• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royta

Smash Journeyman
I'll make one in the afternoon since I'm working at the moment;p
What character do you want to start with? Would be handy to know that if i'm gonna make one;p

I suggest just starting of with hmmmm.. how about Zero suit or Metaknight xD?

EDIT: Sheik would work too, you guys decide!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
lawl sucks to be you. i'd say it's almot in favor of samus :\ i jsut fought a kirby and it was wayy to easy.

and i have no idea. it's not really long enough to DI out of I don't think :s
True, but here's the main question, did he have any idea how to approach Samus? I seem to be doing okay against Samus after having done a few more matches, but I still don't know the matchup well enough (And I just got ***** by that Zair/missiles the first few games.).

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
I'm pretty new to Samus, I just started her 4 days ago. I'm having trouble finding some reliant kill moves. Besides her fully charged Beam, and her D-Air what are her best kill moves (or are they her best kill moves)? It may just be the lack of usage I can't seem to find one, but if you could help me out I'd appreciate it.

Nocturnal~Dragon

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty new to Samus, I just started her 4 days ago. I'm having trouble finding some reliant kill moves. Besides her fully charged Beam, and her D-Air what are her best kill moves (or are they her best kill moves)? It may just be the lack of usage I can't seem to find one, but if you could help me out I'd appreciate it.
Dtilt, Fsmash, anti air Utilt, and bair, but it still is hard to kill with her lol

Royta

Smash Journeyman
Killing is actually her main weakness, with some decent kill moves she would have been a pretty solid character I think. Not overpowered but just.. good!
Setup for the spikes Hino ;D

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
True, but here's the main question, did he have any idea how to approach Samus? I seem to be doing okay against Samus after having done a few more matches, but I still don't know the matchup well enough (And I just got ***** by that Zair/missiles the first few games.).
samus is funny that way, you can do well against her and still lose :\
haha yeah missle spam gets you out of a tricky situation haha. so does z air.

uhm to give input on that I'd say that he was right with the
Utilt, Dtilt, Dsmash ( at high percentages, still a kick *** move) and B air. jsut try landing those though 8-)

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
No, because out of all the people in the world he wanted to be friends with, there are 99 that he'd prefer before you.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys have a xat chat? I'm trying to make a universal xat room that is tabbed to all individual character xats with each main owner becoming an owner in this room as well.

To do it the main owner has to tab xat.com/Wifi_Room
(Go to "Edit your Chat", type in Wifi_Room, click get, select it, OK)

So far the Link, Mario, Pit, and Pikachu xats are connected.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Hi guys. I'm newish to samus. I've been looking for youtube matches of the "best" Samus players, but all I can find in the stickies are combo vids and skill vids.

I see a lot of "rate my samus" type videos but I don't know which names are the good people. Can you recommend me some Samus players to learn from?

Thanks.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Hi guys. I'm newish to samus. I've been looking for youtube matches of the "best" Samus players, but all I can find in the stickies are combo vids and skill vids.

I see a lot of "rate my samus" type videos but I don't know which names are the good people. Can you recommend me some Samus players to learn from?

Thanks.
Xyro (Samus) vs. Khaoz (Sonic)
A Playlist of Dryn's Samus Thanks to Orichalcum
A Playlist of Tudor's Samus versus Arvin's Ness After one video is finished, it will go onto the next one. So the first video you are watching is the first of fourteen (1/14).

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Dryn replaced Rohins???
****, I've been gone from the Samus boards longer than I thought.
I'd say they are both pretty win, Tudor is still great, and the matches that Tudor and Xyro have yet to fight will be epic. Dryn is really good too, I'd love to see him and Serris Have a gooo :)
Like we could learn a lot from that, although I effing hate samus ditto's, it's pretty much zair the entire time :ohwell:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I'd say they are both pretty win, Tudor is still great, and the matches that Tudor and Xyro have yet to fight will be epic. Dryn is really good too, I'd love to see him and Serris Have a gooo :)
Like we could learn a lot from that, although I effing hate samus ditto's, it's pretty much zair the entire time :ohwell:
Serris and I have brawled probably about a month ago. I have had a lot of Samus dittos.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Where are all the Samus vids? I looked through all the stickies, but there were no vids cept for combo vids.

Also, how do you transform into Zamus.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Samus combos pretty well. Just wondering, do attacks like fair or upair actually provide frame ADVANTAGES upon use on unshielded opponents or are they something that can be avoided in terms of comboing.

Edit: One more question, is downb viable as an option greater than rolling (to dodge..say...a grab?)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Where are all the Samus vids? I looked through all the stickies, but there were no vids cept for combo vids.
There is an entire list in Xyro77's ULTIMATE SAMUS thread. Watch the videos on how you can use these Samus techniques to boost up your game. Also, if you want, check Tudor's and Xyro's YouTube account.

CHEAP PEACH said:
Also, how do you transform into Zamus.
Go here for details. Once I learned this, I was able to transform into Zero Suit Samus much, much easier. Go impress your friends once you got that down.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Xyro (Samus) vs. Khaoz (Sonic)
A Playlist of Dryn's Samus Thanks to Orichalcum
A Playlist of Tudor's Samus versus Arvin's Ness After one video is finished, it will go onto the next one. So the first video you are watching is the first of fourteen (1/14).
Thanks guys. She seems like a really simple character. The only thing I didn't know about was the charge-shot > grab. Awesome.

I know this isn't really place (but I can't find the right place) but would any of you wanna play some brawl? They don't have to be dittos, but that would be nice, at least for the first few rounds? I live in Calgary AB if anyone's interested. PM me if so.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
lol "montage" :p you are so team america rohins! :)

what do the japanese characters on your youtube mean btw?
Wintry. It was the closest to 小寒 which was short for my name back when I took Chinese in college.

Edit: That being a grammatically incorrect "Little Winter"

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Thanks guys. She seems like a really simple character. The only thing I didn't know about was the charge-shot > grab. Awesome.

I know this isn't really place (but I can't find the right place) but would any of you wanna play some brawl? They don't have to be dittos, but that would be nice, at least for the first few rounds? I live in Calgary AB if anyone's interested. PM me if so.
Hey lol, click my signature to find brawls, that is the best room for it. and it isn't all noobs, it's people who are pretty good too.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
So I picked up Samus a few weeks ago and was playing against my friends Bowser. Pretty early on I grabbed and tried to pummel but for some reason it does no damage.

Does her pummel just not work on some characters?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
So I picked up Samus a few weeks ago and was playing against my friends Bowser. Pretty early on I grabbed and tried to pummel but for some reason it does no damage.

Does her pummel just not work on some characters?
It will work at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom