• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I asked Azua if it were okay for me to allow a topic like this for the Fox boards, and they are making great use of it, so let's see if you guys can handle yourselves as well and make good use of this. (The Pikachu boards also recently got one and it is doing fine, so now is your turn.)

Ground Rules:
#1: THE GLOBAL RULES STILL APPLY HERE.
This should be simple enough. Just because it's a general/social thread does not mean spam, double posting, etc... are all game. They aren't.
#2: Don't reply to people who obviously didn't see rule #1.
This should also be simple. If someone comes in and is like "Lol, Post Count +1", ignore them and pretend it never happened. They'll get infracted and as long as you don't respond to them and egg them on or join in, you won't.
#3: Try to keep things on whatever the current subject is.
This isn't too strict of a rule, but if there is productive discussion going on, try not to derail it and ruin it for everyone else, okay?
#4: This is for the Sonic boards.
That means this is for the Sonic community. I know who the Sonic community is; so I don't want to see people coming here from other boards just to chat. If you haven't contributed to any other thread on this board, then you shouldn't feel the need to post in this one.
#5: This thread can and will be locked at any time.
If I feel things are getting out of hand, then I'll go ahead and lock this thread for a certain period of time. If they get out of hand again, it'll get locked for a longer period of time. And so on until I am forced to just move this to the rubbish bin and you guys never get this again.
Since you guys have messed up things before; this is your last chance. If things get out of hand. There will be no temporary locking and this will be straight rubbish-binned.
Do not abuse this.
:mad:This is not a spam thread.:mad:
You guys do not want to end up being the only board without a general/social topic.
#6: Xiivi loves you.
#7: :mad:NO DISCO PARTIES.:mad:
Have fun.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
funny that you bring up number 2 because i was noticing that myself, and that sonic vids sometimes show sonic getting cornered at the edge, when we could SS out of trouble.

Im planning on using it more.

its such an old move, i think people are moving away from it in favor of more recent moves/techs, when its still a very good move,

however i would like to stress the fact that for use on stage, in 90 percent of situations, iSDJ would be a better option than SS. just because of the attached hitbox, and retained double jump.

people also need to know how to accurately and repeatedly perform foxtrot b reversed spinshots.

also, if we are looking for a topic to discuss, i just found this in the MK general thread.

Do you guys have a xat chat? I'm trying to make a universal xat room that is tabbed to all individual character xats with each main owner becoming an owner in this room as well.

To do it the main owner has to tab xat.com/Wifi_Room
(Go to "Edit your Chat", type in Wifi_Room, click get, select it, OK)

So far the Link, Mario, Pit, and Pikachu xats are connected.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
@Boxob - I don't really find the boards DEAD, just slightly less active than a few months ago >_>
However, this topic should bring up some interesting things, so I'm game.

@KID - http://xat.com/Sonic_Brawlers

:093:

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
lol wut?

I spinshot all the time.

I'm pretty sure I spinshot the most here.

It's the basis for my metagame.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
thats only the 2 of you...

anyway, i know we have a xat already, but i was focusing on the idea of integrating our xat with the huge all inclusive one.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I've got the last post on quite a few threads right now.

I need to stop killing threads.

Someone must be thinking good things about me and causing this to happen.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Enough talking about that crap, I never make threads anymore and I'd like it if this one wasn't derailed and locked. Further your conversation via SBR or Xat.

Thanks.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I typically do save my Fsmash for the KO. Particularly against MK. If I need to do a punish I'd usually do with Fsmash I'll use Dsmash. Even if he punishes it Sonic can escape those chains. I've started to save the Fsmash more and more. I don't have problems landing it so much as it's degraded by the time I need it. I use it as a damage racker the way most Sonic's use Throws and Uairs.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Spinshotting IMO is only good for:
1) When you've realised you've ****ed up in the air and are in for a world of hurt, spinshot away works very well to counteract Sonic's slow air speed.
2) When you've been knocked high and far from the stage, spinshot pretty much guarantees ungimpability considering it takes all the horizontal movement needed and you can still pull out spring if the need arises, then again it's not like Sonic gets gimped anyway, this just basically guarantees it.
3) Getting through certain projectile spam fast (most effective with things like the rangs, AS, basically any ground level horizontal aimed projectile).

Last time I was in the Sonic boards was about April lol, things have definately changed.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Spinshotting IMO is only good for:
1) When you've realised you've ****ed up in the air and are in for a world of hurt, spinshot away works very well to counteract Sonic's slow air speed.
2) When you've been knocked high and far from the stage, spinshot pretty much guarantees ungimpability considering it takes all the horizontal movement needed and you can still pull out spring if the need arises, then again it's not like Sonic gets gimped anyway, this just basically guarantees it.
3) Getting through certain projectile spam fast (most effective with things like the rangs, AS, basically any ground level horizontal aimed projectile).

Last time I was in the Sonic boards was about April lol, things have definately changed.
no.....

spinshot is good for approaches.

spinshot is good for mindgames.

spinshot is good.

spinshot moar.

always.

spinshot.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Spinshots not THAT amazing...

But it's good.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Why do people say Sonic is so slow in the air?

He's the 6th fastest character in the air in the game without the use of Spinshot.

It's just his aerial acceleration that is... I dunno where he stands at that, but yeah.

Sonic is not slow in any way you can imagine.

Except maybe HA.

I need to use moar SS, everytime I try to do it, I just end up using my 2nd jump in place.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
People think he's slow because they're juxtaposing it to his run speed. It SEEMS like he's really slow in the air. He can't WoP but he can weave attacks and modify his direction midair to avoid attacks and counter pretty effectively considering his momentum shifts with spring dair and spindashes.

Browny

Smash Hater
heh... fastest vertical rise with sping, possibly fastest falling with dair (i think only yoshi/bowser/kirby down b might be faster), fastest horizontal with spinshot

yet hes still called slow only coz his accelleration isnt great. its not THAT bad, I cant put a number on it but surely its only just below average

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Is there not a list somewhere on this forum that shows specific characters' aerial acceleration or has it not been done as of yet?

Anyway DJ I would think anybody with a dair similar to Sonic's hast eh same speed... doesn't it?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i know shieks is slower than sonics, and i feel that ZSSs is faster.

sorry for the thread derailment boxy, i got infracted for it so...

for the people that dont spinsshot, in the middle of a match, pick a stock, and for that stock, spinshot as much as possible. jsut to throw the other guys off

Boxob.

Smash Lord
I'm not even requesting you do this in an ultra serious environment. just like, if you're doing friendlies, experiment with it, that's what they're for, no?

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
i know shieks is slower than sonics, and i feel that ZSSs is faster.

sorry for the thread derailment boxy, i got infracted for it so...

for the people that dont spinsshot, in the middle of a match, pick a stock, and for that stock, spinshot as much as possible. jsut to throw the other guys off
I got infracted too. T_T

Well, so far I...

Wait, what the fuck was the point of this thread again?
To discuss old techs and if they can be applied now.

Speaking of which someone did an 8 month bump on Platform cancelling. Can we make use of that? I love Smashville as it is and it may give us some help on BF. Jump INTO our Usmash would be TOO good.

Edit: When did TwinkleToes come back?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
that would be sexy as hell, if I had recording stuffs, i would put up a vid of that.

we need fizzie to put up more vids of this shiz.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Updating with something interesting now. Prepare yourself.

I send nearly everything worthwhile to Nape, which he will likely never upload LOL.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
SSBairs are supersexy.

How about SSASCs? I did one successfully, my opponent was in awe. SS could be a pretty good anticamp move... maybe... what do you guys think?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I kind of do ASC out of Spinshot when I remember that can be done too. But I always cancel the ASC... I sometimes roll off the stage without 2nd jump :bee:

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Spinshotting is needed. I always use it to recover, but spinshotting constantly is for those aerial type Sonics. Cat, Boxob, i am looking at you. Using ASC out of spinshot is funny, because people always fall for it. They think i would be going for a bair, but I ASC behind then, then quickly go in for a grab.

Trillion

Smash Ace
i feel incredibly stupid now, because I never even entertained the thought of a ASC out of spinshot
You're not alone. I have never even considered doing that. I rarely ever try for the spin dash or spin charge after having already used my mid-air jump so this just never occurred to me. This has some interesting possibilities. Like ASC to shield for more mindgames and unpredictability.

Also, this is an idea that I'm sure people have already thought of, but if your opponent reads your spin shot (let's imagine this as a grounded spin shot) and tries to chase, then you could start to charge a spin dash and shield cancel it upon landing. Your opponent would either end up attacking you shield so you can punish or they end up trying to shield or dodge, which you can you punish. Win-win situation? Am I overlooking something?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
wanna know a really stupid move that i bet madd people will fall for?

spinshot to early back air to homing attack.

Blapius

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blapius
3DS FC
1435-6036-1685
I used to do a lot of overhead spinshots to an about-face ASD, which I then canceled on the ground to a grab.

Ex: Spinshot left over opponent's head, input right-B, shield on ground, grab.

This works not only if you land right behind them, but also if you overshoot and they run in to harass your Spin Dash. I'm thinking about bringing this back into my game. If you'd like, I can upload a couple of examples I found in some of my old videos.

Edit: I just looked up to see that Mag had posted the basic idea of this move and my heart sank at the thought that I'd been beaten to the punch by only a few hours. Then I realized I'd done this move since last July. LAFF. Also, I am uploading a video of some highlights from that old batch of videos that does include some examples of this "SAFASDSCG." Catchy acronym.

infomon

Smash Scientist
wanna know a really stupid move that i bet madd people will fall for?

spinshot to early back air to homing attack.
This is cool because if they dodge the HA, you'll be in position to bounce off the stage, away from them. It's safe. Assuming you don't turnaround-B it, which you probably don't want to in this situation. (Unless you expect the non-locked version to actually hit them as they come out of the dodge LOL)

But if it locks on, it's as risky as any HA... but yeah the setup's weird enough that it'll probably work often enough. Oh, silly HA.

You can even mix-up spinshot > early Bair > Nair just to condition them to not expect the HA.

Or spinshot > early Bair > side-B backwards ftw :)

Browny

Smash Hater
btw this applies to everything...

in future when people link videos with specific times, put #t=[minutes]m[seconds]s at the end

so in the above example, simply add #t=1m38s to the end of the url. for seconds <10 dont put 05 or anything, leave it as #t=1m5s etc

Top Bottom