• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
what are the best stages (neutrals and CPs) for a sheik/fox team and why?
In particular what are the best stages for a sheik/fox team against;
1. fox/fox
2. fox/falco
3. fox/marth
4.falco/marth

nicaboy

Smash Champion
sheik fox work well on every neutural stage.

I just hate yoshi's though(personal prefrence I dont like small stages for teams).

Ya like amsah said depends.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Ok, this may be a silly question, but I'll ask it anyways.

In your guys' opinions, what are some platform related tech skill maneuvers(I guess it isn't always going to be tech skill-intensive...just felt like saying it because some platform things may require some tech skill) that you see as integral to Sheik's style of play? For example, I remember Amsah doing like a full hop to DJ waveland off the top platform of Battlefied/Yoshi's Story into throwing aerial needles into...whatever lol. It just seemed so tricky, and I've come to realize platforms can REALLY help decide who wins games lately, so I want to see if anyone has any platform stuff of any kind that they try to do from time to time. All I ever really do it like waveland on a platform(usually just waveland straight down after a full hop) and then drop through and do something...usually a low aerial, but that seems so predictable for some reason. I need to spice it up!

So Sheik boards, what do you guys like to do on platforms with Sheik =P?

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Yeah...that's usually a good idea xP I dunno, I guess I ask pretty dumb questions lol.

Unfortunately, here's probably another one. What do some of you guys do to get in on Marth? Yeah, the matchup can be easy, but sweet jesus...ones that space well are sooooo hard to get in on >_<...I don't get to play the matchup often, but I'm assuming CC'ing could play a big role. I also need to learn that rolling and spot dodging isn't exactly the worst options to use from time to time either. Bleghhhh

Ministry

Smash Ace
i havent figured that out yet.

i just try to space and let him screw up.

and to awnser your other question, i dont like to be on platforms that long against anyone except puff and peach. i just use them to move around and reposition myself. they also help with needle traps-

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I like to do lots of wavelands off into fairs/bairs. Also sh needles on the platform is pretty good. Back when I mained sheik for real (vro zone 2009) I was working on a style that used platforms and needles as the base. Its still most of my sheik strat if i break her out.

soap

Smash Hero
Platforming, like anything, can get predictable, but it's very good if used in the right situations.

The cardinal rule that applies to the rest of sheiks game, don't let people under u. Other than that waveland into spaced aerials and needles to your hearts content.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
yea, i kinda think along the same lines as tec0.

by the way, fthrow with sheik is underrated for gimping near the edge. it's hard for heavy chars to di properly. at first i thought it sucked, but i think it's really good near the edge.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
"Away" is ideal DI if Falcon wants to regrab. It's similar to Falcon's d-throw on Marf. If he DIs away, it's always a guaranteed regrab if he wants it.

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
In PAL what is the best way to tech chase? Ive noticed that some people walk forward after the dthrow and some people start dash dancing then try and punish on reaction.
Whilst i see other people not even bother reading the tech (probably because its to hard?) and just commit to a guess straight away...

What is the most reliable way to get consistent punishes?

nicaboy

Smash Champion
ok im gonna ****ing force myself to like fighting fox. if i get my fox match up to the point where i like it i know i can start doing much more nasty ****!

been trying to watch some tope and m2k **** and just learn from it and of course apply my own swag :)

i got you for falco kk :awesome:

gm jack

Smash Lord
In PAL what is the best way to tech chase? Ive noticed that some people walk forward after the dthrow and some people start dash dancing then try and punish on reaction.
Whilst i see other people not even bother reading the tech (probably because its to hard?) and just commit to a guess straight away...

What is the most reliable way to get consistent punishes?
The big problem is that to follow DI and tech away takes insane reflexes to follow without a prediction. The other three options I find are covered with a WD forward after the Dthrow them follow from there. If an edge will shorten their tech away, I find a WD forward then reaction tends to work fine. If they keep setting up a tech away to escape, just try and guess it once or twice to make them at least try and mix it up and give you easy options to punish the next time.

If you are only slightly to slow for the regrab on the tech away, I try to mix it up between going for the jab and crouch cancelling the dash and waiting for the spot dodge and then punish as you wish.

Because it is so hard to cover all the options, quite a few sheiks I have seen tend to try and land a combo starter such as dash attack or usmash sooner as the tech chase is not as guaranteed.

If you can't regrab everything, just make sure you keep the pressure on. None of the characters you are going to be tech chasing are going to be in a good position if you are keeping pressure on them with your classically broken moves (fair, tilts, dash attack, grab etc).

Another mix up on the tech away is to throw a fully charged set of needles. Not great, but 17% plus your throw and pummels is really useful against characters like fox and falco you love to cc and punish you.

Amsah is really the best person to ask about this.

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
Guyz, hpe its the good topic for that, I guess so regarding the name of it ^^

I have a question, more, a problem I would like you to help me with.

I have very big troubles playing Sheik dittos. Very, very big troubles.
What are the main things I have to know to do well in Sheik dittos?

(Im french, therefore playing PAL version, just so u know, so no infinite chaingrabs, no killing Uair)

PS: Kirbykaze & Lucien ur my gods guyz, I love u guyz so much I wanna make love wit u, the hard way

Kira-

Smash Champion
Man

I still cannot approach Fox for the life of me

comboing is another story though, it makes me happy

i guess i have trouble being aggressive... like my only opening is a wavedash back grab/tilt

actually just getting fox to 40% is the hardest part

what do you guys think of camping under a side platform? Also do you think it's bad to be in the center on bigger stages like dreamland and stadium, i feel like i actually have less ways to approach while they get more

Top Bottom