• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

School is in Session 6: Road to Apex! Results Thread! BRACKETS UP! :D

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful

Here is the results so far for Singles. I am going to try and update slowly, but it should all be officially up tonight after classes and work! Thanks for the patience!
Results:
Singles out of 70 entrants:
1: Shugo
2: Nicole
3: Infern
4: Logic
5: Krystedez
5: Zak
7: Kain
7: Judo
9: Kel
9: Sparta Kick
9: MJG
9: AlphaZealot
13: HadesBlade
13: Legan
13: Bpow
13: GIMR
17: Thugs
17: y.b.M
17: Shadow Phoenix
17: Ralph Cecil
17: Kassandra Nova
17: Ripple
17: Mister Eric
17: Fizzle
25: Ori_Bro
25: Tutu
25: TKBro
25: TMacc
25: Roller
25: MX
25: Smile
25: Oreo
33: TheKiest
33: Sneaky Tako
33: WTP
33: Excel
33: Jinx
33: Foraward Air Rage
33: "bye"
33: DtJ Composer
33: S2
33: King Beef
33: Luminoth
33: Chuee
33: Sorasin
33: DTJ****Whitman
33: Tech_Chase
33: Blitz
49: Ttar
49: Grim
49: Gifts
49: Commander Gregoirous
49: Rikku
49: Juu
49: Radium
49: DRDN
49: Blind Man
49: Lokii
49: Paul S
49: HokageSamma
61: Auspher
61: Pirt
61: Bardok
61: Armor
61: Glyph
61: Denzie
61: Steep
61: Josh G
61: Truth
61: Tedium
Since pools were of 12, some of things were a little off but we did our best to try and even it out regardless.

Doubles out of 25 Teams:
1: Goldyue (Coney + Logic)
2: MJG + Kain (MJG + Kain)
3: Shugo + GIMR (needs to pauy) (Shugo + GIMR)
4: I did not hit her, I didn't, I naugghhtttttt: Oh hi mark (Legan + Nicole)
5: Infern + YbM (Infern + YbM)
5: Yoshi a ****** (Hades + TMACC)
7: Krystedez + Bpal (Krystedez + Bpal)
7: Lady Gaga Beyonce Experience (Tech + Sparta Kick)
9: Go Fonz! (Kel + Fonz)
9: OS is awesome and no one else on this team is awesome (Kassandra + OS)
9: Gifts + Mikey (Gifts + Mikey)
9: Can't Stop Won't Stop (KB + TKbro)
13: Freetucky (Shadow Phoenix + Cecil)
13: Day + Pops (Today + Pops)
13: Tako TP (Tako + WTP)
13: Bro, you got dat 5 (Excel + MX)
17: Bulbasaur (Forward Air + ('=)
17: Digi destines (Mister Eric + Ripple)
17: Chidoof (Chi + Lumi)
17: DtJ | uhhhh I don't know. video games (Composer + Glyph)
17: Why Is Everyone (s)tripping (Steep + DRDN)
17: Rauleen + Keist (needs to pay) (Rauleen + Keist
17: Death Clok (Barknock + Hokage-Sama)
17: Tyranachu Runs Freetucky :yeahboi: (Roller + Ori)
25: Cheers (Pirt + Grim)

MvC3 out of 14:
1: Derrick Legend
2: Tuco
3: Neon Geon
4: Steel
5: DRDN
5: Fonz
7: Pops
7: y.b.M
9: DtJ Composer
9: Earl
9: WTP
9: Sai
13: P
13: G. Scott

Brawl Minus Singles out of 15:
1: Zak
2: Ripple
3: Day (Pizzapoop)
4: Glyph
5: Sai
5: HadesBlade
7: Juu
7: Fizzle
9: Oreo
9: DRDN
9: DTJ****Whitman
9: Tope
13: Fromodoman
13: Pulse
13: TMacc

Brawl Minus Doubles out of 13 teams:
1: MdVa Finest (Coney + TKBro)
2: PK awesome (Sai + Day)
3: Milk Chocolate (Durrel + Bill)
4: Pretzels!! (Ripple + Tmacc)
5: Bowser **** (Juu + Top)
5: Garbador (Ttar + S2)
7: DtJ Das Beste (Jake + Glyph)
7: Tech +Kick (Tech_Chase + Sparta Kick)
9: U.S. Sexy (Hades + Souvenir)
9: Derp (DRDN + Paris)
9: Super Orio Bros. (Oreo + Ori)
9: Roller + Gifts (Roller + Gifts)
13: Clueless! (Krys + Derrik)

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Smash drama is dumb thumbs up if you agree

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Only some will know what this mean..
Shoutouts to Logic. (Smirk)

:phone:

Results
1: Shugo :falco:
2: Nicole :peach:
3: Infern :snake:
4: Logic :olimar: :metaknight:
5: Krystedez :pit: / :wario:
5: Zak :dedede:
7: Kain :wolf:
7: Judo :sheik:
9: Kel :metaknight:
9: Sparta Kick :snake:
9: MJG :toonlink:
9: AlphaZealot :diddy:
13: HadesBlade :yoshi2: / :dedede:
13: Legan :zerosuitsamus: / :metaknight: / :link2: / :marth:
13: Bpow :wario: / :metaknight:
13: GIMR :gw: / :falco:
17: Thugs :metaknight: / :pikachu2:
17: y.b.M :kirby: / :zerosuitsamus:
17: Shadow Phoenix :metaknight:
17: Ralph Cecil :snake:
17: Kassandra Nova :metaknight:
17: Ripple :sheik: / :dk2:
17: Mister Eric :rob:
17: Fizzle :lucario: / :dedede:
25: Ori_Bro :marth:
25: Tutu :sheik:
25: TKBro :
25: TMacc :wario:
25: Roller :pikachu2:
25: MX :yoshi2:
25: Smile :metaknight:
25: Oreo :sonic: / :metaknight: / :luigi2:
33: TheKiest :dedede:
33: Sneaky Tako :rob:
33: WTP :sonic:
33: Excel :
33: Jinx :zerosuitsamus:
33: Forward Air Rage :yoshi2:
33: DtJ Composer :wario:
33: S2 :sheik:
33: King Beef :peach: / :marth:
33: Luminoth :wolf:
33: Chuee :lucas:
33: Sorasin :falco:
33: DTJ****Whitman :
33: Tech_Chase :dedede:
33: Blitz :

Bracket:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I don't think it's right of you to say how much Logic was adamant about winning and just wanted to Cheese to make money, not to mention picking favorites publicly (as much as we would all love to see Sheik win). Even if it seemed that way at the venue, it's different bringing it publicly like this and could get more hate towards Logic.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
From the expert on pausing:

A) Pause should be off, that's on the TO.
B) Logic should have instantly gotten the win.
C) I feel terrible for Judo. However, as I'm sure he knows, that was his mistake. Shoutouts to Judo for beating Logic with Sheik, though.
D) Nobody should blame Logic for anything, he's right, and a lot of you may claim you would just take the loss, but you are the ones who don't play to win and don't feel like there's a lot on the line. Become a high-level player, especially one who traveled hours to a tournament, that because of the absence of players like Ally and M2K, has a legitimate chance of winning, have it happen, and see if you can just "take a loss" when offered a free win.
E) The pause rules suck for Smash, always have.
F) An "inevitable defeat rule" needs to exist.

I'll probably have more thoughts later.

Great job to all the top players.

Especially a shoutout to Nicole for, I believe, being the first female to win money, in open singles, at a regional smash event. I'm almost sure it's never been done in any Smash game, but nearly certain that it hasn't happened in Brawl.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
EDIT: Damn it, was ninja'd sorta by you Cheese, but do consider the vagueness of the rule. This was a problem on so many levels that people looking at it from a black-white perspective from BOTH sides simply don't get.

Chibo, forget the hate, we don't care about that. The fact is, there needs to be an amendation to the ruleset called "The Ill-Logical Rule" or "No-Logic Rule", where the player can not be disqualified (or take a loss of stock) for pausing a match when it has been made clear that the winner of the match was already decided. To avoid pressing the brinks of the rules that have NOT been made clear (read below)...

Pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (Such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks.

I kept arguing that the stipulation of the "loss of stock" for pausing is very vague. Technically, a loss of stock would mean walking off the stage and killing yourself, meaning game. So, instead, Daycia DQ'd him naturally because Shiek can not run off stage and kill herself in less than so-many-frames that it'd take for Logic to die from the upsmash he was already getting hit bye.

No flaming, no lying, no bull-!@$#. It's clear who won, and a sad injustice was done today, regardless of the intentions of TO and Players alike. I salute Judo for being so calm and professional about it, and we all love you for it. Logic is a very good player and I respect his decisions as a player wanting to make money and not letting his emotions get to him. But again, calling out Judo and Logic's situation is ONLY FAIR considering the fact that we do NOT want this to happen again EVER.

So... two things must be done:

Amend the unity ruleset to include a "logic" rule in memory of this situation
OR
Make it mandatory to turn pause off just like it is mandatory to turn team attack on.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Oh no I agree Krys and I believe Judo "won," but by the current ruleset he did not. And I already want to push for the inevitable defeat rule or no-logic rule lol to be used.

Oh btw I predicted you would get top 5, and you did. Great job!

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Early shoutouts:

:dk2:/:sheik: Ripple: Thank you dearly friend for making this experience possible, you made me very happy.
:sheik: Judo: Great work, I'm proud of you, I'm sorry, and I hope you keep being the awesome kind and respectful person you are even though you're put through so much.
:peach: Nicole: Holy jesus, I loved our matches but I was so salty. Thank you for opening my eyes, you're definitely getting better regardless of luck. I will prepare for our next encounter, and I hope you're able to make to Apex or I'm going to be mad salty at you for taking that one chance from me :< lolbomb lolsickturnip lolstichface lolbomb lolturnip
:yoshi2: Hades, you did pretty well but I know you can do better, thanks for housing us Friday night and I hope you find Luna Game 0 to your liking :3 "MINE!"
:falco: Shugo: You're soooooooo~ !@#$ing hard to punish even though I predict things, it's like you're just THAT much faster and that's why. I remember this from last time when we played friendlies. I'm glad I lost to the two players who got first and second. Good !@#$ my friend. Can't wait to play again!

More shoutouts when the list is posted fully.

]
]
]
@ Chibo, thanks, I am glad you had faith in me, I went all Pit except for like 8-10 games, and I even beat some good players with Pit. I did go wario against Kain, Pit once against Nicole, and Pit once against Shugo. Oh, and Sparta Kick I went Pit once. the rest was all Pit.

EDIT: Yo guys I editted my first post with the results, no bracket image. Don't want to do the bracket before Daycia in case she wanted to do it, but I was asked to do characters quickly so it'd make it easier.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Judo might be from Freetucky but...this man is legit as hell. I gained new respect for him after this tournament.

I'll do shoutouts later.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
I love you for those posts Krystadez. Judo, gets mad respect points. I'm almost 100% positive that logic would still be defending himself even if he was in judos position lol. That was really upsetting.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
@ Chibo, thanks, I am glad you had faith in me, I went all Pit except for like 8-10 games, and I even beat some good players with Pit. I did go wario against Kain, Pit once against Nicole, and Pit once against Shugo. Oh, and Sparta Kick I went Pit once. the rest was all Pit.
I watched all your stream matches, this game needs more Pit. So much untapped potential.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
And I love it!

--

Also shouts to AZ and Coney being an awesome commentary team. And Nicole for repping that bombs Peach

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13412637&posted=1#post13412637

I can't sleep now because I'm so miserably entertained by how people can justify the ruleset being well defined in the least right now far as the pausing issue is concerned. So much salty black-and-white call out BS about OH YOU PAUSED DONE DEAL ****, when it's right there in writing so plainly and absurdly vague.

Edit: wish I could review the stream :< anyone know how?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Inb4cleverpostendingwith:yeahboi:
[marquee]:bubblebobble: :master::yeahboi::master:[/marquee]
10gatlinisawesome

you can look at the videos before they're uploaded on youtube at http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp if you're so inclined

extreme salt from this tourney but i have to sleep

proper shoutouts later
i'll post the Judo vs. Logic set first once GIMR sends the replays (then I send it to Ashley to HD-ize it etc), and probably add something at the end detailing some additional info if people don't mind

What's The Point

Smash Master
Logic had all the rights to the game win because of the rules. The game wasn't over, Judo paused, Judo loses his current stock which is also his last stock, Logic wins the game. Not a single thing is vague about it. I actually find it more upsetting that Logic called for a rule to get enforced and the TO bs'd a rematch instead of enforcing the rule.

25: TKBro :kirby2:
33: WTP :metaknight:
33: S2 :dk2:

Addition/corrections

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Logic had all the rights to the game win because of the rules. The game wasn't over, Judo paused, Judo loses his current stock which is also his last stock, Logic wins the game. Not a single thing is vague about it. I actually find it more upsetting that Logic called for a rule to get enforced and the TO bs'd a rematch instead of enforcing the rule.
you're the kind of person no one would like right now. Judo set up an INESCAPABLE kill move. paused like a frame before it landed because it was so hype. why the **** would you say "nope, doesn't matter if it was inescapable. you paused, you lose"

What's The Point

Smash Master
you're the kind of person no one would like right now. Judo set up an INESCAPABLE kill move. paused like a frame before it landed because it was so hype. why the **** would you say "nope, doesn't matter if it was inescapable. you paused, you lose"
I'm cool with that. And cause it's a rule.

Also it wasn't inescapable, Logic merely got hit by it. Whistle or air dodge could have been used, which Judo could have responded to but that isn't the point. He paused after it landed as well.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Besides...stock loss is a vague and un-enforcable rule if the opponent is already dead... WTP I respect you but seriously anyone looking at this in such a black and white format from EITHER side (oh, it was inescapable, Judo wins OR oh, he paused, Judo loses!) is wrong.

The fact is, stock loss is what should have occured by conventional means, SD or KO by Logic himself, neither of which were possible during that time, so in other words, Judo should have won instead of having the entire game invalidated and having to play game 3 all over again.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'm cool with that. And cause it's a rule.

Also it wasn't inescapable, Logic merely got hit by it. Whistle or air dodge could have been used, which Judo could have responded to but that isn't the point. He paused after it landed as well.

you cannot whistle ( or any special move for that matter) or air dodge out of a windbox hit. hence, the inescapable part.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Besides...stock loss is a vague and un-enforcable rule if the opponent is already dead... WTP I respect you but seriously anyone looking at this in such a black and white format from EITHER side (oh, it was inescapable, Judo wins OR oh, he paused, Judo loses!) is wrong.
Up for a rule changing review later, sure. On the spot, pick black or white. Calling for a rematch was Day not wanting to make a decision.

The fact is, stock loss is what should have occured by conventional means, SD or KO by Logic himself, neither of which were possible during that time, so in other words, Judo should have won instead of having the entire game invalidated and having to play game 3 all over again.
Seems irrelevant to make a game called by rules to be played out. If the pauser is on their last stock, why bother unpausing and making them suicide? Plus it actually says "loses their current stock" not "Must suicide or get KO'd".

you cannot whistle ( or any special move for that matter) or air dodge out of a windbox hit. hence, the inescapable part.
I don't know about whistle but I heard Judo explain several times that air dodging was possible. Though it doesn't really matter since the hit landed, or at best Logic was already U-airing, before the pause.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
MWW Shouts:

2: Nicole-Wow, nice job You are really on a roll especially after BTEH2. I look forward to playing you at Jokers?????

13: Bpow-Doin work in teams again I heard, you're gonna kick my *** so hard at Jokers this weekend :0

17: Thugs-I didn't think you made it out of pools...but good **** man, way to represent NE. Luminoth said you gave him hell in pools, didn't even bother going Wolf against you.

...being the first female to win money, in open singles, at a regional smash event. I'm almost sure it's never been done in any Smash game, but nearly certain that it hasn't happened in Brawl.
But how did Nicole manage to cook dinner and still have time to get 2nd? Seriously, that comment made me lol but in a bad way, though I agree with what I didn't quote 100%.

I agree with this.

Both players have the right to see the victory screen screen. People who quit out of matches, especially after supposedly WINNING the match, are rude, even if you are trying to be hype, you are just showing up your opponent more than what your game play did. (I even made a series of combo videos based off of someone quitting out of matches because it bothers me so much, and yes, I'm well aware that the video is me showing him up...). The move hadn't landed yet, nothing is "inescapable" in this game. Is Judo a machine who doesn't mess up? People SD in this game, that could have happened before he died, especially if it was a STARKO. Some people have insane DI capabilities. Who knows, maybe Judo was about to trip, it's brawl, remember? I obviously wasn't there, but from the sounds of it, if I was Logic I'd have done the same thing and I would have gone crazy if I was told to replay the match. And apparently Logic won the rematch. Brawl don't lie.

The opponent wasn't dead otherwise the victory screen would have been up, it's that simple. Stock loss is NOT vague, if you have 1 stock left and you pause, you lose that stock=you lose the match. I do NOT follow your logic here, sorry
for the pun.

This smells of serious bias.

Top Bottom