• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Boost grabbing / dash attacking the DD really late isn't really that great of an approach.

I mean, I'm certainly guilty of using it. But I really think you're better just moving forward and slowly boxing them in near the edge and then working from there. If you can get Fox blocking near the edge, you're at a pretty big advantage. Provided you don't throw it away by F-tilting his shield point blank or something foolish like that, you can probably kill him from there.

SH and wait. If he doesn't do anything, inch closer. If he starts to rush your space, aerial him depending on how close he's willing to get. Aerial also changes based on how close he's willing to get.

Ministry

Smash Ace
need others thoughts.

i personally think fd is bad vs fox but unknown522 has told me its good for sheik.

i dont see how any of sheiks tech chases can outweigh sheik never escaping from combos.

thoughts?

soap

Smash Hero
need others thoughts.

i personally think fd is bad vs fox but unknown522 has told me its good for sheik.

i dont see how any of sheiks tech chases can outweigh sheik never escaping from combos.

thoughts?
unknown is mindgaming you ;)

na it's not that bad actually. alot of foxes can platform camp really well and fd can negate that and allow you to trap them easier and then get your tech chases in. To escape fox combos i usually go for an edge or space some needles on the way down.

I personally like dreamland for the ceiling and space to move. And I'm pretty quick onto the platforms myself and can trap them if they try those shenanigans with me.

I ban stadium everytime against fox.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
need others thoughts.

thoughts?
platforms don't really help you escape combos vs savvy foxes.

if anything, it's like the marth thing where they really just wind up being another obstacle between you and the ground... a lot of my deaths vs tec0 the night before rom3 day 2 were mostly him trapping me on platforms and then me having to struggle to get down. you can't really go for trades or move clash wins when a platform is in the way because if you try to do that, and they wait, you land on the platform, lag, and fox gets another free hit. on fd, if you win a clash or trade, you're down and that's it.

also, what soap mentioned... platform camping is really hard to deal with at times and the presence of them can open up a lot of escape methods for him vs sheik's corner pressure if you're trying to keep yourself somewhat well spaced. obviously this is less problematic when tilts go through platforms, however (fod/yoshi).

Ministry

Smash Ace
guess i need to work on spacing better and not always choosing the same options on the way down.

weonx punishes me alot he just waites for me to land with whatever and just grabs me or hits me. i find it really hard to deal with on fd since then i go off the stage.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Guyz, hpe its the good topic for that, I guess so regarding the name of it ^^

I have a question, more, a problem I would like you to help me with.

I have very big troubles playing Sheik dittos. Very, very big troubles.
What are the main things I have to know to do well in Sheik dittos?

(Im french, therefore playing PAL version, just so u know, so no infinite chaingrabs, no killing Uair)

PS: Kirbykaze & Lucien ur my gods guyz, I love u guyz so much I wanna make love wit u, the hard way
For the first part, I would suggest asking Amsah on this one. I don't know how to fight myself. I'll run down some of the basics though.

I think D-tilt is overrated and underrated in the MU. Nobody really knows how good it is, or when it's good. I remember P was like "D-tilt ***** face" and it's true, but it's a somewhat situational move. Not something to be spammed.

Fair seems pretty good. Her Fair coming out as fast as it does, with the range that it has, makes it sort of difficult to anti-air on reaction and forces them to do moves fairly early to beat it (because spaced Fair laughs at CC). But you can crouch cancel or move back punish early moves to nonsense and whoa we just got a rock-paper-scissors thing going on here.

Uhh... as for the whole making love to me thing. Pics?

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I wish I could think of Sheik dittos essentially as a game of RPS, with jump beating grab, tilt beating jump, and grab beating tilt. But there are a lot of other variables, like wavedashing back, for example.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
up B out of shield beats fair, fair beats aerial klaw, and aerial klaw beats shielding. and idk wtf else you're supposed to do with bowser LOL

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I wish I could think of Sheik dittos essentially as a game of RPS, with jump beating grab, tilt beating jump, and grab beating tilt. But there are a lot of other variables, like wavedashing back, for example.
WD back is pretty much cheating in Sheik ditto because she doesn't have a good way of covering ground in front of her effectively without doing something rash like dash attack.

soap

Smash Hero
WD back is pretty much cheating in Sheik ditto because she doesn't have a good way of covering ground in front of her effectively without doing something rash like dash attack.
dude, standing needles cover ground. get a full charge, approach with sh aerials, then when u predict wd back u tap down and b. try itz, works with shffl bairs 2.

soap

Smash Hero
a full quiver of needles could be the difference between getting crouch cancel grabbed and knocking them over with your move...

plus u draw different responses out of them with this option

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
Thks kkaze/chival, never saw sheik dittos that way oO
Seems quite understandable...

Anyway, think I'm gonna pass on the pics thing, Im ashamed of my poor face -_-

Kira-

Smash Champion
Boost grabbing / dash attacking the DD really late isn't really that great of an approach.

I mean, I'm certainly guilty of using it. But I really think you're better just moving forward and slowly boxing them in near the edge and then working from there. If you can get Fox blocking near the edge, you're at a pretty big advantage. Provided you don't throw it away by F-tilting his shield point blank or something foolish like that, you can probably kill him from there.

SH and wait. If he doesn't do anything, inch closer. If he starts to rush your space, aerial him depending on how close he's willing to get. Aerial also changes based on how close he's willing to get.
Yeah the boost grabbing works sometimes, but like KK said it's not always applicable. I think the Foxes are a tad bit smarter than that lol

I think my problem is that I'm not spacing properly. The foxes seem to get into that place right outside my range but close enough to punish. It's tough with Fox because he's so quick... but I think I'm getting it.

Mango told me a long time ago to walk cause it helps you space. But I don't do it right so I just get hit

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
dude, standing needles cover ground. get a full charge, approach with sh aerials, then when u predict wd back u tap down and b. try itz, works with shffl bairs 2.
Thats actually a pretty cool trick.

People are just complaining because it doesn't lead to a combo. HEY GUYS COMBOS ARENT EVERYTHING

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I should really remember to use soap's needle trick.

It's really good with a full set to get that damage.

Blargh Sheik is so cool.

Top Bottom