• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate me and my friend!

*_-Fire-Ghost-_*

Smash Rookie
hello, n00b here lookin for some tips on my dr. :chuckle: i only really play with my friend thistle once and a while and were trying to train for our first tournie. nobody lives out here in nowhereth dakota so all we know is from watching vids so im wondering if we are doing okay. please rate us and maybe give some tips :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle: thanks!

here is the link

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8739365758458125010&hl=en

thanks!

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
hello, n00b here lookin for some tips on my dr. :chuckle: i only really play with my friend thistle once and a while and were trying to train for our first tournie. nobody lives out here in nowhereth dakota so all we know is from watching vids so im wondering if we are doing okay. please rate us and maybe give some tips :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle: thanks!

here is the link

thanks!
Not bad not bad. Critique time.

First off, it seems like you guys sit around doing pointless dashdances, shffls, and wavedashes a lot. Mindgamez are good, not 50% of the match though.

Second, for you, WAI NO CAPE? Doc's cape (sideB) is broken vs CF. Though your gimp game wasn't horrid anyways, it WAS CF's recovery. Play more offensive.

For your friend; IMO he played way better than you, and should have won. He probably lost because of his HORRIBLE edgehog attempts and mediocre edge guards.

That's about it. Get in and actually fight more, work on your stage game, and use cape. For CF, stay awayyyyyyyy from the edges if he's gonna get that easily gimped.

^_^

otg

Smash Master
More cape, try to DI better cause it seemed like Falcon was catching you in combo's he shouldn't have and try to work in some chaingrabs, it's great against spacies.

Nice Doc though, I like that Uair->Bair edgeguard.

Sans Glutin

Smash Ace
I was impressed by both of you for people who don't play very often...good stuff. The other guys pretty much covered everything I had to say after watching the video though.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Your friend grossly outplayed you in terms of combos, mobility and whatnot.

Or at least he did for the 45 seconds.

Then he sort of ramboed poorly and got ***** by gimps.

Tell your friend to not dash dance at the edge so stupidly. You approached him on his second-last stock and **** gimped him for it and it was ugh.

Also, if he's going to platform camp vs anyone with Falcon he has to react to them coming at him and jump to the middle platform before they get close or he'll get baired, possibly off the stage, then get baired again, then either die or continue to be baired until he finally does die. Which happened on his first stock, incidentally.

Can't say much for Doc, you won lol. Other than DI away (esp at low %s) because you kept dying to silly combos and stuff.

Grab him more. A few times instead of Up+B you could have U-tilted him and then gone for grab or D-smash or something. I think you do Up+b at times where there's better options but I'm not sure if you're just messing up an attempted Up+B cancel or something so whatever.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Hmmm, your friend Falcon is pretty good at first, but needs to control himself on some approaches. Also, be careful when you tech around him because he'll re-grab/attack you again if you're trying too hard to get back at him. Try to work more on pill spamming for approaching and defending. And being a tricky, moving Doc wouldn't hurt. Overall, you're getting there, but you'll need more practice in the end.

Also, not bad with the U-Air to B-Air edgeguard by the way. Kinda gave me another idea for approach at edge-guarding. :p

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Looks like you two have good control over your characters.

Good use of jab for linking in attacks. Looks like you spaced your fair on his shield that's really useful if you want for him/her to shield-grab then you initial dash in to grab/combo on him/her. Bair edgeguarding was very nice.

Even though you made it back to the stage every time (because of the CF's terrible lack of edgeguarding), I would've liked to see more PTP being used, primarily from above so you can land on the stage and not the ledge. Both of you could get some DI down, primarily the Falcon wtf @ like 84% dsmash almost killing ...

Good match. Definitely see huge potential.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I dont play dr mario but I play falcon so im gonna say a few things about that

first of all, really nice combos by falcon. And very nice movement, the dashdancing is very fluid.
Both of you have very nice/good movement. You know what you're doing. Nice up-b cancels btw lol.

I think you need to work a little bit on your get-out-of-combos di though, fire ghost.
Try DI'ing his nairs and uairs down and away. He can still follow up if he's fast enough but it gets a bit harder.
As for his grabs, DI his dthrow down and away for the most part (looks like you are-good) cuz it makes it a little harder for him to follow up
At very low percentage (0-20% or something) you can actually DI his dthrow up and towards falcon-this will bait an uair which doesn't combo at low percent, so you can jump away.

btw, if you're high up in the air and goes for nair->nair combos you can DI up and towards falcon, that way you might only get hit by the first hit of the nair so you can jump away. But this type of DI is very situational and you must be very careful about using it, b/c if you di up and he knees you you'll get double/triple knee'd. He can also just uair you.

Dr mario can basically get comboed to death by falcon regardless of how they DI btw, the di i suggested here is far from gauranteed, just a few things that can mess him up.

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
I'd have to agree with.. err... at least some of what I've been hearing. I was definitely a little skeptical at the beginning but you really seemed to pick up as time went on. I agree it seemed like your friend kind of outclassed you through the match, but like most good Docs you managed to get by with grit and gimpy edgeguards/opportunism. Whatever works, my friend.
I would have to agree with the cape critique, your use of bairs was pretty nasty and clearly worked, but some people are more clever with recovery and it's not always worth the risk. Definitely work on the caping. I would also recommend using the upair a little more? I didnt... see alot of it, at least in chain (or with l-canceled smash/jab/grab) which I find works pretty well against Falcon. Either way your technical skill looked pretty smootha nd you definitely moved very effectively.. perhaps work on (as others have said) being more purposeful and reserved in your movements so that tech skill doesnt go to waste.

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
just watch this you will get better almost instantaniously

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlrx8v4mBBw
Blatant self promotion is given the zubat of failure.
:041:

Having reviewed the vid again, I'd agree with some other comments that your DI really does need some work. Though your friend's does too, he seemed to capitalize better on it at the beginning; I caught myself flinching for the first 40 seconds there. You seemed to pick things up again a bit thereafter, with that nice bair gimp and later a very well placed jab grab.. like i said earlier I think you've got the tech skill down--that is, both of you--but now its time for some.. what's a good word... "refinement", I guess? Perhaps a bit more familiarity with the characters and the way they move--so you can avoid disasters like those first two stocks.

Pine

Smash Ace
cuz i got a gf :ooo its true it happened too...

idk not as much time ill prob go to a major NE tourny in the future to reminess though so possibly meet you there

Bullet Bill

Smash Master

here is the link

thanks!
You're Docs pretty decent. I'll just say a few things. Don't upB cancel (or try to upB cancel) unless it's used as a quick escape out of your sheild e.g. falcon knees into your sheild and you dont want to get jabbed. Second don't forget to cape falcons upB.

Thiste- great combo's keep it up. When you were fthrowing near the ledge you could have dthrow to something?

Top Bottom