• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Wow, that's amazing.

Also espy this is the few times I'm going to be nice on the boards.
Does your current avatar mean that you're turning into a drunk like kinzer?

:phone:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
wow wtf, the two of you and speed are like the most depressing people I know.

gdi kin, your lucky im coming up there next month, you need some adult guidance, for real forreal.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
yea, but everyone else hides that shi because they know its sad.

you know your at the bottom of the barrel when you just flat out stop caring who knows that you drink too gd much.

also, i find the fact that that bulletin was posted by Kaylo PAINFULLY ironic.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
yea, but everyone else hides that shi because they know its sad.

you know your at the bottom of the barrel when you just flat out stop caring who knows that you drink too gd much.
Then I guess I'm at the bottom of the barrel. Sad pathetic trash I am, but who cares. If I drink and feel better then I do when sober, it's alot better.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Then I guess I'm at the bottom of the barrel. Sad pathetic trash I am, but who cares. If I drink and feel better then I do when sober, it's alot better.
No. Its not.

Youll understand eventually but its not doing anything for you but serving as a way to seperate you from your money.

Just because you FEEL better, doesn't mean anything is ACTUALLY better. All it does is alter your mind into believing that it is.

And if that's the case you can just force yourself to be happy/ believe things are better. And you can do that for free. You are in charge of your own mind and thoughts, not the other way around.

This goes for you, espy, kin, speed, everybody.

Meh, I can't save everybody tho, so I'm not gonna bother discussing it further than this post...

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
No. Its not.

Youll understand eventually but its not doing anything for you but serving as a way to seperate you from your money.

Just because you FEEL better, doesn't mean anything is ACTUALLY better. All it does is alter your mind into believing that it is.

And if that's the case you can just force yourself to be happy/ believe things are better. And you can do that for free. You are in charge of your own mind and thoughts, not the other way around.

Meh, I can't save everybody tho, so I'm not gonna bother discussing it further than this post...

KIDgoggles, I like your attitude bro.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
No. Its not.

The cool thing is that's all true.

I'm well aware of that actually. Why wouldn't I be? Part of becoming the best psychologist involves being able to separate myself from my own situations and assess them empirically. This will hold true when I am assessing other peoples' life circumstances too.

In the end, I'll admit that it's an addiction.

To be fair though, I like to think I handle it better than a lot of people who set bad examples. I don't drive when I'm drunk. I don't hurt others. And I'm certainly not forcing anyone to hang around me.

Espy was funny to hang around for a bit last night. Even if I am a bit more tired today than I could've been had I just ignored him and gone to bed (and I have one class and two final papers to do, derp), it was interesting to poke fun at him and get certain reactions out of him. One of these days when I'm twenty-one, he ought to come to Vegas so we can drink the night, and our sorrows, away.

Here's something I think it truly does for m: it reacts at some synapses and either inhibits my social judgment or releases some which I normally have locked away in fear of social acceptance. I'll admit I don't know the exact chemically-based reactions, I can easily look that up and tell you.

It is a science afterall, that there are more than just psychological effects from alcohol; it's physiological too. Let me tell you, though, you'll be richer and better off if you can avoid it altogether... but honestly, life is too short and too grand to miss out on a self-indulging act here or there. It's better than me ****** people, shooting up drugs that do; in fact, have immediate and long-term negative effects, stealing from people and lying to others, and killing people though, isn't it?

:093:

BSP

Smash Legend
You guys should pick up more hobbies. Obviously I can't drink and I don't have experience with it, but I'm pretty sure there are lots of other activities that could occupy your time.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You can justify it however you want kin, it doesn't make it right.

The fact that you're trying so hard. To make it sound ok should tell you something

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
KID, quit being such a butt.
We're pretty damn aware that it's not right, and we're aware that it's not good for us. I know for damn sure that nothing can justify it.

Oh, if I just force myself to be happy then it'll all be okay? Well how about that?
Who knew that all it takes to power through my psychological and physiological problems was sheer force of will? It's like one of those Japanese anime!

In all seriousness, there's very, very little to be happy about KID. Wish you weren't so hopelessly optimistic sometimes. I mean, go ahead and continue posting for the sake of trying to change things, it's good that someone does.

But at the very least be realistic. :applejack:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You guys should pick up more hobbies. Obviously I can't drink and I don't have experience with it, but I'm pretty sure there are lots of other activities that could occupy your time.

I do have other hobbies.

It's called "I go to college so I can learn how to make a better world to live in; for the sake of everyone and their happiness."

I think I have every right to do whatever else I feel.

You can justify it however you want kin, it doesn't make it right.

The fact that you're trying so hard. To make it sound ok should tell you something
Did I say it was right? I'm sorry if I said that directly. Of course I wouldn't say that in my right mind; which I happen to be a lot of the time.

And the only reason I'm trying to defend my position is to defy ignorance. I'm not going to be some uneducated moron who takes things for granted and says things only because of what he heard from others.

Now! If you want to take the previous statement as a stab towards yourself, go ahead. I won't stop you. I can't stop you. At least know that I'm not targeting you specifically though, I'm just trying to avoid the same cause-and-effect that made me end up contemplating suicide last year: absolute authority of people not me telling me what life is and how it works/what I should do with it.

I know for damn sure that nothing can justify it.
Hey now, I wouldn't give him that quarter. Some people do in fact have chemical imbalances and need the drugs to bring them to homeostasis. Of course you and I aren't one of them, but meh.

It's like one of those Japanese anime!

In all seriousness, there's very, very little to be happy about KID.
Hey now, I think that's a pretty pessimistic way of looking at things! Okay, sure, this world has its problems. But you're smart enough to see them. You should be intelligent enough to see the solutions to fix them too!

If you are different from me in the respect that you can't work for a better world for others' sake, do it for yourself. Because you're worth it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Being a pessimist helps me hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
Trust me, I'm very well prepared for the worst. :applejack:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
If you are different from me in the respect that you can't work for a better world for others' sake, do it for yourself. Because you're worth it.

Oh my gosh Kinzer, that was like, the cutest thing i've ever heard~ <3

Oh, um, hi sonics~
Yesterday I went to a random gas station to buy some junk and the dude running the cash register programmed it too make the same noise when sonic gets hit and drops rings. So I thought of you guys. :3

...Sadly, I could not pay the man in rings. :<

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
A lot of Gas stations have that sound effect.
Most Valeros and third party stations down here have it. :applejack:

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
"Such a beautiful day in the neighborhood"

-Mr. Rogers

BSP

Smash Legend
Actually, it's thunder storming down here right now

I do finish HS in 2 days though, so no complaints here

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Oklahoma got a freak thunderstorm and even a tornado watch Monday night, when minutes earlier it was completely clear.

I have two weeks to go for this semester. One more, and then I'm done.

As for alcohol, after witnessing a fatal accident either due to DD or drugs, I promised myself never to do either activity so I wouldn't do the same.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
As for alcohol, after witnessing a fatal accident either due to DD or drugs, I promised myself never to do either activity so I wouldn't do the same.
That's just an example of irresponsible drinking+driving.
You can drink without having to deal with driving at all. :applejack:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
These registers should use the 100 Ring Fanfare for the exact situation.

=

If I'm going to drink, I'm sleeping over.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Which one, the Sonic 2, Sonic 3, S&K, 3D Blast, or Adventure fanfare?

@Espy, true, but I don't really trust myself to not do anything brash if I drink excessively.

Top Bottom