• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
@Kuraudo: Raziek is one hell of a great guy to hang with. I'm glad we got a taste of some Canadian Smash. It was delicious.

Well, in a nutshell, on Saturday some of the MLG ladies were handing out free packs of Beef Jerky. Obviously hungry, I snagged one and ripped it open. I bit into the first slice, and let me tell you, it was the roughest, hardest slice of jerky I'd ever eaten.

It chipped a weakened tooth because it was so hard, and I bit down too rough.

With a chipped tooth and my appetite killed (and me joking about it with several people while I continued to play games through the day), I went to bed and woke up for the Pro-bracket next morning. It felt ready to pop out due to me constantly fiddling with it, so I just kinda waited for the moment.

It came out during my game 1 with Rich Brown. DURING. After I got killed by an usmash, I used the Star KO time to quickly spit it onto my bag resting on the table and jumped right back into the set.

Eventually it spread around (didn't help that I joked about it to the ref; he thought it was funny too), and during one of my matches (I believe game 4), several West Coast'ers start chanting "Brush your teeth".

That just pissed me off. Rude, insulting, and just unsportsmanlike altogether.

I honestly don't care about trash talk and bad vibes in general (I got plenty this weekend. Florida absolutely hated that Sonic was doing so well). What bothered me is that this just teetered a bit too close to a more personal attack rather than a jab at my competence as a Smash player, especially since it was blown out of proportion. Sucks that they took something like chipping my tooth off because of a rough piece of jerky and twisted it into what it eventually became.

Tasteless.

That's about all the problems I had this weekend that happened that involved me, thankfully. Everything else about this tournament was absolutely incredible.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I BET FLORIDA WAS MAD

I GAVE THEM *****S A PREVIEW OF WHAT WAS ABOUT TO HAPPEN TO ALL DEM IGNANT MOFOS.

although, I couldnt help but laugh at the fact that you got 3 stocked game 5 on pictochat.

thats just golden.

but when you wake up, tell me how your set with ally played out. or was it tyrant?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I got 3-stocked on Smashville, KID. ESAM pulled out a crazy off-level pressure game after the 0-48% chaingrab. I DI'd the thunder terribly, and got thundered again for the KO @ 99%. It killed my momentum for the rest of the match, and I kinda just collapsed in on myself. Everything kinda just snowballed from there. It was rough, but I'll get him next time. I'll just have to try harder. I mean, it was 2-3. I can do it no problem.

I got 0-3'd by Ally. I think practically every kill he net was from an utilt. I played it a little sloppy, but overall I'm satisfied. I don't remember how the first match played out on Smashville, but on Yoshi's Island and Norfair, I got him to last stock and over 100%, at the very least.

My matches with Tyrant in Winners' were fun. I felt like I was in control for the majority of the games. I'll let the videos speak for themselves.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Not cool, West Coast. Not cool.

You and X, for how well you guys did, was just one example of giving the competitive scene a giant middle finger. Especially the trash talkers of lower tiers that go to being tasteless like that.

That, and Florida mad salty. XD Get owned EVERYONE.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
What they did was definitely kinda cold. Wow. x_x

And lol Florida.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I wouldn't point the finger at West Coast in it's entirety though, Kuraudo. I'm pretty sure DEHF wasn't chanting, and in our set in Winners, he seemed like a great guy. I wish I had the opportunity to chat with him a little more before we went our separate ways.

Rich Brown seemed a little mad after our games as well, but he also looked like a nice guy.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
http://www.mlgpro.com/content/page/3...of-Champions/3
Wow look at the crowd behind Espy and X.

Welcome back espy. I suppose you remember me from the Ike boards. Congrats on your and X's placment in MLG. absolutely fills me with joy to see 2 Sonics in the top ranks of MLG. But you being trash talked by WC really disgusts me. I'm from West Coast you see. San Diego to be exact; region from where Havoc, Terry (terbear) and Daniel (Zeke) are from. I hope those guys didn't trashtalk you. Oh well, look the bright side, you owned WC over with Sonic and got home with 2k+ bucks in your pocket. Definitely worth your time and effort.

Come over to the Ike board and say hello too. I'm sure other Ikes will welcome you warmly. I wish I could participate here but my restrictions of not having a Wii and therefore brawl is great :(. But I definitely keep up with this board.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Not like it matters now, but I did some pretty nice things and got some pretty decent videos from my tourney this past weekend.

If any of you are subscribed to dark 3nergys channel ill see if I can have her upload them. but i doubt many will watch them, since everyone just boarded the hype train.
i see so im your official vid uploading bytch now eh?

I got 5th.

Lost to kingtoon (I have no idea how to hit a campy tl)
i've played TL in bracket n even before that i talked to jash both irl n on my phone about the MU so hes helped me quite abit. While it is sonic vs TL pshielding bombs is really the key to helping you get inside since most TLs love to jump and pluck them out.

Sonic should def have no trouble getting in once you learn his camping habit.

Goggles, how do you go about sending them to D3/DE?
kinzer, i have recording equipment for standard TV recording atm. Basically, if you send me the .bin file, i can take it out of my SD card slot on my laptop, put it in my wii and use my wii to record. The laptop cannot read/record the .bin files but the wii can read the .bin files.

The tags/infinite replay has consistently been working too which is a plus if you had it turned on.

On a side note, I've more or less lost pretty much all of my respect for many of the West Coast players due to some of the tasteless comments uttered during my match with Rich. So disrespectful.
i know how u feel homski, dont listen to that trash all you rly need to listen to is the steak mains <3

It chipped a weakened tooth because it was so hard, and I bit down too rough.
use the money you got to fix it homie. I spent 155$ on a cavity this year and didnt even get a discount from not using novacane :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I WAS THE MADDEST

infomon

Smash Scientist
I catch myself being surprised when people don't look similar to their avatars or their sigs. It doesn't make much sense, but it never fails me lol.
lol I do this too :D

....... I'm kind of glad...... espy (or "SD" :bee:) doesn't look like his avy.......... :urg:

and thanks to the advice I got from trent in the matchup discussion thread I beat tusm's d3 in mm and in tourney all with sonic.
KID's cool cuz he takes advice and right away tests it out.

I CAN'T WAIT to watch the vids..... omg omg omg..... stupid midterms >.<

Nike.

Smash Hero
Espy brush yo teef. You got too much west coast between em.

Oh, and they did that during Game 5, last stock each when Rich Brown had over 120% and you had the lead.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Wow. Did Speed turn furry because of this weekend? I hope so. :3c
And Blaze too. One hell of a sexy choice, if I might add.

Thanks a lot Speed. The support from the Sonic, Wolf, Fox, Kirby, and Pikachu boards, along with Texas and even some other OoS players was incredible. I love everyone for helping me out when I seemed like I was under pressure.

Dphat's trashtalk was fantastic.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Called that comment about 3 years ago, KID. lol.
So buddy, where's your 2K? >:3c

@Speed: usofurry :3

Oh, and Dphat was trashtalking Rich Brown while we played. It was very motivational.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
well maybe I would have gotten 5th at mlg if I didnt have to play ally until the 15th round of losers, as opposed to the 2nd round of winners.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's okay. I only had to play Mr. Doom in the third round, and DEHF in the fourth.
I completely understand.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
because an ike thats not san is totally a hard matchup for sonic.

and didnt we already establish that WC is a free win for sonic?

you looking real slow right now brah.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Mr. Doom felt harder for me in doubles than San did in low tier.
Just sayin'. :p

Whatever you say, KID. I'm the one with $2,500 from playing a video game over a single weekend.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
SUCK A ****!!

lol anyway, on some real talk, that was some good shiz you pulled, so I cant hate on you TOO much. especially since you crushed all the X meatriders, so I appreciate that.

Even though you completely overshadowed all the cool stuff I did this weekend.... =(

Trent

Smash Champion
I was at a stupid convention the entire weekend so I missed the hype train. :(

After reading 15+ pages later..

Espy and X are amazing. Congratulations to you both for being the top 2 Sonics and proving it.

Yay at Espy winning that $750 MM.

Espy's my hero.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Clearly. :<

It's all good. At the very least, you'll get to see me get violated by ESAM in game 5.
Good god.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I wouldn't point the finger at West Coast in it's entirety though, Kuraudo. I'm pretty sure DEHF wasn't chanting, and in our set in Winners, he seemed like a great guy. I wish I had the opportunity to chat with him a little more before we went our separate ways.

Rich Brown seemed a little mad after our games as well, but he also looked like a nice guy.
DEHF and Rich would never do that. Both are amazing people and trust me.....

There'll be some drama on the WC for pulling that ****. I'll make sure of it. Trash talkings a'ight but straight up disrespecting another player?

That's crossing the line.

:093:

infomon

Smash Scientist
Trash talkings a'ight but straight up disrespecting another player?

That's crossing the line.
..... not really........

at least, it's a very blurry line. idk, it might've been nonobvious to many of the chanters that the one particular theme was "offensive" rather than "trash-talking that doesn't count as offensive".

just my 2c

I mean, it still sucks and mad respect for espy and I'm disappointed that it happened, but iunno if I would've been able to tell the difference had I been there, then again all I know is what's posted in this thread which is pretty slim info to go off so *shrug*

Trent

Smash Champion
Good stuff to KID as well.

It sucks doing good at a tournament then getting overshadowed by a hype train.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
X and Espy.

You guys provided the "omg this has been the best tournament of all time" comment for me. EVERY **** MATCH you guys played was an upset. X beat 9 mks in his bracket/nickriddle and espy beat rich brown AND the tyrant(who beat X) AND beat X in a sonic ditto. good good **** to you sonics!

SuSa

Banned via Administration
..... not really........

at least, it's a very blurry line. idk, it might've been nonobvious to many of the chanters that the one particular theme was "offensive" rather than "trash-talking that doesn't count as offensive".

just my 2c

I mean, it still sucks and mad respect for espy and I'm disappointed that it happened, but iunno if I would've been able to tell the difference had I been there, then again all I know is what's posted in this thread which is pretty slim info to go off so *shrug*
Every region trash talks, some of the more clever ones are more on the light humor side (RBrood for example)

I see it as all part of the game, supporting your side and trying to get into the opponents head that they suck - etc. I personally don't see a problem with it as long as it's directed at gameplay (or again, light humor like the above)

But completely disrespected a player such as they did to Espy is waaay over the line. I wouldn't tolerate that **** and I'm sure the WC peeps who chanted will be leaked eventually. We won't let a few (or even many? if that be the case) *******s ruin our rep.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
lol i got those WC guys back for disrespecting espy. u should have heard the things i said. ROFL

Top Bottom