• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rant about DBZ here!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I dont ever remember saying i agreed with it. Only that the common response is gohan
fair call, although I'd like to point out that you didnt use quotation marks, nor did you cite or refernce your material, therefore it is correct to assume its your own words and opinions, even if you did say, I googled, because that would then imply that you looked stuff up on google and then gave your own words and opinions with fancy little paragraph breaks.

I dont remember Goku saying he could have killed buu in ssj3; I kind of doubt it though
to be more specific he never said he could "kill" buu, but he did say he could "beat" him (both fat and kid buu) but you know what goku's like with killing

in fact I think buu was the first enemy goku actually killed (aside from dragonball, king piccolo etc)

Didn't u watch the episode where gohan teaches videl how to use energy.
It's that easy.

I'll try explain energy.
To me it's like all the energy u have in ur body. Like say the energy it would take to run a kilometre, an energy beam is that energy turned into a physical force.
just stop

There are lots of characters like that lol.

If we're talking about an anime character that can beat Goku though lol.

Hmmmmm.

Kenshiro.

HOTOKU HYAKURETSU KEN!
fist of the north star! I have to read/watch that sometime, any good?

Both this and attack of the saiyans for ds look really good. SSJ3 Broly > mystic gohan :
there hasnt been a good dbz game since the snes, decent maybe, but not good

Sonic X > DBZ
shows that suck > DJB

wow I really just constatnly quote **** this thread

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
to be more specific he never said he could "kill" buu, but he did say he could "beat" him (both fat and kid buu) but you know what goku's like with killing

in fact I think buu was the first enemy goku actually killed (aside from dragonball, king piccolo etc)
The funny thing with that is he still couldnt handle it and wanted him reincarnated haha. :)

*subscribes*

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yeah, it's pretty good.

I haven't watched much of the old Ken'oh though. Need to get old version instead of new.

ATATATATATATTATATATA.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Nobody can tell anyone else that a band sucks when it comes to music preference.

When it comes to actual ability, songwriting, performing, etc. It's quite easy to objectively say a band sucks or does not.

Dragonforce sucks.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Don't u think i know that lol? Too late to edit though.
I really don't like to use the whole it's his opinion so u have to respect that ****.

Because one can basically say anything no matter how stupid, but if u write at the end 'it's my opinion u have to respect it'. Then it's apparently ok.
Like for example on this dbz forum i was on, this guy loved EVERYTHING about the dragonball movie leading up to it. When it came out he starts saying it's a 10/10 movie. He says it's his opinion and i have to respect it. He can have his opinion it's just that it's stupid. Because there's no way u can call db movie a 10/10 movie, becoz lotr rotk is a 10/10 and db evolution is no way even close to lotr rotk.

Go watch dragonforce's latest vids on dragonforceoffical youtube channel. They are good live now, u may have just watched their earlier vids when they did suck back in like 2006.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Dragonforce used to be good.

Then they sold out ala Guitar Hero.

And everyone was like OOOOOO FIRE AND THE FLAMES ORGASM.

And I was like.

**** they have like two albums your Guitar Hero whores.

Sigh.

Browny

Smash Hater
dragonforce fanboys...
only slightly less dangerous than DBZ fanboys on the internet

dont get me started on rock band fanboys :O

However, the DB movie was horribad. You cant respect anyones opinion who says it was good. they truly mad

Ant1

Smash Ace
DBZ fanboys are on a whole different level, u have no idea. There were even stories in american newspapers on the internet about how the fanboys hated the db movie so much.

http://db-lam-protest.forumotion.com/
back when the movie came out these ppl were insane, and they still are

What do u guys think the best quote in dbz is? (Over 9000 and balls are inert excluded)
Mine has to be from cell when he says to gohan.
"That was almost too easy.... then again.. it always is" It has so many applications in real life. Say if u beat someone at brawl, u could say that to em lol.

Also i found an achievement for Guitar Hero 5 is called 'Over 9000!" And it says u have to go super?

Sieg

Smash Champion
You've obviously never met a Twilight fanboy.

My favourite part of DBZ is when Vegeta realises Goku is the true greatest Saiyan.

Manly tears were had.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Haven't u played legacy of goku 2, buu's fury, budokai tenkaichi 2 or 3? They are all good dbz games.
ahh well tenkaichi 2 was a good game, I kinda forgot about that one, tenkaichi 3 is alright but I feel its a step backward from 2.

havnt played legacy but I did buy buu's fury today for real cheap simply because I thought it was cool how they use bruce falconers music in it. so far though its looking like a **** game that gives off the illusion of good because its dbz and the music is good, but I know its really not that good, decent at best.

Dragonforce sucks.
they can play insane guitar, and you cannot

but on a more serious not, mmm I can kinda agree with you despite liking the band, alot of their earlier stuff is bad and alot of it (especially the solos) is recycling and reused) and some of the songs the singer makes my ears bleed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai6pZ8nAf40) try listerning to that whole song, particuly the chorous, its ****ing ****.

however they do have some diamonds in the rough, and their latest album was actually quite good and much better quality

DBZ fanboys are on a whole different level, u have no idea. There were even stories in american newspapers on the internet about how the fanboys hated the db movie so much.
movie reviews in papers are common, we have them here too

I think the db movie was a 10 out of 10 if we're talking about comedic value, I really did laugh alot at that movie and how fail it was.

T.REX

Smash Apprentice
the scene in which goku beats up the jocks in the DB movie was kickass.

best quote: "Now you will know the HORRORRRRR, FRIIIEEEEEZAA *blasts off*"

Ant1

Smash Ace
lol so cheesy, another ultra cheesy quote by goku is like
'i am the answer of all living things that cry out for help in the universe, i am the light in the darkness, i am hope. Ally to good, nightmare to YOU!'

i think i got that all right.

For all those who are bored http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8msIE2JSPNU
It's all the voice actors in dbz in training for a budokai game.
The voice actor for Babidi is AMAZING. It totally redeems that character when u see the guy do it. He at 8:00
Also Captain Ginyu @10:40

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Luke, Goku killed that light eating monster of Babidi's as well. Other then that he didnt kill any one.

And my fav Quote from Dragonball z
Pretty much everything Vegeta says vsing Android 19

"Does a machine like yourself every experience fear"
"Just as i thought your NOTHING!"
"Now, if only there was a junk yard nearby so we could give him a proper burial, heh heh."
"Silly robot, do you really believe you have any chance against a Super Saiyan like me? Your brain must be malfunctioning. Fresh out of the factory with no warranty and already broken. what a pity."
"i think you have an oil leak,what a bad deal"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d30YuEz369U
There is the full battle no interruptions. Its so godly

I have a question for you guys. What is the best fight in DBZ? Also what Goku vs Vegeta fight was better. First fight or the Majin vs SSJ?

Ant1

Smash Ace
Lol same i love the whole ssj vegeta dialogue vs 19.
Best fight, well alot of people say Piccolo V Android 17 is right up there. But to me it's goku vs cell.
The first goku v vegeta fight is only better than the second if it's the ocean dub. Vegeta screaming GALIC GUN FIRE!! Is too awesome.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
My fav fights are in order
Goku v Vegeta 1st one.
Piccolo v Android 17
Vegeta v Android 19
Goku v Kid Buu
Trunks vs Metal Frieza (**** the funi music ***** in this)

Fights i hate.
Garlic Jr everything
Cell vs Android 16
Trunks v Cell (all of them)
Tien vs Cell

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
goku v vegeta first fight was the best, watch it again, you can feel how painful those hits are.

also vegeta v android 19 was awesome

goku v cell (the puppet re-enactment at the tourney at the start of the buu saga)
vegetto v super buu was rad
piccolo v like everyone, piccolo is ****
tien v goku in dragonball, tien needed heaps more airtime in dbz :(

and I like the famous saying that piccolo pulls out "the weakest dogs bark the loudest" so ****
also pretty much everything nappa says in the abridged version.

hercule (in said puppet re-enactment) "your useless tricks are stupid... and useless"

Browny

Smash Hater
tien vs cell was a fight?

i thought it was more along the lines of
TRI BEAM
TRI BEAM
TRI BEAM

etc

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
purple comet flash attack!

cmon as if that isnt the coolest name ever, if we ever team in smash arrow that should be our team name

Ant1

Smash Ace
Funny i watched that episode about 2 days ago on cartoon network.

In Dragonball tien's tri beam was called the spirit cannon. The episode was even called that. I don't know why they changed it to tri beam. Or why it creates a square when his hand is in the shape of a triangle.

Luke come up with something to stump me on! And don't make it anything to do with cell game saga, coz i know too much about that.
The saga's i know the least about would be, saiyan saga (those episodes were piccolo is training gohan are too boring to watch), garlic jnr saga (coz it sucks) and the namek saga.

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
All of the fights were amazing if Piccolo had anything to do with it.
Even tho its Dragonball my favorite fight was Goku vs Piccolo. Final Fight.

Goku had a chance to be a god.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah that was ****, espcially the whole "I'd be alot more scared if you could grow even bigger" trick to get kami back, goku is 2G

Luke come up with something to stump me on!
alright then punk, lets see if you can answer all these without cheating, I'll be very impressed if you do.

1. ok this one is dragonball so you might not know it, no cheating now, why did goku marry chi chi?

2. when gohan was training by himself in the wilderness (right after raditz was killed) who did he spend the most time with?
3. what did he meet that taught him to to more couragous and never give up?
4. during this time, what two methods of training did piccolo use?
5. also during this time goku fell off snake way, how did he get up to the start of it, and
how did he get the energy to cross it much faster the second time (when he was going to meet king kai, not the second time as in coming back from king kai's)
6. when goku was on king kais he had a run in with princess snake, how did he win against her?
7. how long did it take him to get to king kais?
8. what joke did goku tell to get king kai to train him?
9. which attack on nappa caused his armour to be destroyed? (note that this is different in the anime and the manga, I want the anime answer)
10. while waiting for goku to arrive during the 3 hour truce vegeta called, what did nappa do?

11. how long did it take for bulma gohan and krillin to reach namek in the namekian space ship?
12. what major even happened to them partway there?
13. who did vegeta kill on namek? (mutilple answers here, I want them all)
14. why is nail such a badass?
15. what was nail doing when gohan first met him? ----
16. do you think nail used alot of pickup lines involving puns of his name?
17. what did piccolo eat on king kais planet?
18. what technique did he learn there that he later used against frieza?
19. when did goku first use the kaioken x 20 kamehameha?
20. why didnt garlic jr's black water mist (or the bite from the affected people) work on krillin?
21. in all of dragonball z, when did goku FIRST turn super sayain (yes this is kind of a trick question)
22. what one thing can humans do and tolerate that nameks cant stand (it literally paralyzises them with pain?
23. how did piccolo overcome this?
24. why in dragonball z games, does vegeta commonly use the insult, "you aunt sallies"?
25. do you think great sayaman should have been part of the ginyu force?
26. when staying on earth, what earth game did the new namek eldar (after guru died) learn and enjoy?
27. what was vegeta wearing when he met goku for the first time after beating frieza?
28. who was krillins first real love intrest in dragonball z?
29. what did he do to try to win her heart over?
30. in "dragonball z budokai" for ps2 and GC, what was goku's alternate costume?

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
aww luke i want to answer them i know them all except
5 part 2 (i dont know the name but i know how)
11. Just forgotten
20. coz i dont watch that saga at all
22. I probably know it just forgot all about it
23.^^
30. DBZ games suck except for Super DBZ

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
PM me your answers then booker ;)
also super dbz was alright but I got bored of it cause I had no one to play against.
try out the old dbz games on snes, like hyper dimensions.

Sieg

Smash Champion
27. Sexy pink shirt and slacks combo.

I wanted to eat him right there.

Rawr.

LOL.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
you forgot the part where the shirt says "badman" ;)

lols I found this on the interwebs

guy 1: BTW if you really think I would cry over your preschool comments your dumber than I thought

guy 2: OMG u r the gayest piece of **** in the whole world, u prolly don't have any friends and just sit here and wait fur me to write back to u, well seeing as how u've changed the subject from gohan to u crying then i guess i've made my point and that nomatter how hard u try u will never get me to stop telling people the truth about how gohan is better then goku will ever be, so i think i'm done arguing as there is no point in arguing over cold hard fact that gohan is better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

guy 1: Ok well at first this was all fun and games to me but now that I've seen your age I feel bad for being a cyberbully so i'll just end this peacefully. Congrats you've won and no this isnt a trick like the last 2 comments and good luck to you I hope I didn't cause any emotional scarring and too be honest I don't hate gohan I was only trying to get your goat and no need for replies we can just go our separate ways but id understand if you couldn't let this go so sry for the rough time i gave you.

guy 2: and i'm not whinning i'm telling u the cold hard facts!

guy 2: lol, u think ur smart, its funny how much u think goku is better than gohan and how wrong u r, and did u ever notice ur arguing with me on a GOHAN VID, as goku always did and always will suck ***!!!!!!!!!!! Just like how goku's theme songs can't even come close 2 this 1 and there was no epic battle more epic then the 1 wit gohan and cell!!!!!!!!!!!! (although the 1 wit goku and frieza comes 2 a close second).

guy 1: **** you, you made me cry, you know I GOT FEELINGS TOO, you dont have to talk so mean to me and give me thumbs down, your a ****ing *******, I hope you died.

lololololol everybodys fighting over this stupid ****.

Ant1

Smash Ace
God**** so many.

1. Goku promised chi chi he would marry her when he was a kid? He also though marriage meant food. So that's why he agreed
2. Icarus
3. I never even watched all those episodes lawl.
4. I know he made gohan climb up a cliff face, and that he made gohan evade all of his attacks or else.
5. He raced Goz and Mez to some fruit tree, he won and they showed him how to get back up. Hmm did he get the energy from eating all that food and taking a bath at princess snake's house?
6. He just flew out of the snake's body and made it get tangled up by flying around it at all different angles.
8. blast this boring saga lol
9. Just gonna take a guess. Was it Chiaotzu's suicide attack?
10. Destroyed the military waiting outside and the camera crews, also got tirless and started fighting the z fighters.
11. 3 months?
12. They got captured by resistance fighters against frieza, who believed they worked for frieza.
13. Burter, Jeice, Recoome, Dodoria, Zarbon, random namekian's, Guldo and Cui.
14. He's the namekians greatest fighter.
15. Lol i dunno just protecting guru.
16. No
17. Uh nothing?
18. Piccolo learned a technique there? Fusion?
19. In episode titled 'Embodiment of Fire' It was against Final form frieza. (lol i watch that scene a lot)
20. Same with booker, best we forget this saga existed.
21. Against Frieza. No i'm not going to count his false super saiyan form against lord slug as that's from a movie and we all know movie's aren't canon.
22. Whistling
23. No movie questions plox
25. Nah he's a good guy
26. Golf
27. Teh pink shirt with badman written on it
28. Marron (can't remember how to spell that)
29. Got her some rare jewel from the ocean or sumthing.
30. I didn't have this game.

Luke u didn't happen to find that arguement on youtube did u? That just seems like a youtube type argument to me. Yeah i know more about the other half of dbz.

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
I have.
It follows the manga more and thats what I like about it.

1. He didnt know what he was saying when he said they would marry each other someday. and just kept to his word.
2. Piccolo or that T-Rex haha
3. Mr. Robot (non canon)
4. 6 months to survive in the wild. And 6 months of sparing with piccolo.
5. He beat Goz and Mez in a race. He ate King Yemma fruit from his tree.(non canon)
6. He tricks the giant snake.
7. Howlong would it take you to reach the goal of a million kilometer hike. Vague but alittle over half a year. The manga doesnt clarify. Im sure the anime made something up tho.
8. It went something like " I dont know what comedians read......comic books?"
9. Chazou only got dust on his armor. Tein attack took off both his shoulder pads. Thats the manga answercause thats the only on that matters. haha
10.He attacked an army while waiting on Goku. (non canon)
11. 27 days to be exact.
12. The got invovled with an alien space battle and were tricked by two aliens posed as namekians and were fooled and almost killed.
13. The whole Ginyu force exculding Ginyu. A whole namekian village. Zarbon, Dodoria, and Kiwi.
14. He took on frieza with a power level of 15,000
15. Guarding Guru. Gohan was getting is hidden powers tapped into.
16. Silly question haha
17. I dont know.
18. Didnt happen in manga.
19. In space ontop of his space ship.(non canon)
20. I just remember Piccolo telling him to fake it.
21. If your talking about the show then it was against frieza once krillen was killed.
22. whistling
23. Rip his ears off.
24. silly question again haha.
25. Sure he can dance I guess.
26. Golf.
27. Pink shirt.
28. Marron.
29. He found some sort of treasure.
30. The airforce jacket and jeans

Most of these are non canon, but I liked all these questions. Haha.

Top Bottom