• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? ***Take 3***

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Who cares about MK? There's only one of him. What about Ice Climbers? There's ****ing TWO of them. That's almost three characters.

Ban ICs.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
If they are using ledge tricks to force you back and to keep you off guard, well played them. If they do it constantly, it is stalling. You win.
You realize that we have a technical definition for stalling in the smash rules, right?

Otherwise all camping would count as stalling.

Geou

Smash Apprentice
Man, a scary amount of people in this topic think that they're funny when they're actually not.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Man, a scary amount of people in this topic think that they're funny when they're actually not.
A scary amount of people think MK is ban-worthy when he's actually not.
c wut i did thar?

But seriously, I'm the most hilarious person in the entire world.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Er. He may be a bad tester (read his latest post)...

Yes, things can be SDI'd out of. But if you SDI the bair, Sheik should be able to Pivot Boost > ftilt and continue it anyways.

If you try to SDI the ftilt so he cannot footstool you - it may prolong the ftilt lock leading to worse things.

Fact: You wont have time to react to those SDI. Nobody can react fast enough to that ftilt SDi cause you already need almost frame perfect(buffer it in this case) for the footstool, so you wont have time to adjust. Same for the bair. And bair can be SDI-ed behind or to the side, both can screw the combo up.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Fact: You wont have time to react to those SDI. Nobody can react fast enough to that ftilt SDi cause you already need almost frame perfect(buffer it in this case) for the footstool, so you wont have time to adjust. Same for the bair. And bair can be SDI-ed behind or to the side, both can screw the combo up.

Honestly I don't know enough to really argue but to my knowledge even if someone smash di the bair combo it wouldn't necessarily end right there. Instead sheik is force into a techchase type of respond. Sheik could follow the direction the person smash di by walking and then hit them with a ftilt as they stood back up unless they did some extremely fantastic smash di.

The hole in my knowledge which is why I don't think I really should be talking is that I don't know how far someone can smash di. A video example of someone smash smash di the bair far enough so that sheik would not be able to take a few steps into a ftilt is needed for me before I can saythe combo does not work.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I think you're the most hilarious person here <3

But seriously, I was obviously being sarcastically egotistical.
And I was yanking your chain the entire way.

Anyways, yeah, either way, how viable is this new infinite. If it really really works Sheik might actually be something to fear, unless it's super hard to do.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
It is NOT hard to do. I already have it down, but I haven't tested it against people. The timing is a little odd, but it honestly takes like five minutes to learn.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
And I was yanking your chain the entire way.

Anyways, yeah, either way, how viable is this new infinite. If it really really works Sheik might actually be something to fear, unless it's super hard to do.
I'm extremely aware of that. My chain is unyankable. Maybe you forgot that I'm the most hilarious person in the entire world.

And the Sheik infinite deal is beyond situational.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
And the Sheik infinite deal is beyond situational.
WHAT!!??

Within like a 60% range, you need to land ONE f-tilt and be prepared to foot-stool to set this up. I can already do it on Level 9s, and it has only been one day...

It's just a matter of whether of not it is escapable

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
WHAT!!??

Within like a 60% range, you need to land ONE f-tilt and be prepared to foot-stool to set this up. I can already do it on Level 9s, and it has only been one day...

It's just a matter of whether of not it is escapable
Try doing it in an actual match against an actual person who knows how to DI.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I think there should be a tier from tourneys with MK allowed and and another tier from tourneys with MK banned.

Lovely

Smash Lord
I think there should be a tier from tourneys with MK allowed and and another tier from tourneys with MK banned.
♣ A lot of people wouldn't agree to this la-ti-da plan because that will just say that Meta Knight is too broken to the point that you have to warp the rules just to make any tourney exceptable. Unless it's a tier tourney, (high tier only, mid tier only etc), it wouldn't work out. D; ♥

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Computer's DI is really predictable and sucky as it is.

The two chances to DI from it are when she does the ftilt and when you get hit by the fast fallen bair. MK could easily DI and use Nair or Uair or something (coming out on frames 2 and 3 respectively, I believe). On many characters, it becomes a DI chase and is hard to predict.

Actually doing it on a computer or something isn't hard. Actually doing it on a human is.

PLUS, MK can do considerable damage without getting caught by the ftilt. It's like the Wario vs. a-lot-of-people matchup or the Diddy vs. ICs matchup; just because they have a grab infinite on them, doesn't mean the matchup is instantly in their favor.

AoR Final

Smash Rookie
No, unless you ban Dedede first.

Chain grabs FTL.

If Dedede is already banned... Be gentle. :(

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
All you Pro-bans should stop slappin' each other with ur ***** and come up with a good reason to ban mk soon. maybe then this poll can matter and he can be banned. Not omfg mk is such a dildo i hate him.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
The Sheik "Infinite" (i.e. 37-70% combo) can probably be SDI'd from the bair to be escaped, and won't work on a stage with platforms, so the MK will just ban FD >_>

It's just like the Peach infinite on Wario (except that one doesn't stop at 70). Only works on FD, can be SDI'd to make it into a DI chase and eventually reach the ledge, too situational to be useful.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Lol, MK doesn't have a "worst" stage. FD is just not as good as the others for him. He has no "bad" stages to personally deal with.
If he doesn't have a "worst" stage, it means he does equally good on ALL of them. By "worst", he meant the one that has the least advantages, the one an MK wouldn't be as advantaged as he would be in other stages. "Worst" doesn't necessarily mean "bad" stages, it just means the "least" of the list.

So FD is his "worst" stage, ergo his "least good" stage.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
This is still alive? Also, "No" is slowly overtaking "Yes". The difference now is less than 6%.
I was wondering that too.

All arguments have been discussed. It's basically only people shooting at each other for some stupid commentaries, and off topic.

This thread serves no more purpose. Many people already stated that they'd now be convinced that a ban isn't necessary anymore, both from the people who voted "Yes" and "Not Sure".

I propose closing this thread and waiting for Genesis' results.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I actually take back what i said about mk, i no longer want him banned as long as there are campers in this game.

Notra

Smash Ace
we should consider baning falco. i mean hes so flashy he gives no other character room to shine. just look at him. thats one sexy bird. All of falcos moves r more flashy than ppowerful, and all of his techniques are just sexy.

VOTE NO 4 FALCO.
dont need this much show off over here

_____________________________________________________________________________________

falco rules! and i dont fear mks

Bomber7

Smash Hero
we should consider baning falco. i mean hes so flashy he gives no other character room to shine. just look at him. thats one sexy bird. All of falcos moves r more flashy than ppowerful, and all of his techniques are just sexy.

VOTE NO 4 FALCO.
dont need this much show off over here

_____________________________________________________________________________________

falco rules! and i dont fear mks
=/ Falco is not that scary. If you know what you are doing then you don't have to fear the dreaded CG. Besides Flaco's are fun to play against, I like to laugh at them as my squirtle crawls under their lasers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom