• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I could ask them about that. The most convenient day I know about is tuesdays cause that's when they do their casuals, not sure what they do on sundays.

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
what kind of deck were you thinking of?

I could ask them about that. The most convenient day I know about is tuesdays cause that's when they do their casuals, not sure what they do on sundays.
reasons i suggest sundays is bc i work 8-5 m-f and dont always have time to go to cc during the week. and sats are either tourney or hang out w/ gf days. sundays are just more convenient for working people lol :p

Bɪɢ Bоѕѕ

Smash Apprentice
Joey told me they are gonna have a b/w on format tourney afterwards if they have enough people. Hopefully I can test out ma zekeels :D
They should have enough people. There's usually a good amount of people at the pre-releases. I wanna try out my BW-on Zekeels too. :D

I'm okay with that as long as Big Boss is there.
As long as y'all ain't some crazy lightweights like the rest of the SA Smash scene (except Slush <3 and KoN).

I might go. Ive had fun playing around... Building my for serious deck now

:phone:
This is how I imagined what you said:

Nike.

Smash Hero
Gawd this thread sucks.

And idk if I want to help run the brawl tourney this weekend. The staff is starting it at 6pm and we have to be done with everything by 11pm. There is no way the brawl tourney will finish in time, unless its capped at 32. Even then that's cutting it close.

But if its a 32 man tourney, it shouldn't take 3 ppl to run lol.

Also, Kyle showed the staff 2 rulesets (WHOBO and SKTAR). Idk if they chose one.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Gawd you suck.

I don't think they chose a ruleset yet... I mean, that's also another reason I didn't make the thread when Rei-gun asked Espy or I to do so.
Rules not set in stone.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
San Japan has never been the most professional setting for tournaments.

PS The most confounding thing about Brawl was the inability for the community to nail down a solid ruleset in 4 years :/

I've been planning a big something something with Subway Fight Night. Keep your calendars clear for October 27th and stay tuned.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Gawd this thread sucks.

And idk if I want to help run the brawl tourney this weekend. The staff is starting it at 6pm and we have to be done with everything by 11pm. There is no way the brawl tourney will finish in time, unless its capped at 32. Even then that's cutting it close.

But if its a 32 man tourney, it shouldn't take 3 ppl to run lol.

Also, Kyle showed the staff 2 rulesets (WHOBO and SKTAR). Idk if they chose one.
Drunk american dream, I heard of your escapades off brett <3

Also I would say **** both rulesets and go with the *** one, But USA is so MK dominant that it needs a different ruleset for it

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Yo, everyone should bring set ups to San Japan to make time for more than a 32 man bracket. I can help run it if needed. <3
Even if the entire gameroom was filled with set ups it wouldn't change the Con noobs from getting to their matches since they most likely would leave the room.

I mean... the last 2 I recall at least 10 or so being Disqualified for not being there when their matches were called, despite the TO's telling them to stay in the room.

Denti

Smash Master
Even if the entire gameroom was filled with set ups it wouldn't change the Con noobs from getting to their matches since they most likely would leave the room.

I mean... the last 2 I recall at least 10 or so being Disqualified for not being there when their matches were called, despite the TO's telling them to stay in the room.
I've run Brawl con tournaments before and you have to start DQing people because they pay and don't return.

I just had an idea to help get more people to enter. Xyro did this at Quake con. Basically seed all the competitive smashers and make it single elimination until like top 16 or 32 or whatever (until it starts becoming competitive smashers). Then make it a double elimination bracket. Basically single elimination until a certain amount then it becomes normal bracket. Kinda like pools tbh. I can help run things.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Oh yeah... I definitely remember Quakecon...
Rent a car for it, lose to MK. The Day I became MK-ban.

That might actually be kinda good for this, but we'll just see what happens once Brawl starts Saturday...

Denti

Smash Master
I would really help however possible. But I guess we'll wait and see. I'd be down to do it and I don't see anything wrong with it. Very quick and as long as we warn people we will DQ you if you are a no show things will go smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom