• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rant about DBZ here!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I can't remember where i heard this but akira basically wanted this.
He wanted to end the show at frieza saga, but got asked to do more episodes and yeah what i said be4.

its not that he wanted it to end then, it did end then and then changed the ending abit to carry on the show because it was really popular and people wanted more.

IMO he should have left it thought it was awesome, goku became the legendary super sayain, who appeared once every thousand years, and destroyed the tyrant frieza who has the strongest in the universe.

yeah thats why frieza was always said to be strongest in the universe, because most of the earlier stuff wasnt changed when they decided to carry the series onward, and thats why there are alot of plot holes and such.

and its just gay how everybody and their 5 year old son can go super sayain, totally wrecks it.

Anyway. it took me a while to find all the info about this show, so if u guys wanna know it all, go look it up urself, it will take many months, but by the end u will believe what i believe also.
I trust the opinions of many hardcore fans on dbz forums, blogs/videos, rather than random guys on a smash bros website, it's just more logical to do so.

But just type in dbz power levels, ur bound to find many detailed sites with the answer on it. Hell even dragonball wikipedia says mystic gohan is stronger. Their opinions are worth more than random guys on smashboards, on the topic of dbz that is.

ok look, I tryed to help you but you dont ****ing listern so I'll say it once more.

FORUMS WHERE PEOPLE WHO ARE "HARDCORE DBZ FANS" DONT COUNT FOR **** IDIOT!
IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A PROPER ARGUEMENT, YOU NEED TO BACK UP YOUR STATEMENTS WITH PROOF FROM EITHER THE MANGA OR THE SHOW (use mangavolume.com or youtube)

SAYING, HE SAID SHE SAID DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING, GET IT THROUGHT YOUR THICK HEAD!
OPINIONS ARE JUST THAT, OPINIONS AND SHOULDNT HAVE A PROPER ARGUEMENT BASED AROUND THEM.

jesus christ, and none of this "its takes too long" crap because it really doesnt, espcially if you know where to look, and since your a "HARDCORE DBZ FAN" you should know where to look.

far out, you and your brother will be the end of me.

I even saw the Dragonball Movie twice now if that doesnt make me a true fan i dont know

Anyway back to Luke.
yeah i remember all that, so when they used the wish to bring everyone back that frieza and his henchmen had killed why wasnt krillin brought back to life? Since Frieza blew him up? I believed this was because someone could not be brought back to life twice but then that says Goku didnt die and was just hiding?

lol I DID see that movie twice, but hey cmon, when your on a 15 hour flight to America, what else is there to do? high five toby!

anyways now that you mention it, krillin didnt come back did he? hmm maybe I'm just remembering it wrong... or it could be that you really cant bring someone back twice with the earth balls, so when they wished back everyone frieza killed, krillin couldnt come back and they had to then later use the namek balls.

but then this creates later problems in the show however I seem to remember that when the guardianship was passed over to dende, he created balls that weren't affected by the "only come back to life once" rule.

hmm I dont know...

omg that figure is awesome! holy **** what a website

also imo tien was the strongest human, he was the only one that ever really stood up to goku, and then later in the show he was constantly training, but he took a backseat and was never involved in the fights, so krillin got all the limelight.

Ant1

Smash Ace
I also forgot to mention gohan never caught the kienzan disks when vrsing cell. So really we don't know if the kienzan's can cut through anything regardless of power level or not. All we know is, that they have cut through everything they've been thrown at.

These 'opinions' i got from other people, weren't based on nothing. There were detailed arguments discussing who was stronger, the manga, the show, everything was referenced in these arguments. You make it seem as if these people just said 'gohan is stronger cause i said so'.
Sadly the best pl video maker Venom9808, had like his channel deleted. He has started making his vids again but it'll be a while. He had a video called 'who is stronger evil buu or kid buu' too bad it's gone..

http://www.youtube.com/user/venom9808?blend=1&ob=4 lame
http://www.youtube.com/user/Venom9808PowerLevels#play/uploads/8/Q4cj0ILPGj8 here's his new channel

He says all power levels are based on japanese manga, trust me i've argued some of his claims but he seems so legit. Sent him a pm just now to verify his sources.
http://www.myfavoritegames.com/dragonball-z/Info/Daizenshuu/DaizenshuuBook2.htm in this volume the power levels of gohan during buu saga are said to be stated. The daizenshuu novels were supervised by akira btw.

Luke it does take too long, i've got more important things to do like play warcraft 3 mauls for the 1 millionth time and.... uh.. play beatles rockband... yeah that'll do.
Here comes the sun song is stuck in my head!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nah you dont have anything important to do, play starcraft instead.

it only takes too long because you are **** at researching, take other peoples word for things, and look in all the wrong places.
**** fansites, if you want to prove something to us, use actual footage from the show, or link us to pages in the manga (like I have been doing, have you noticed that no-one has been argueing against the points I made when I posted the manga evidence with them) dont give us this powerlevel video ****.

its about time you started listerning for once, read my post again if you have to, just use ACUTUAL SHOW FOOTAGE, OR MANGA PAGES.

**** its not even that hard.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Well imho i always believed buu had some sort of hidden power, like he was never trying. he only ever exhidibited this power twice.
1st against vegetto. Remember the episode where he starts going insane and starts warping everything around him and vegetto had to go full power ssj, just to get through his energy barrier?
2nd when holding back the spirit bomb, buu had to actually try then buy that theory isnt the same as the vegetto one because...
Goku had basically no energy left when he through the spirit bomb, he had nothing pushing it forward, thus kid buu easily pushed it back. It didn't really matter how much power he had in the ball.

So since Kid Buu had to power up and managed to push back one of if not the strongest attack in the DBZ series, that makes him the strongest right? The you take in to account that Goku said he could of beat boo as SSJ3 if trying. And the fact that when Goku was Full powered Buu and his super awesome power had no chance of pushing the Spirit bomb back (at his full power like you said) That would kinda make goku the strongest ever?

swordsaint

Smash Master
didn't they make a wish on namek/earth balls to increase gokus strength to beat kid buu?

or was that only to replenish it?

also, since im capped and cbf going through mangas/youtube, i cut down my search to google
---------------------------
Every indication we are given is that each level of super saiyan increases at the same percentage for each character. Since FPSSJ Gohan was stronger than FPSSJ Goku, Mystic Gohan is FPSSJ of whatever his highest level of SSJ would be, and Mystic is way more powerful than anyone in SSJ2 and must therefore be SSJ3-level, the logical conclusion is the Gohan was stronger.
======================
--------------------------------------
Mystic Gohan.

Why? Because he was stronger than super buu until he took control of goten and trunks. And Goku could barely take on kid buu, and super buu is more stronger than kid buu.

Also when Goku and Vegeta were fighting kid buu, when Vegeta said lets make a wish, Goku was excited about bringing Gohan cause he knew he could defeat him easily.

So Mystic Gohan was very much stronger than Kid Buu
==================================
-------------------------------------------------------------
Gohan began to showcase a power beyond his father's in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber when (for just a brief moment) he brought the Super Saiyan Transformation just inches away from the Acended form. He wasnt tempered enough to maintain even the faintest control of it then, but Kakarot knew that if it was to ever surface it would be against Cell. Sure enough, Gohan became more powerful than his father during the Cell Games. Due to Gohan's lack of training, however, Kakarot again established domainance. But, due to Rou Dai Kaioshin's Ritual, Gohan gained any power he would've gain from that seven years of training. At the same time, his human genes became dominant, making the Super Saiyan Transformation (and any form extending off of that) both impossible and inferior. This is why he never transformed during the fight with Buu. This new (fan dubbed) Mystic form allowed him to again surpass Kakarot. The problem is that Kakarot has both a lust for battle and combat experience that Gohan could never fully grasp. So while he was stronger than his father (and everyone other than Buu) he was never truly better than him. This is displayed when Kakarot tries to fuse with Gohan and has to go up against Buu while Gohan searched for the Potara Earring. While Gohan lost against Buu, he was able to both land and endure attacks, whereas Kakarot was forced to evade every shot and never even tried to do any real damage. Some people use the fact that Gohan is a Saiyan, if even just half Saiyan, and after Buu brutally thrashed him he was healed by Dende. I personally don't like to referrence this because it is obvious that due to the exponential power scale we are forced to use for the Buu Arc this power gain was actually insignificant. So, all things considered, Gohan was stronger than his father at the end of the series, but his inexperience is a disadvantage that puts him in an overall (close) second.
=============================================

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yes scoot they wished for goku to have all his energy returned so that he could push the spirit bomb into buu, now...

*facepalm*

I dont know how many more times I'm going to have to say this, but evidence from actual footage of the show, or pages from the manga, thats all.

what you've given us scoot, is your own opinions and conclusions, backed up with evidence that is simply more opinions and conclusions, that doesnt make it right or useful at all.

that last paragraph says things like when gohan went "mystic" his human gene's emerged and he lost his ability to transfrom to super sayain. now that is not only that guys "opinion", its also his "conclusion" of why gohan never transformed, and is also totally untrue or at least unproven as it never says or hints to this at all in the show or the manga (and if I am wrong and it does, show me footage/manga pages)

real evidence only please, not what other people "think"

can you guys not see the problem here? (this is retorical but answer it anyway)

I'll even say it twice, can you guys not see the problem here?

Ant1

Smash Ace
I guess me and scoot just assumed the rest of u guys watched the show. Knowing gohan is stronger is like knowing gohan was stronger vs cell. Do we really need to show proof of it?

Anyway enough of that topic.
I though of something kinda controversial.

Goku V Superman!!
Whilst on that dbz forum i always speak of, this became quite a big topic, one of the members was a massive fan of superman and thus knew a lot, he had all the comics etc.
Although i can't remember all the stuff he said, and sadly this forum no longer exists, i remember some things.

E.g. Pre-Crisis Superman (i have no idea what this means) would be an even match for ssj4 goku.
Cartoon superman would go owned by ssj goku.
And apparently superman is so strong now that even ssj4 gogeta would have a bit of trouble with him!
Superman is hardly effected by kryptonite now, and even if goku instant transmissioned him to a planet with a red sun, it would take years to start weaking superman...
So yes he convinced me that superman was stronger. Apparently superman's evil clone or sumthing can travel between dimensions, and he survived the big bang lol.

isthattim?

Smash Ace
Final crisis superman was surpassed only by the monitor itself (which houses the multiverse), Alex luthor conceded that the universe couldn't exist in a stable form without superman
Goku couldn't even beat some ******** wizards science project

this can't even be debated because superman was never written logically

Sieg

Smash Champion
Superman didn't get a heart virus and have to be cured by a *** from the future.

Ant1

Smash Ace
I can remember more info about superman lets see.

Superman also can apparently fly through planets to destroy them!
This superman fan i talked to also said goku would not be able to beat doomsday. Superman did lose to doomsday the first time they fought.

In case people don't know, Doomsday is basically an unstoppable beast, he is kind of immortal. He CANNOT die the same way twice.
So if goku kills him with like an energy attack, another energy atk would do nothing to him.

But i'm really sketchy on the whole doomsday thing, i don't even know how superman killed him in the first place.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The whole thing about the spirit bomb was not 'power', it was the fact they needed a STUPID amount of power to actually kill the thing, and every last bit of its existance otherwise it would reform.

Killing was the clutch part, sure there were probably several characters who were more powerful than Buu's forms; SSJ3 Goku seemed above fat buu - Gohan was above super buu pre-gotenks. However, being able to handle and fight buu was A LOT different to actually killing it.
Vegeta under the whole ssj2 majin clause used all of his life energy and it wasn't enough to eradicate all the pieces of buu.

I dont remember Goku saying he could have killed buu in ssj3; I kind of doubt it though. SSJ3 was draining, and couldnt be sustained forever, sure goku could beat the crap out of him, but never being able to leave a permanent dent made buu the ultimate tank (Blissey), and earth's special forces just Alakazams (*sad face*).

I was also under the impression Gohan was the strongest. I dont know about the whole 'human gene' thing, that sounds like bull ****. Gohan did better (I believe?) against Buu than SSJ3 Gotenks did; and well... that's a hard thing to put down.

-

Same thing applies to superman.

There's like infinite amount of superman forms, no consistant canon. Sure any of the DBZ fighters may have been able to fight superman, and beat him, but killing him would have been another question.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Didn't u watch the episode where gohan teaches videl how to use energy.
It's that easy.

I'll try explain energy.
To me it's like all the energy u have in ur body. Like say the energy it would take to run a kilometre, an energy beam is that energy turned into a physical force.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Since I can't find my emoticons or be bothered uploading a funny picture, I'm just going to facepalm.

Energy beams will never make sense in real life, just like turning back time will.

BECAUSE IT'S IN A CARTOON.

But because I love Shaya, here's a picture.

*****ES DON'T KNOW ABOUT MY ****ING DRILLS.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Don't start me on anime son.

I've been watching the **** since you were in your mothers womb.

Ant1

Smash Ace
just curious but how old r u sieg? I don't mean that in an offensive way, just to see if ur comment can make sense.

I'm guessing u watch a lot of anime. There was this discussion on this dbz froum about goku v all other anime characters. I remember someone saying there is an anime character who can warp space and time/reality and bend it to his will. Do u know of who i'm talking about?

Sieg

Smash Champion
There are lots of characters like that lol.

If we're talking about an anime character that can beat Goku though lol.

Hmmmmm.

Kenshiro.

HOTOKU HYAKURETSU KEN!

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Guys there's this clumsy schoolgirl who has a crush on her classmate.

There's also this guy, 1000x stronger than everyone else, defender of justice, moral compass.

Can you name them?!1

>.>

Ant1

Smash Ace
DBZ Raging Blast (the new tenkaichi series game) Is coming soon for 360/PS3.
There is one specific thing that might suprise u guys in this game.

.... SSJ3 Broly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYlR...all.saiyanisland.com/&feature=player_embedded He's shown right near the end of the vid

Both this and attack of the saiyans for ds look really good. SSJ3 Broly > mystic gohan :D

Check out this site http://dragonball.saiyanisland.com/
The dbz forum i always talk about turned into this site, it's quite good.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
goku is even protected so kira cant kill him.. stupid kakarot =P

yous dont know about my animez
watched abit of ippo.

anyway offtopic this should be about dbz

why so many dbz games.. but all the same.. almost -,-

btw those power level videos are random. ever since u saw the scouter u be judgin'. just go off who is stronger than who :X

Top Bottom