• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
explain. I dont know it seriously. I only liked play 2 good ones
You shoot needles and grab a lot. You Bair and Fair a lot.

When you throw him, you launch him with an F-tilt or Uair and then shield-grab his Nair into more throw combo stuff.

WD OoS D-smash/Grab a lot if he touches your shield with a bunch of his moves.

Stand on a platform and throw aerial needles. If he comes up to fight, beat his move with your bigger move, probably Bair or Fair, or drop through so he's above you and then **** him when he tries to come down.

CC his F-tilts into grabs.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
You shouldn't be getting upair'd like ever. At least for me, whenever I DI the upthrow to either direction I can always jump out.
I think that's just the Fox messing up. It's really hard to do but I think it was raynex and EC canada that did the experiment and Fox can do that to her at any % if done perfectly. Maybe this was on Peach but I'm :\ on this memory LOL

KK, is that accurate memorage?

luigi is too easy to ****
:(

When you throw him, you launch him with an F-tilt or Uair and then shield-grab his Nair into more throw combo stuff.

Stand on a platform and throw aerial needles. If he comes up to fight, beat his move with your bigger move, probably Bair or Fair, or drop through so he's above you and then **** him when he tries to come down.

:(

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Can someone tell me how to release sheik's nair faster from sheild? And why is it so good against spacies? thanks.

DJRome

Smash Hero
well, you're going to have to know which attacks are used. each attack has different shield stun and if you want to be fast, you have to react accordingly

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Alright, so I've been practicing Sheik lately because she's really fun.

I just want to make a list of things I've been trying/ can now do with her so KK/soap can be proud of me. LOL

10/10 times (both sides) runoff nairs on yoshis with living (I have to dash to the edge, cancel the dash, then do the runoff nair... it's not too much slower so it's fine)

isuckat/10 times bairs on yoshi's edge with regrab. I don't die usually, however sometimes I do a getup attack from the ledge.

I can do shnair oos and hit jiggs with strong part near every time. I can't ever do it with Kirby.. is it possible to do it vs Kirby?

I've been practicing doing really fast dash attacks that are near frame perfect... sometimes I fsmash like 1/20 times... so I suck at doing really fast dash attacks with 100% accuracy.

Now, to practice chaingrabbing since I'm not good enough at it. T_T

Anything else I can practice?

xbombr

Smash Ace
Where do I start if I want to main sheik?
Grabbing: Comboing from grab. Tech chasing. CG'ing. D-throw them a lot unless you're at the edge and know you can set up an easy gimp.

Knowing what you can tilt through and what tilt to use. How to combo from tilts in general. Probably the easiest part of learning her.

Spacing NAir and BAir and knowing when to do it. Utilizing Fair as well.

Utilizing needles to get grabs, camp, gain control, gimp, break dashdances, ect.

Gimping in general.

Learning to recover properly so you don't set yourself up to be forced back on stage and beasted.

Movement. Spacing yourself with WD especially.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
luigi is too easy to ****
play blea gelo. Im sure you would be fine though:)

Thanks imma try and utilze this stuff. Ya sheilding the n air is really good i do that :)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I saw you u-tilt him and get ***** a lot because the first hit would connect, then he'd nair either before the second hit or the second hit would miss and he'd punish during the lag.

U-tilt blows **** against Luigi don't do it.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yeah try to edgecancel upB (without wind) like we were talking about in this thread before. If you can do it 1/100 times at least we know it's possible lol
**** you. I was the one that started the talk about it and I tried it for way too long and analyzed it wayyyy too much (looking at pixels on battlefield's left platform). I did do it 1/100 times though (it took me like an hour or two to get). I'm not exactly sure how the **** I did it though tbh. I'll record me practicing it and then I'll show it off if I ever decide to do it again/can get it.

Also, I can pretty much do anything technical with Sheik now... aside from the stupid upb cancel ****. Once I work on cg'ing/bair regrabbing the edge I'll be good.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Actually I wanna know what others think about run off nair.

I mean personally I'm using it more and more as I play.

Anyone else find it useful in their game? And I call dibs on credit if it is.

.... okay that last part I was kidding.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I use it a TON vs Fox. Other characters I find it to be very situational. But, exchanging hits with nair and Fox's upb is ****.

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
hey kira at 5:15 was that cc you did on hugs' dsmash on purpose? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTkONl4IPTY
if so share =)

Actually I wanna know what others think about run off nair.

I mean personally I'm using it more and more as I play.

Anyone else find it useful in their game? And I call dibs on credit if it is.

.... okay that last part I was kidding.
well i usually jump at the edge and fall into said situation, but nair is my primary falco edgeguard. also i like doing it do falcons to peg on some damage (i frequently get 4 or so)

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Tec0- I find vs Marth there's better things to do and it feels dangerous to me for some reason.

Also vs Falco I don't really use it because I just needle or strong/weak bair pending on the situation.

Against Falcon I find for edgeguarding fair is really really good. I don't know why, but I don't like using bair for trying to kill him. Probably because fair sends him at a really bad angle and once you do it once at like low-mid percent he usually dies.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Well...

Theres a situation to use everything. If you don't thats fine just curious really.

I find it pretty awesome vs everyone. Vs Marth I often do drop off bair bair cuz it seems to work better. Though the nair works too *shrugs*

I would get into the rest.. but I'm lazy so unless someone is interested... I'll just leave it as I find it useful :bee:

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
i call nair my "lazy edgeguard". i think most of the time a fair or more likely a bair is the better option, but nair is out for so long it can do the trick if i dont feel like doing a better placed move. especially against roy, cause that **** is hilarious

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
**** you. I was the one that started the talk about it and I tried it for way too long and analyzed it wayyyy too much (looking at pixels on battlefield's left platform). I did do it 1/100 times though (it took me like an hour or two to get). I'm not exactly sure how the **** I did it though tbh. I'll record me practicing it and then I'll show it off if I ever decide to do it again/can get it.

Also, I can pretty much do anything technical with Sheik now... aside from the stupid upb cancel ****. Once I work on cg'ing/bair regrabbing the edge I'll be good.
Sorry man I didn't know that. But we did conclude it's possible then? Maybe someone should try it with TAS to get more info about it; if a sheik can do this 1/100 times in normal play it would already help a lot, and imagine what sheik would look like if could upB cancel like Axe's pikachu... ok forget the last part, but still it could be worth it to analyze it more

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Oh it'd definitely be worth it to look into it more... it's just I don't want to do that... so I tried to have someone else look into it... but then noone else did. :(

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
It is 100% possible, I've done it a couple of times now when trying it out.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Technical isn't needed...you grab **** out of the air and have walls of hurtbox and everything combos into everything else and everything else combos into gimps and have auto gimps

Just play smart and it's gg.

The only tech skill you need is DI and WDOOS
maaaybe needle cancel and couple other things but you get the point :p

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Technical isn't needed...you grab **** out of the air and have walls of hurtbox and everything combos into everything else and everything else combos into gimps and have auto gimps

Just play smart and it's gg.

The only tech skill you need is DI and WDOOS
maaaybe needle cancel and couple other things but you get the point :p
Don't even get me started on the tech skill you need to play Sheik LOL. Granted it's no where near Fox/Falco, but still, there is definitely some technical ability needed for her whether people realize it or not.

Jiggs on the other hand, now there's a character you don't need tech skill for haha.

Top Bottom