• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rant about DBZ here!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
God**** so many.
Luke u didn't happen to find that arguement on youtube did u? That just seems like a youtube type argument to me. Yeah i know more about the other half of dbz.

I'll put up the answers later, no I didnt find any of it anywhere, it all came from my head, your exisitance seems like a youtube arguement to me.

you can post your answers now too if you want booker.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Luke post the answers in a p.m. to me.

Galactic donuts is what they were called in the dbz games. In the show it's called the 'Cosmic Halo'.
Actually now that i think of it the lamest atk is the Recoome Boom.
Or when dodoira says to Vegeta 'Eat Lazer!!'

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I think he was talking about the two guys arguing being from Youtube.
oh right, wow I cant believe that one slipped past me, yes ant that was a youtube argument lol.

anyways I'll put up the answers here and mark you guys once billy has posted since he said he wanted to, I havnt looked at in in detail but I think this malco guy ***** your scored ant (thats what you get for telling me which sagas you didnt know)

from what he says I also would assume he would agree that mangas are better then their respective animes, (which is wierd because you think the anime would be better but they always **** it up somehow) so he's alright in my books.

the best attack is the purple comet flash attack!

Ant1

Smash Ace
lol well i wanted a challenge luke. Asking me questions from the cell to end of buu saga is too easy.

Even though i don't know them, i really can't be bothered watching piccolo train gohan episodes. I actually thought of buying the saiyan saga remastered coz it has the most episode out of all the dvd sets. But u get like 10+ episodes of boring crap.

Everyone knows the best atk is final flash

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
WTF ANT1 you have not watched all of the gohan training episodes?

OK anything you ever say about DBZ is null and void. i HATE the garlic Jr saga but i have seen it all. more then 4 times as well. And Gohan training is ****ing awesome! the whole saga is sweet.
Luke ill answer maybe tomorrow or monday.

And the best attack in DBZ thats ****ing easy i dunno if any of you guys will remember it but it goes like this.
KA MA HA MA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
best attack is body change thingo XD
second is tribeam XD
third is solar flare!!! =D
4th is that one piccolo used to fight himself =D =D =D

btw is dbz kai worth worthing.. like i know following the manga.. but is animemation and stuff better..??

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol whats this dbz kai?

also I agree with booker gohan training is mad.

imo the show peaks with goku fighting frieza and gets worse from there, they should have stuck with the original ending and finished it there.

Ant1

Smash Ace
WTF ANT1 you have not watched all of the gohan training episodes?

OK anything you ever say about DBZ is null and void. i HATE the garlic Jr saga but i have seen it all. more then 4 times as well. And Gohan training is ****ing awesome! the whole saga is sweet.
Luke ill answer maybe tomorrow or monday.

And the best attack in DBZ thats ****ing easy i dunno if any of you guys will remember it but it goes like this.
KA MA HA MA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I'd rather do homework than watch piccolo training gohan. And the remastered dvd sets they give u even more episode of that boring crap, coz the enlgish dub cut out some of them.
Like one episode is called 'Gohan makes a friend" .... gay
I'm alowed to have my opinion on those episodes.

Hell on a dbz quiz one question was 'what episodes do i hate the most'
There was the goku driving lesson, piccolo gohan training or gohan training videl. And the answer was piccolo training gohan.

U guys r mad if u think anything is cooler than final flash. It is the epitome of awesome. I could watch the scene 100 times over. Which i already have, but i could do it again!

I have seen the piccolo training gohan episodes, in about year 11 - year 12, dbz was on cartoon network, i watched it from start to finish, it took over a year lol. + i dl'ed practically every dbz episode and watched them all, sadly i lost about 70% of the episodes i had due to comp being reformatted. The thing is i can barely remember them, but i have watched them, i don't know why i said i haven't watched them all. I saw them once. I care more about the latter half of dbz. The better half imo.

U may have watched those boring *** episodes 4 times, but i tracked dragonball evolution daily for over a year, now that's devotion lol. And i supported it all the way.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol that was like 5 mins of vegeta charging and yelling, and you say piccolo training gohan is boring

Sieg

Smash Champion
Cell saga is pretty ok. I just like Cell because of his whole persona. Not that it makes the games any better.

SSJ Goku v Frieza will always be the best part.

EDIT:

I love this gif.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
I love Goku vs Frieza it is one of the best parts
My fav is still when Vegeta and Nappa come to earth. its made of so much win up untill the figth with vegeta is over

But i LOVED trunks vs Metal frieza and i LOVED the android saga. And i loved the cell saga up until it was Gohan vs Cell. Then is got gay.
Buu saga was alright but got super **** with Goku vs Kid Buu

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
dbz kai is a remake started like 2 months ago or something. follows manga closer.. and apparently less charging eps and snake way eps *insert some brawl joke about snake*

"truuuuunks, we gotta get out of here"
"fatheeeerr you going to destroy the planet stop it" XP

goku vs vegeta beam war was nice =D

need some instant transmission spirit bomb =D

Ant1

Smash Ace
Dude luke Final Flash is arguably the coolest moment of dbz. It's around 3 minutes of him charging but it is so suspenseful, just watching him release the attack isn't that good, u have to watch all the build up.

9thorlower

Banned via Warnings
I have a question for your "vast" knowledge.

How in the hell did Dr. Gero create androids that were much stronger than super saiyans, when humans have little to no knowledge of any powers beyond that of which was shown in the budokai tournaments in the original Dragon Ball series? Goku training under king kai (kaiousama for you japanophiles) was already leagues above anything any earthling could even fathom, him training under 100x gravity on the way to namek was way beyond that, and becoming a super saiyan completely eclipsed that, so how could an old human scientist even begin to fathom creating something that powerful? How did he get the raw materials on planet earth?

swordsaint

Smash Master
didn't he spy on the Zwarriors for everything up to planet namek? That's what I remember.

something about collecting dna/genes etc etc

9thorlower

Banned via Warnings
That's just an explanation for cell though, and even still, the fact that a handful of the fighters' powerlevels multiplied by dozens and more by the time they were back on earth alone should negate any sort of calcuations/cells he had. Maybe the cells he got from trunks when he appeared to defeat frieza, but still, android 17 and 18 (and even 16,19 and 20) were built from parts and normal humans as far as I know, and they had powers greater than base super saiyans.

Ant1

Smash Ace
I have a question for your "vast" knowledge.

How in the hell did Dr. Gero create androids that were much stronger than super saiyans, when humans have little to no knowledge of any powers beyond that of which was shown in the budokai tournaments in the original Dragon Ball series? Goku training under king kai (kaiousama for you japanophiles) was already leagues above anything any earthling could even fathom, him training under 100x gravity on the way to namek was way beyond that, and becoming a super saiyan completely eclipsed that, so how could an old human scientist even begin to fathom creating something that powerful? How did he get the raw materials on planet earth?
This is a reason why people do not like the android saga. Because it makes NO SENSE.
Frieza, an insanely powerful alien who basically ruled the universe was nothing compared to some robots that some scientist created on earth?

Cell makes the most sense out of all of them. As he had cells from the worlds greatest fighters. The androids however are just androids

9thorlower

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, super plotholes. Though I like the cell saga probably because SSJ2 Gohan for the first time was pretty cool, and almost every fighter is useful at some point, even if just for a little. The time travelling crap is also a downer though, I mean Dr Gero basically wins the whole series since he got his revenge Goku's friends and family, even if it was an alternate timeline. A crappy villain from DB ends up wiping out the entire cast in the future......lame.

Namek saga is probably the best story-wise, since Frieza REALLY makes you hate him, and is definitely the most ruthless villain, and watching Goku go SSJ for the first time is a memorable moment. (Though he didn't beat on Frieza enough IMO)

Saiyan Saga is good because Goku vs Vegeta was classic, and it lays the story out extremely well for future sagas. Also the fights are a bit more substance based than light shows, and the saga isn't as longwinded (Frieza saga got really tedious at times, with Namek looking exactly the same)

Lastly, Buu saga was ok, so many power ups and fusions, but it lacked a serious plot. Buu changed like 50 times and instead of killing people (besides fodder earthlings) he turned them into candy, and there were way too many comical moments in the middle of fights (Gotenks was freaking annoying and obnoxious)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
watch out dont fall into that PLOT HOLE!

like I said, should have used the orginal ending and finished at frieza, then it all makes sense.

9thorlower

Banned via Warnings
What was the original plan for that anyway? Did they plan to have goku make it off the planet namek and just go home peacefully, with vegeta still dead and whatnot? I read that toriyama wanted to end it at frieza saga, but I didn't read how he wanted to do it.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah I'm pretty sure that the planet never exploded, they took gokus pod back home, and vegeta had died with that whole emotional scene that he had.

not 100% though, I'm basing that off an old dbz game I played

Browny

Smash Hater
The whole dr gero thing could be ever so slightly plausible if you look at it a different way...

Say any old generic aliens invaded earth in 1909. We would get owned pretty bad. try it again in 2009, when we have 1000's of nukes, endless fighter jets, incredibly accurate missiles and all that junk, do you think they would stand the same chance of success? 100 years worth of technology is worth more than we can imagine.

If freiza was like these aliens, except he had 100's of years more advanced technology on his side (with his mecha-suit, spaceship, etc), sure you would expect him to dominate us in the same fashion. But what really is stopping a single person on earth, being even further advanced that freiza? It has happened in the past, where some scientists have been decades, if not centuries ahead of the rest of the world. People like Copernicus and Kepler especially were 100's of years beyond the rest of the world before they caught up to them. granted, being that far advanced back then wasnt as difficult as it is today, since hardly anyone studied the same field as these guys, but it is possible anyway.

Maybe dr gero was like these guys, his brain, and knowledge of robotics etc is supposed to be 100's of years beyond the rest of the world. you see how people like cell easily trashed earths military. what if that same military had technologies, say 200 years advanced?

Please dont take any of this literally, of course no amount of brain power is going to make current earth metals 1000's of times stronger or somehow extract energy from nothingness. but its just as plausible as the rest of DBZ :p

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Dr Gero was the smartest man on the planet

he researched all the Z fighters calculating how much there power increased with ever battle.
He used simple maths to give a rough estimate on how strong they would be at that time they attacked based on there power growth. Then to be on the safe side he like 10000xed it so there was no risk.
The materials used? titanium or something i guess. The metal is of no concern. any metal is going to be stronger then bones which is what every other character is made up of so why dont they break with every hit?
Its because them like the androids use there energy to protect themselves.
make sense now?

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
its anime universe. anime physics apply.
btw dr gero is smart he can make them.. so why not... this genius was born on earth blame badluck on earth (even tho its the writer but wateva)

btw wanted to watch goku vs super 17... dont really get super 17 =P

Ant1

Smash Ace
Maybe the androids are powered by anti matter or dark matter what ever it is.

The most rediculous part of dbz was android 16's self destruct mechanism.

He has a nuclear warhead in his chest and so what a nuke is strong enough to kill perfect cell!!!!?? lol wth indeed. The military bombed the **** out of cell but that didn't affect him at all, oh but a nuke is strong enough to kill perfect cell.

Unless.... the nuke had anti matter in it also! Coz if it did then that would be understandable, but he wouldn't coz android 16 woudln't risk destroying the earth, as anti matter would do.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Maybe the androids are powered by anti matter or dark matter what ever it is.

The most rediculous part of dbz was android 16's self destruct mechanism.

He has a nuclear warhead in his chest and so what a nuke is strong enough to kill perfect cell!!!!?? lol wth indeed. The military bombed the **** out of cell but that didn't affect him at all, oh but a nuke is strong enough to kill perfect cell.

Unless.... the nuke had anti matter in it also! Coz if it did then that would be understandable, but he wouldn't coz android 16 woudln't risk destroying the earth, as anti matter would do.
Again do you remember when Vegeta blew himself up?
He used his energy to blow himself up.

Android 16 just used his energy fused with the warheads energy to really give it some kick

Ant1

Smash Ace
but android 16 is nothing compared to perfect cell. He was nothing compared to semi-perfect cell.
Vegeta was slightly weaker than fat buu. it's a bit different.

swordsaint

Smash Master
your ki energy is slightly different to your life force iirc

life force is stronger cos you're killing yourself lol

IT'S NOT REAL.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
but android 16 is nothing compared to perfect cell. He was nothing compared to semi-perfect cell.
Vegeta was slightly weaker than fat buu. it's a bit different.
Vegeta was nothing to perfect cell. yet he some how managed to gather enough energy for the final flash that blew him to ****in bits. Its this same type of energy gathering that Android 16 would of used

Ant1

Smash Ace
Vegeta was something to perfect cell. Vegeta was leagues above android 16 + he spent like 3 minutes charging that move.

During Vegeta's suicide attack, piccolo? said he's converting his life force into energy.
Android 16 can't have life force as he isn't alive! He's an android. lolol

Top Bottom