• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee2! RESULTS THREAD WILL BE UP SOON!

What Format do you guys prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

D1

Banned via Administration
My got towed outside of Benny's crib last -_-. Now I owe like 770 bucks to the Marshall or I won't get it back. *siiiiigh*

I don't even know if I can go to this after this ordeal.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
My got towed outside of Benny's crib last -_-. Now I owe like 770 bucks to the Marshall or I won't get it back. *siiiiigh*

I don't even know if I can go to this after this ordeal.
WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF wow...what. =/

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I didn't think anyone would like the idea. The asians vs non asians is funny. I'm 1/8th asian.....so what does that mean? I get 1 stock.

we could do human vs nonhuman main crews.

Banks

Smash Hero
yea, then that way even if someone is pissed about having a stacked pool it just means they'll **** in crews lmao

Alukard

Smash Hero
eggms idea is best so far ... keep em coming ... seriously thats madd cool =]

and if everyone agrees we can like put 2-5$ in a pot and make more interesting =]

LLDL

Smash Hero
I'd def put 2-5$ for my pool crewafter I first seed those %@##@a

D1

Banned via Administration
Yeah I had two tickets for 225 each that I was trying to pay off after ROM2...but the Marshall just grabbed my sh** and dipped while I was chillin @ Benny's crib w/ Enzo and Chopz. What an amazing way to end a fun Melee session.

225x2+300 (for the Marshall towing my sh**)+tax=FML

phish-it

Smash Champion
Alukard how many rounds of pools do you plan for this? Or a better question is what size will the final bracket be? I like Eggm's idea of pool crews, but with a tourney this huge there wont be enough time to even do that, unless it's like round 3 pools or something.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
yo m2k we teaming 4 this??

is this 1 day then second day crews and **** or u going to do the whole tourney 1 day like last time?

Eggm

Smash Hero
For example if there are 16 pools of 4. You can do a 16 man bracket where each man is a pool # crew. Pool # 4 vs pool # 11 round 1 for example and of course single elimination. Also if the pools are seeded correctly they should all be pretty evenly matched and will be exciting and it will come down to the bad players a lot. xD Which will be uber fun for them cause they will get cheered for which probably doesn't happen for newer players much. Very positive experience for everyone lol.

Its also better for newer players because if they do go 3 and out in pools and lost all 0-2 at least they have that to look forward to. :) Its very newb friendly lol.

Edit : I only said single elim cause it will probably take awhile but if we have mad time we might as well do it double elim lol.

You should be in pools with people from out of your normal region if its seeded good too, so you can hang out with other smashers and get to know them and stuff and bro up lol.

Roman.

Smash Champion
For example if there are 16 pools of 4. You can do a 16 man bracket where each man is a pool # crew. Pool # 4 vs pool # 11 round 1 for example and of course single elimination. Also if the pools are seeded correctly they should all be pretty evenly matched and will be exciting and it will come down to the bad players a lot. xD Which will be uber fun for them cause they will get cheered for which probably doesn't happen for newer players much. Very positive experience for everyone lol.

Its also better for newer players because if they do go 3 and out in pools and lost all 0-2 at least they have that to look forward to. :) Its very newb friendly lol.

Edit : I only said single elim cause it will probably take awhile but if we have mad time we might as well do it double elim lol.

You should be in pools with people from out of your normal region if its seeded good too, so you can hang out with other smashers and get to know them and stuff and bro up lol.
why does this sound so realistic...

LLDL

Smash Hero
yo m2k we teaming 4 this??

is this 1 day then second day crews and **** or u going to do the whole tourney 1 day like last time?
m2k said he wants 2 team with u, and alukard is having pools day 1, bracket day 2.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
So far I like Eggm's Idea the best. Unless everyone in my pool is the same level as me.....then we are boned.

Either way It would be fun.
This scenario wouldn't happen, pools are designed so they are roughly equal in difficulty.

Eggm

Smash Hero
It'd be cool to put 1 or 2 dollars per person in the pools crews tournament just so people play harder and you can maybe get some serious games vs players you really wanted to play and maybe didn't get to see in brackets/pools. Winner takes all. :)

Even if the turnout is super beast and we have like 32 pools of 6 we could just do it with a 32 man bracket heh.

Oh also sometimes pools have 1 more player than other pools this could be an issue. Or I guess every player in the pool with more players could just have 1 less stock each. Or if some one else has a better suggestion.

Erkekjetter

Smash Journeyman

This post is full of win. So far in both of the tournaments I've gone to I've gotten 2-0'd twice and that was it. It would be great to have a chance to play more serious/semi-serious matches rather than just friendlies. Friendlies are fun, but they can't compare to tourney matches. Just my 2-Cents.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Holy ****, I thought this tourney was in 2 weeks. I requested off work that weekend and I am working this saturday. How dumb am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom