• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
i need to see X vs lee martin. i want to lol at why he switched to rob. i still can't belive that happened... was the **** that severe?

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Yeah, I saw Espy beat Mr. Doom and almost **** myself. TMI moment I know but **** that's Mr. Doom he beat. :O

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i was sadden by the news :'( but Espy delivered better news later on.

All those matches Espy is against top players of the character O_O..

Nike.

Smash Hero

Before the tourney

Right before Espy played ESAM and X played Gnes. They played on opposite tv's and sat next to each other lol

Right before Espy vs X set started

After the tourney

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
apparently not :p

Yes, and Espy won.

As for the X trash-talking whatnot.... guys for now it's a rumour, let's see what X has to say, if/when he comes to this thread :) Perhaps that was just a private convo with one of his Utah friends who was going to be facing against Espy? Sonic-love vs. irl-friends, it's reasonable for that to be a tough choice. ;)
I know X personally, he trash talks alot, but it's all in good fun. He probably did trash talk, but I think someone just got buthurt. :ohwell:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Not like it matters now, but I did some pretty nice things and got some pretty decent videos from my tourney this past weekend.

If any of you are subscribed to dark 3nergys channel ill see if I can have her upload them. but i doubt many will watch them, since everyone just boarded the hype train.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Not like it matters now, but I did some pretty nice things and got some pretty decent videos from my tourney this past weekend.
No accomplishment with Sonic is belittled (by me if it helps you feel any better). How did you do at the tourney Goggles? :<

Also, I broke Lucario's UTilt for now.

You're welcome/any requests?

:093:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I got 5th.

Lost to kingtoon (I have no idea how to hit a campy tl)
and I lost to Neil again. the set was all falco vs mk. On the bright side, the set was really close, and I think Ive broken pikachu to the point where he cant use him vs me anymore. On the darker side, he 3 stocked me game 2 and I still lost the set. oh well. better luck next time I suppose.

I did however win a good number of money matches. and thanks to the advice I got from trent in the matchup discussion thread I beat tusm's d3 in mm and in tourney all with sonic.

I also got 2nd in doubles going all sonic except for the last two games in grand finals, one win one loss.

I hacked my wii for the first time the day before the tourney so i have a bunch of saved matches on it. that Im going to try and have ashley upload for me.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Goggles, how do you go about sending them to D3/DE?

I know you say you're not all that great with technology, but if you say you just hacked your wii to save replays, that means more likely than not you also have an SD card.

I do also assume you're on a computer too, hopefully it has a USB slot/thingimajig, which will just make the rest of my post pointless if not, but otherwise-

You could just send them to me if that's convenient for you.

If your SD card is built similar to mine, the files should be at "Private > Wii > App > RSBE > rp" when you open it up.

If a file looks something like "ZZYYXX_AAAA.bin," then you have a certain date. "ZZ" Being the year, "YY" being the month, and "XX" being the day. "AAAA" isn't too important but it's the replay number (I think) ".bin" is just the type of file it's in right now.

It would work AIM too since the replay files are just kilobits. It's the movie files that take hours to make anything with. :/

Edit: Also, 5th out of...?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
35 or 36.

and yea, I just send them to DE over aim
like i did with this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFEFPOrAYIE

If you want, Ill send them to you tomorrow, I have to actually go through all of the replays and make sure I label them right and make sure I know whats im sending you and all. but Ill only send them too you if you are confident in your ability to put them up relatively soon.

if you need an estimate Id say theres somewhere in the ballpark of a dozen vids that I would be sending.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I think I found the actual hurtboxes in Tabuu but I don't think I can get it to visualize in Brawl. :(

edit: wrong thread, but meh.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
and yea, I just send them to DE over aim
like i did with this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFEFPOrAYIE

If you want, Ill send them to you tomorrow, I have to actually go through all of the replays and make sure I label them right and make sure I know whats im sending you and all. but Ill only send them too you if you are confident in your ability to put them up relatively soon.

if you need an estimate Id say theres somewhere in the ballpark of a dozen vids that I would be sending.
... Well, if DE already has a hold of them, then there's no point in two people doing the same job. I just wanted you to know that I can handle anything you can send me if you wanted to, and I can get them up as soon as I can.

... Which now that I think about it, wouldn't really be convenient. I'm going to have to use the computer for school work and College entry stuff, plus I am going to work on that shieldstun frame data project which may or may not take me around a month to complete assuming I work on one move everyday...

After that though, in the future, if you need another person to take any recording requests, you know where to find me.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
So tired.

As for the X talking trash thing, I wouldn't look too far into it. He WAS giving Rich Brown Sonic vs. Olimar practice by playing him a bit, though. I was watching them play. :p

I know X plowed through anywhere between 4-7 Meta Knights at this tournament. I know he played Dojo, Tyrant, Lee (also used Lucario), Seibrik (spellcheck?), and possibly another Meta Knight, but I'm not entirely sure 100%.

I never played the same character twice. I had:
- PeachGuard (Peach)
- Dakpo (Zero Suit Samus)
- Mr. Doom (Ike)
- DEHF (Falco)
- Shaky (Ness)
- UTDZac (Mr. Game & Watch)
- Rich Brown (Olimar)
- Tyrant (Meta Knight)
- ESAM (Pikachu)
- Ally (Snake)
- X (Sonic)

It was a wild, wild ride.
Too tired right now though. I'll post more later when I get the opportunity.

Oh, and as for the whole "Sonic timing everything out under the sun" schtick circulating around SWF:

I only timed out two people in one game a piece at this tournament: Rich Brown and Tyrant, Game 1s. And I only did so because they decided to play just a little bit too safe. :p

On a side note, I've more or less lost pretty much all of my respect for many of the West Coast players due to some of the tasteless comments uttered during my match with Rich. So disrespectful.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
....wow. Holy **** diversity all around? LOL

You fought the cast.

[EDIT]

Seriously though? That sucks... The west coast comments, that is. I promise, if more Canadians come around for WHOBO 3 or something, we're nice people!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
... I'm not surprised to read that part. I'm only curious to know what it is they said.

Why do I have a feeling it's either trashtalking Richbrown, or Sonic trashtalk? I'd be furious with both, but the former would be inexcusable.

To lighten the mode though, welcome home Espy. Hope you sleep well, you've certainly earned it.

Top Bottom