to correct Ganondorf's ability to approach MK onstage with banning and it's precisely the same type of situation, he's at a horrible situational disadvantage.

RDK

Smash Hero
*proceeds to downsmash ShadowLink84 (and the other Yanks)*
Hey BTW Yuna, what are you doing here on Smashboards? I didn't know they hosted Smash tournaments in Sweden!

The only thing the Swedes should be allowed to host is an invasion.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
quote.."Ally! U just told the whole ban metaknight community to go **** themselves! U gotta have something to say!" Ally says "**** u metaknight banners, u all suck!"

Listen to Ally, he knows all the answers.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Me?

If so...I don't know...This thread has just kinda become a joke topic... There haven't been any good pro-ban arguments for awhile...

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Weenies. NAME ONE MK PLAYER THAT DOMINATES THEIR REGION (besides m2k lol)

Flayl

Smash Hero
He also dominated it without MK. You're still completely right, I just wanted to preemptively point that out >.>

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
seibrik dominates florida
I could beat sebrik If I got meta XP :(

Meta is not that serious. he has his opening and weaknesses too. He can't approach without the same risks other charcaters face. I really don't see the issue. he is a safe character but in order to attack he does leave openings. He is out ranged and out priorities by so much of the cast I don't see what people are complaining about.

Learn the match up don't ban it :/

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
*has epic DI and survives. The proceeds to waveshine Yuna off to America.*

UNREASONABLY TECH SKILLED!
*hidden glide*

Hey BTW Yuna, what are you doing here on Smashboards? I didn't know they hosted Smash tournaments in Sweden!

The only thing the Swedes should be allowed to host is an invasion.
I'm in your forum, trapping your friends.

Me?

If so...I don't know...This thread has just kinda become a joke topic... There haven't been any good pro-ban arguments for awhile...
More like ever.

also, yuna is the prettiest girl i know
And don't you forget it!

No, seriously, why is this thread still open? It's not like any meaningful discussion has actually come out of it for quite some time now (even before Apex). Then Apex happened and kinda killed most of the pro-ban side's arguments and made all of the "Not Sure"s and even many "Yes"sers jump ship to "No U!!!!". All we're doing now is slowly watching the "Yes" side shrink whilst the "No" side grows.

That's fun, too, I guess. Maybe the moderators have a secret plan to close the thread only once the "No U!!!!" side is ahead by at least 0.01%.

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
That poor girl looks so confused. D:

Also, the fact that any tournament result should send people careening for one side or the other is silly. P: But I guess it's just a fact of life. People fear power and what they don't understand :<

gm jack

Smash Lord
Aka, he's bad at dealing with it. He can attempt to bait a response and punish it, , but he's just bad at it.

Bad match-up, we move on, it's not like we try to correct Ganondorf's ability to approach MK onstage with banning and it's precisely the same type of situation, he's at a horrible situational disadvantage.
True. I suppose you can lose at the character select screen (looks at Ganondorf vs IC/Sheik match ups).

Overclassed said:
Also, the fact that any tournament result should send people careening for one side or the other is silly. P: But I guess it's just a fact of life. People fear power and what they don't understand :<
All it takes is a single result to break a pattern. Especially one that was based off one tournament in the first place. Although it doesn't prove anything itself, what it does do is put massive doubt that MK is over centralising, as out of 2 big tournaments, one was dominated by MK, and one wasn't.

You can easily put either result down to circumstances, which tend to favour the anti ban side as there was a lot of good MK's and not a massive number of other high level players at WHOBO.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Yay! This thread is dying!

Seriously, I haven't been on for days and I caught up in a few moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom