• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

School is in Session 6: Road to Apex! Results Thread! BRACKETS UP! :D

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
It's fun seeing other peoples' reactions to Kel's posts that haven't known him as long. Kel/Kassandra/OS we gotta hang out sometime.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
It's fun seeing other peoples' reactions to Kel's posts that haven't known him as long. Kel/Kassandra/OS we gotta hang out sometime.
I was just thinking the same thing. LMAO It's like a guessing game, how will they react?

YES. Our door is always open to fellow Caniacs! <3

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lolol these rules that let worse players win like that cheese mofo
cmon guys step it up.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Really what should have happened is that Judo should have won the rematch.

That would have dispersed a lot of these negative emotions.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I just want to know who got byes from me. I better have been put into bracket! I wanted to deny someone the chance to play! =P
Y.b.M. got a third seed and got you as a bye.

Are you implying that he isn't completely serious about his post?

There is a rule against disrupting your opponent as well.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Shoutouts

1: Shugo- Good **** winning! Back off Gifts, he's mine. (-_-+)

2: Nicole-Nicoooooooooooooooole!!! Making dat $$$. You're lucky you didn't have to play me. :mistyface:

3: Infern- Good seeing you. Dat Snake tho.

4: Logic- Good seeing you again. Regardless of the circumstances at hand, your match with Judo was still hype as ****. Hopefully, there isn't an issue like this in the future.

5: Krystedez- :pit: y? lol Thanks for getting me food. It was fun hanging with you. I hope that Me, you, Rip and Hades can start traveling together more.

5: Zak- :luigi2: y? It was good seeing you and playing you in Minus.

7: Kain- Nice to see you made it out. I want to play your Wolf soon.

7: Judo- You are a ****ing beast. Period. Despite the matter at hand, you won. Rules are rules and unfortunately the pausing rule is a *****.

9: Kel- Good seeing you.

9: Sparta Kick- Rawr! I so wanted game 3 to happen. It was fun stuff playing you in Minus dubs and friendlies. :lucas: too good.

9: MJG- I was kinda expecting you to win this tournament. Too bad we didn't get some TL dittos in or something. I do want to pick him up though.

9: AlphaZealot- Good seeing you.

13: HadesBlade- Sorry for having a ridiculous snore. It was fun hanging with you. Thanks for the housing.

13: Legan- "Hey Legan, youse a *****." loooooool Your reaction was golden. I was hoping to play you at this tournament.

13: Bpow- Looks like I'll never be able to go :luigi2: against you again. iSad. GGs. Also, it was fun chillin' with you and Thugz.

13: GIMR- :falco: y? I was too gone when I was playing you. Next time we meet...I gotchu.

17: Thugs- Nice meeting you. It was cool chillin' with you and Bpow.

17: y.b.M- I'm kinda glad I lost to Tutu. Playing you wouldn't have been fun.

17: Shadow Phoenix- SP on the come up. Good ****!

17: Ralph Cecil- Much better than I expected. Good stuff.

17: Kassandra Nova- Y u so gud? I stay getting bodied by Killa Kass.

17: Ripple- These long *** drives. @_@

17: Mister Eric- I didn't play you this time around. You lucky beeper.

17: Fizzle- Good seeing you Frank Rizzle. Hope to see you make a beastly comeback.

25: Ori_Bro- Super Orieo Bros!

25: Tutu- **** some Drunk Sheik. afk :salt: Forreal though, you were not looking too good earlier.

25: TKBro- RealTalk Falco. akdhsjledubslasidfj Fun times, fun times. Too bad I didn't get to go clubbing.

25: TMacc- Tmaaaaaaaaaacccccccccc! Wario lookin mad sexy in doubles.

25: Roller- Trollerking! Good games in doubles. We should play more.

25: MX- Thanks for teaming with me. We kinda got a rough bracket. Oh well, it happens. Hope to see you at more tournaments

25: Smile- Good seeing you. You guys keep getting better and better.

25: Oreo- How did I place 25th and 33rd? Taking multiple personalities to a new level. /swag

33: TheKiest- Good seeing you Keister.

33: Sneaky Tako- Godlike laugh is godlike. GGs in doubles. I hate ROB.

33: WTP- Good seeing you too.

33: Excel- Never. Ever. Play. That. F'd. Up. Again.

33: Jinx- Good seeing you again. You've got a nice ZSS.

33: Foraward Air Rage- I'm feeling the Yoshi. Keep it up.

33: "bye"- Overbyeswarm.

33: DtJ Composer- Good seeing you again Composer. I wanted to play you in Minus. :(

33: S2- 2nd Soldier you need to stop throwing out kill moves against ICs so much.

33: King Beef- I never got to play that Marf outside of doubles. :(

33: Luminoth- Lumipuff. Best in the OH.

33: Chuee- Good seeing you after a decade. Yoshi is a pain for Lucas it seems.

33: Sorasin- Tough luck on fighting GIMR. He's a tough one.

33: DTJ****Whitman- Good games in Minus. Sucks Falcon got those hardbody nerfs.

33: Tech_Chase- Thanks for Gifts. Sparta Kick is cute and all but Gifts tho? :yeahboi:

49: Ttar- Good seeing you after forever.

49: Gifts- :yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi:

49: Rikku- GGs in pools. Lucario lookin' smooth there.

49: Juu- In case you don't get on Skype today, I want to apologize for the salt levels yesterday. I was just frustrated from going through a bunch of work just to have comebacks happen against me in back to back sets.

49: Radium- Good seeing you Rauleen. That Kirby lookin good.

49: Lokii- Nice to finally meet you and Denzi. You two are the only NEOH players that I never got a chance to meet.

61: Auspher- Good seeing you Auspher. You'll see there with Lucario. Also, you're soooooo ****ing beast at DDR.

61: Glyph- Nice to meet you. You're definitely cool as ****. DtJ GlyphMoney

61: Steep- I never got to see that Weegee in action. I'm repping him right along with you.

61: Truth- Good to see a new face in the community. I see potential in you.

ALSO: THANKS FOR THE MONEY GOD KAISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:luigi2: tooooooooooooooooooo gooddddddddddddd

:yeahboi:

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Love all of you, but you really have to get your definition of "won" straight.

Things like this happen all the time in Sports. Football players getting flagged a yard before a touchdown. Touchdowns/field goals being reversed AFTER the touchdown/field goal was successful. No sport is excluded from last minute fouls from plays that did actually win the game.

Same thing occurred here.
Just quoting to say this:

Should we really be okay with such behavior? Or should we be striving to present better sportsmanship?

Saffy

Smash Ace
Few Shoutouts even though I didn't go. lol

1: Shugo - Congrats on winning! I had no idea you were that good with Falco haha. I hope I can meet you one day!!

2: Nicole - I just wanted to tell you Congrats on making it so far, you have really improved (And probably impressed so many people in playing peach) and you have just proven that girls can win too. Next time you got this, great job and I hope to play you someday if I can ever make it out to St. Louis.

4: Logic - Your olimar is crazy. Good job, and don't worry about the haters. Play by the rules.

7: Judo - Beast Sheik , but like I said before, play by the rules. It's a form of disrespect to do that anyways.

7: Kain - One of my favorite players to watch, I swear you and MJG have the best team in smash. Keep it up with Wolf!

9: MJG - MANN You are supposed to win! You totally ***** in doubles regardless =]. I know you could of won the tournament. You and kain need to team more. You guys make smash fun to watch.

13: HadesBlade - .... Omg stop being so pro Hades. I have to meet up with you again , it's been too long. Your yoshi is very godlike, it's nice to see someone work so hard for wins. You def. deserve them.

13: Legan - I still haven't met you and it's been over a year since I've lived here... I heard you use Marth or something now? DISAPPOINT MAN.

17: Ripple - Use more dk next time.

17: Mister Eric - Beep Beep!

MX778

Smash Journeyman
Great tourney Day. I had loads of fun at this.
Bracket was a little rough for me as I got Bob-omb'd by a certain Peach main.... *cough* They were all some really good games though.

I'm not totally disappointed with my placing as at least I made it out of pools this time around too. The only dissappointment I have is getting knocked out of bracket so early on. Doh! Time to prepare for Apex/next Siis.

Shoutouts from me shall come later.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Shoutouts:

Luminoth - we're a good team 8) We'll keep working at it.
DtJ Ladiesblade - hoes on deck
Tmacc - I'm really, really sorry for what happened, I left you a wallpost on FB explaining the situation. If I had won game 1 I would not have accepted the $5 either, though it's easy to say that after the fact. But I hope you trust me when I say I'm not a shady/grimy person. Nice job in dubs btw
Infern - you're a scrub
Y.b.M. - man what happened =/
Judo - Sheik numba one
TChase - didn't play at all, wat. That's okay, it was great seeing you again
Tutu - I'm the best Asian Falco in the MW
Kass - You continue to improve and impress me. I'm even more scared than I was before
Shadowphoenix - You're not that free after all. My bad habits ****ed me up though. I'll get you next time
Ripple - I don't lose to Sheik. JK LOOOL good stuff, your Sheik is good. DK v Marth is even.
Juu - fun MM. Don't take me to BF
MJG - Nice meeting you! Your TL is fkn amazing
Sparta Kick - you owe me still lmao
Shugo - good job Shugbear. I will be the man to defeat you next, mark my words 8)
Kel - :( @ what happened vs Kain, I saw that on livestream...
Sorasin - Toby 33rd place is no good
Steel Samurai - enter next time *****, you'll never read this though
KB - my Marth is better than yours. The next time I'm at a tournament I'll prove it
Tako - Swag
Jones Soda - SWAGGGG
TK - We in there.
Zak - Nice seeing you :) shame we didn't get to play at all
Steep - I'm impressed by your Mario. You're well on your way to getting better than Xero
Nicool/Nicole - great to see you, nice job @ second. I will probably play more patient next time roffle and hopefully get hit by less crap
Logic - get stomped by Sheik :yeahboi: Nah nice job tho
GIMR - great stream. Glad to help even a little
Excel - just keep playing, it'll click
Krys - I like your Pit. My Marth is the best though ;)
BPow - Your Wario is tight, standard but not standard...real solid, I see why you're doing so well in MWW. Keep it up
MX - screw Yoshi
Squid - YA BONER. We didn't get to play OR kick it, iSad. Work jones suck the most

if there's anyone I missed...

ADDED SQUID AND MX

MX778

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts:

Luminoth - we're a good team 8) We'll keep working at it.
DtJ Ladiesblade - hoes on deck
Tmacc - I'm really, really sorry for what happened, I left you a wallpost on FB explaining the situation. If I had won game 1 I would not have accepted the $5 either, though it's easy to say that after the fact. But I hope you trust me when I say I'm not a shady/grimy person. Nice job in dubs btw
Infern - you're a scrub
Y.b.M. - man what happened =/
Judo - Sheik numba one
TChase - didn't play at all, wat. That's okay, it was great seeing you again
Tutu - I'm the best Asian Falco in the MW
Kass - You continue to improve and impress me. I'm even more scared than I was before
Shadowphoenix - You're not that free after all. My bad habits ****ed me up though. I'll get you next time
Ripple - I don't lose to Sheik. JK LOOOL good stuff, your Sheik is good. DK v Marth is even.
Juu - fun MM. Don't take me to BF
MJG - Nice meeting you! Your TL is fkn amazing
Sparta Kick - you owe me still lmao
Shugo - good job Shugbear. I will be the man to defeat you next, mark my words 8)
Kel - :( @ what happened vs Kain, I saw that on livestream...
Sorasin - Toby 33rd place is no good
Steel Samurai - enter next time *****, you'll never read this though
KB - my Marth is better than yours. The next time I'm at a tournament I'll prove it
Tako - Swag
Jones Soda - SWAGGGG
TK - We in there.
Zak - Nice seeing you :) shame we didn't get to play at all
Steep - I'm impressed by your Mario. You're well on your way to getting better than Xero
Nicool/Nicole - great to see you, nice job @ second. I will probably play more patient next time roffle and hopefully get hit by less crap
Logic - get stomped by Sheik :yeahboi: Nah nice job tho
GIMR - great stream. Glad to help even a little
Excel - just keep playing, it'll click
Krys - I like your Pit. My Marth is the best though ;)
BPow - Your Wario is tight, standard but not standard...real solid, I see why you're doing so well in MWW. Keep it up

if there's anyone I missed...
You forgot about me. :(

Saffy

Smash Ace
Saffy, Judo didn't pause on purpose.

It came out when he mashed out DACUS.

:phone:
Oh well I only know what was said on stream. Sorry D:
You guys shouldn't hate on Logic regardless of what exactly happened, he didn't do anything wrong at all. Blame the Unity Ruleset or something.

I'm no sheik main at all but.
How can a dacus turn into hitting start? since I thought it involves a dash /cstick/ Z unless there is a different way of doing it?

I'd actually would of preferred to see Judo win, so don't think I'm against him or anything. I wanted to see how far he would go with such an unused character.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah, sheik's DACUS is impossible to do w/ c-stick + Z, you have to either claw w/ A button or set a button to attack (usually L/R).

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Just quoting to say this:

Should we really be okay with such behavior? Or should we be striving to present better sportsmanship?
Well, you can't force players to have morals or values. To have sportsmanship. As long as they put in their $ and follow the rules nothing else matters.

What I mean is that you can't promote good sportsmanship through a set of rules. And you shouldn't try either.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Well I think a lot of things could of been done differently. At this point a TO has to not SHOW they are bias because that really does not make it fair for the other person.

Overall Apex Staff will look at this rule and make sure we correct it on our end. As far as we see it sadly it was using the rules correctly but I am sure we will figure something out :)

As far as the stipend goes.

I was told and read that not only a stipend was to the top regional player ( shugo ) but a raffle would be done to give this for free entry courtesy of Day. Is that true or did the raffle never happen?

Overall a few things could of been done differently but if people had a good time then it seems to be a successful Apex qualifier.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Can I just get a second opinion on the character usage here? Direct C+P from what Krystedez posted, but I just want to make sure everything's spot on before I compile this one.

Check the top players, and confirm their character usage is proper, please.
And make sure these payouts are correct?

1: Shugo :falco: ($225.60)
2: Nicole :peach: ($103.40)
3: Infern :snake: ($65.80)
4: Logic :olimar: :metaknight: ($37.60)
5: Krystedez :pit: / :wario: ($18.80)
5: Zak :dedede: ($18.80)
7: Kain :wolf:
7: Judo :sheik:
9: Kel :metaknight:
9: Sparta Kick :snake:
9: MJG :toonlink:
9: AlphaZealot :diddy:
13: HadesBlade :yoshi2: / :dedede:
13: Legan :zerosuitsamus: / :metaknight: / :link2: / :marth:
13: Bpow :wario: / :metaknight:
13: GIMR :gw: / :falco:
17: Thugs :metaknight: / :pikachu2:
17: y.b.M :kirby: / :zerosuitsamus:
17: Shadow Phoenix :metaknight:
17: Ralph Cecil :snake:
17: Kassandra Nova :metaknight:
17: Ripple :sheik: / :dk2:
17: Mister Eric :rob:
17: Fizzle :lucario: / :dedede:
25: Ori_Bro :marth:
25: Tutu :sheik:
25: TKBro :
25: TMacc :wario:
25: Roller :pikachu2:
25: MX :yoshi2:
25: Smile :metaknight:
25: Oreo :sonic: / :metaknight: / :luigi2:
33: TheKiest :dedede:
33: Sneaky Tako :rob:
33: WTP :sonic:
33: Excel :
33: Jinx :zerosuitsamus:
33: Forward Air Rage :yoshi2:
33: DtJ Composer :wario:
33: S2 :dk2:
33: King Beef :peach: / :marth:
33: Luminoth :wolf:
33: Chuee :lucas:
33: Sorasin :falco:
33: DTJ****Whitman :olimar:
33: Tech_Chase :dedede:
33: Blitz :

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
To be fair saffy, I don't think anyone here hates Logic for that. It's more that they disagree with the rule and were pulling for judo.

It's more regional pride than any real dislike towards him. It's like going off to the EC minus the **** talk.

:phone:

S2 is a DK and DtJ****Whitman is an Oli.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Tutu/Roller: Get outplaced by Judo, Kassandra, Eric, and SP. <3 ya both but DAMN.
D= You left out another Ky player that got the same place as Eric, & them.

\After sitting at home and watching this I realized I would rather be there so I don't think I'm going to go through with this whole retirement thing
Awww yeah!

I'm actually quite upset how things went down. TOs are not supposed to be bias and Day was clearly bias. She said multiple times, "guys I want Judo to win!" The reason rules like this are put into place is so the player doesn't have to take responsibility for the out come.

This is what should've happened.

1. Judo pauses.
  2. Day tells everyone to chill as she looks up the rule set
  3. The rule set clearly states that Logic wins.
  4. Day gives Logic the win
  5. Everyone gets mad at the rule set, not any player

It's completely messed up to put the responsibility of the out come on the player when the rule set clearly states what should happen. How can you ask a player to choose between honor and money? You should not put that decision on ANY player. The only reason to tell a player that they can give the win to their opponent if they want to is so that:

you can put the responsibility on him and take it off yourself. So instead of

"Day gave Logic the win!? Whyyyyy?" It's now,

"Logic took the win from Judo!? What a jerk"

This should NOT have happened. Logic should not have been asked to choose. Even if Logic wanted to give Judo the win Day should've given Logic the win.

tldr; follow the rules. Don't put any tournament decision on any player. Man up and take the hit yourself instead of having the player take the hit.

I'm not trying to hate on Day. I just hated how she handled the situation. She told multiple people she wanted Judo to win and she kept begging Logic to give Judo the win. she even misquoted the rule set multiple times(I don't think this was on purpose) to make it so Judo would win. IE, "Judo isn't supposed to lose his stock for pausing until the next match, thus he wins the set"
I think even though people worded it to sound against Logic, I think they were just venting frustration about the rule lol.

Also I think that the pause rule should be more like a gentleman's rule where both players agree on what should happen, & if they can't then the to should come in, & make the decision for them. Also shout outs later. =D

Saffy

Smash Ace
Yeah, sheik's DACUS is impossible to do w/ c-stick + Z, you have to either claw w/ A button or set a button to attack (usually L/R).
Thanks for the info!
Still I don't see how that could of led to him hitting start. and how a MASH would help him dacus. Though like I said I don't know anything about Sheik and Judo rightfully won based on the last hit of that match. What's done is done. All you can do is learn from mistakes, and change them for the better of our community. People should go complain some more to BBR-RC , about how much their rule set sucks. >.>

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
From the expert on pausing:

A) Pause should be off, that's on the TO.
THATS ALL THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SAID FROM THE BEGENNING THE WHOLE DISCUSSION AND EVERYTHING WOULD HAVE ENDED RIGHT THERE WHERE WERE YOU CHEESE NEEDED YOU SOONER!!!

I watched all your stream matches, this game needs more Pit. So much untapped potential.
LUCKAY FOR NEXT BEST PIT!!

I'm no sheik main at all but.
How can a dacus turn into hitting start? since I thought it involves a dash /cstick/ Z unless there is a different way of doing it?
he was prob really nervous and sweaty in the hands you try dacus with sweaty hands while playing sheik not easy since i main falco(best DACUS and BDACUS in the game IMO)
sheiks is the hardest to pull off IMO for him to pull it off on command kudos big time judo.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Well, you can't force players to have morals or values. To have sportsmanship. As long as they put in their $ and follow the rules nothing else matters.

What I mean is that you can't promote good sportsmanship through a set of rules. And you shouldn't try either.
That was more of a rhetorical question aimed at insight. :\

Top Bottom