• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZodiacT42

Smash Rookie
Alright thanks guys but I got another question. I've looked around and sort of got the idea that you shouldn't play against bots for training. I use Samus against one level 9 bot because my friends are horrible at the game. Is there a reason that I shouldn't play against bots or was I just misunderstanding something.
Thanks.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Alright thanks guys but I got another question. I've looked around and sort of got the idea that you shouldn't play against bots for training. I use Samus against one level 9 bot because my friends are horrible at the game. Is there a reason that I shouldn't play against bots or was I just misunderstanding something.
Thanks.
Level 9 CPUs cause you to remain in the same spot when it comes to improvement. In other words, you'll be stuck. CPUs pick up what you're doing, but they aren't humans. Humans have a brain, so they'll learn from their mistakes. CPUs won't learn from their mistakes. There was someone named Man of Popsicle who sent me replays of his Ness fighting against CPUs, and the things he did would not have worked on humans.

For example, Man of Popsicle, who mains Ness, would use his bat on the CPU. This was in more than one replay that was sent to me. This wouldn't work as often against humans than it did against CPUs. Next, he'd grab the edge of whatever stage he was on and would wait for the CPU to come up to him so he could tap A to hit the CPU while returning from the stage. This doesn't always work against humans. In fact, I'm sure any human would walk up, wait for Ness to return, and then shield or spot-dodge and punish Ness.

ZodiacT42

Smash Rookie
Thanks again but one last question, I promise :D. I just figured out about DI and heard that you have to use your fastest ariel to slow your launch. With Samus does using L to air dodge (default controls for game cube controller) count as an ariel, and if not what move should I be using.
Thanks again...

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Air-dodging alone does nothing. Air-dodging simply gets you out of the hitstun and allows you to do whatever.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Thanks again but one last question, I promise :D. I just figured out about DI and heard that you have to use your fastest ariel to slow your launch. With Samus does using L to air dodge (default controls for game cube controller) count as an ariel, and if not what move should I be using.
Thanks again...
Use uair. If you're dying off the top and you want to cancel the animation of a Star KO, air dodge and z-air. As long as you're z-airing, you'll die with a regular "blast" off the top and come down faster. I can only see use in this if your opponent wants to charge something, taunt, or is punishable lag (jiggly rest or something maybe)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
So have anyone had any success with the jab lock in a actuall match?
I've pulled it of like twice.. only:(

xXTACXx

Smash Journeyman
So have anyone had any success with the jab lock in a actuall match?
I've pulled it of like twice.. only:(
One in every 5 matchs about for me against a heavy. Dont make it look predictable thats all, haha earlier i did it to a snake when me and king chaos where in ateams match, he was fighting snakes partner off as he tried to save him Lol funny stuff.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
One in every 5 matchs about for me against a heavy. Dont make it look predictable thats all, haha earlier i did it to a snake when me and king chaos where in ateams match, he was fighting snakes partner off as he tried to save him Lol funny stuff.
Videos, or it didn't happen. Really, the set-up is near impossible, unless you got some kind of method that will work to the point that your opponent does not even attempt to recover. That, or you're not fighting a very good opponent.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Great Question here. Does anyone know if Samus's Zair will go through Mario's cape? not that it really screws Samus's recovery but it would make me feel better trying to survive with Mario above me.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
What are some of the first things I should work on in becoming good at Samus seeing as I just started playing as her.
First things your going to want to realize is she actually does blow unless you know how to use her and survive at 150 almsot every life unless your fighting snake...I HATE snake :(

Sino

Smash Journeyman
I saw something today, i played against a CPU samus and he did a Full Charged Shot and in the hitstun he did a Fsmash as well. I was like WTF. I think you guys already know this, imo it's nice :)

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Indeed it is, but thanks for sharing anyways :p
I'm never close enough to do that, I mianly use my charge shot as a decoy, so if you fight me my biggest weakness would be deflecting it back at me it hits me honestly 80% of the time.

and Thanks ORLy that's what I thought too but I just wanted to check :)

Rohan

Smash Apprentice
someone needs to make a samus match up guide because i want to be able to use her as a cp but i dont know who to use her against

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Most people choose their CP character by looking in the match-up thread of the character they have troubles against. Then they look at those character's bad match-ups. Match-ups are mainly a matter of opinion and playstyles anyways. Kinda like Tudor vs. G&W. I suck against G&W, Tudor doesn't.

Hive

Smash Lord
@pk-ow! to zair through the edge of battlefield as well as other levels that have indented ledges you have to drop and shorthop sort of up and below/into the ledge and zair.... the reason you can do this is:
imagine that there is a vertical line at the edge/corner of a ledge.... if you are outside of this line then your zair will home into the ledge, however when you are inside of this line your zair does not home into the ledge, to prevent it from homing in while you are on the stage.... so the zair will come out and go through the stage, etc.... does that make any sense? :(
so if you shorthop past the ledge and zair it won't home into the ledge, and bc of its length and bc of your rise it will go through the the floor of the level....
also, there is a vid I think of this in the ultimate samus database ^^

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Hive is correct, also... the G&W players here are at least 10x more skilled than that dude Tudor faces. Jersey>Vegas in terms of difficulty X_x.

xXTACXx

Smash Journeyman
Videos, or it didn't happen. Really, the set-up is near impossible, unless you got some kind of method that will work to the point that your opponent does not even attempt to recover. That, or you're not fighting a very good opponent.
near impossible are you kidding me, people i play with are no noobs thats for sure and I get it off a lot, some people its hard because they are very defensive so you make them rush you. Another way is the broiler from the edge to jab lock works pretty good to.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
@pk-ow! to zair through the edge of battlefield as well as other levels that have indented ledges you have to drop and shorthop sort of up and below/into the ledge and zair.... the reason you can do this is:
imagine that there is a vertical line at the edge/corner of a ledge.... if you are outside of this line then your zair will home into the ledge, however when you are inside of this line your zair does not home into the ledge, to prevent it from homing in while you are on the stage.... so the zair will come out and go through the stage, etc.... does that make any sense? :(
so if you shorthop past the ledge and zair it won't home into the ledge, and bc of its length and bc of your rise it will go through the the floor of the level....
also, there is a vid I think of this in the ultimate samus database ^^
So, it can only work because the stage bottom is curved , allowing me to be past the ledge, yet rise above 'stage level' during the jump?
EDIT: I wonder if it's even possible, forget about consistently, on Lylat Cruise...

Okay... thank you. I think I know what I was doing wrong.

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
Hive is correct, also... the G&W players here are at least 10x more skilled than that dude Tudor faces. Jersey>Vegas in terms of difficulty X_x.
I dunno about that... I don't know how good Jersey is because i've never been there but you seem to know a lot about the west coast? My good friends play G&W =(

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I dunno about that... I don't know how good Jersey is because i've never been there but you seem to know a lot about the west coast? My good friends play G&W =(
All the more reason for you to come to the east coast. Maybe if you show Atlantic North that Samus doesn't completely suck, she'll move up a place or two. :V

Kai_Blade17

Smash Rookie
I have been playing samus for a while now and my question is that when your up against small characters, how do you keep your distance? I can't z-air as much because they are really small and they approach pretty fast and get me. Any tips?

xXTACXx

Smash Journeyman
I have been playing samus for a while now and my question is that when your up against small characters, how do you keep your distance? I can't z-air as much because they are really small and they approach pretty fast and get me. Any tips?
get better at Zairing:lick: other than that im to tired to give better advice.

Royta

Smash Journeyman
learn to aim your Zair very low, also homing missles help and bombs.
It all works the same as against big characters except you need to get the timing down a bit better.

I couldn't for the god of me hit lucas or kirby with Ike's back-air but with some practice I could pull it off =) just takes time to learn!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Question: Where is your matchup thread?! I'm not used to playing a good Samus and no one seems to care enough to give her any attention in their matchup threads...

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Question: Where is your matchup thread?! I'm not used to playing a good Samus and no one seems to care enough to give her any attention in their matchup threads...
lawl sucks to be you. i'd say it's almot in favor of samus :\ i jsut fought a kirby and it was wayy to easy.

and i have no idea. it's not really long enough to DI out of I don't think :s

Royta

Smash Journeyman
Is there an interest in a Matchup-topic? We have/had one on the Ike boards and it was pretty succesfull and we learned alot about matchups.

If people like the idea i'll make one =)

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Is there an interest in a Matchup-topic? We have/had one on the Ike boards and it was pretty succesfull and we learned alot about matchups.

If people like the idea i'll make one =)
that would actually be rather cool, I'd like to know my disadvantages of being a samus mainer, other than being a samus mainer -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom