• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

etecoon

Smash Hero
was it "so bad it's good" terrible like mortal kombat or was it just "oh god the pain" terrible like gwen stefani's solo career

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I never really understood IASA frames. Are they frames where while the attack is in some animation of sorts, but you can still input a command that will cancel those frames right into the next attack. Sort of like how if I use Snake's Uair at the right time it autocancels the rest of the animation when he lands. In this example inputting another attack is touching the floor.

Also, I think I know how to punish Marth's SideB when he uses it against you. But I need to work on figuring out how to do it consistently.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, what you're thinking of is just the attack ending before he hits the ground.

But you're right in that it's interrupting the attack with another attack.

An example of IASA frames:

Up-smash with Ganon.

Now up-smash, but spam the A button during the whole thing. Ganon will jab at a certain point in the middle of the attack's animation.

No, what you're thinking of is just the attack ending before he hits the ground.

But you're right in that it's interrupting the attack with another attack.

An example of IASA frames:

Up-smash with Ganon.

Now up-smash, but spam the A button during the whole thing. Ganon will jab at a certain point in the middle of the attack's animation.
I am not seeing anything really different. The attack comes out like as soon as he lowers his leg like half way down. Same thing if I walk, or shield an input.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Exactly. The animation wasn't over yet, but you canceled it with a jab.

There's a difference. It's just kinda minor.

Exactly. The animation wasn't over yet, but you canceled it with a jab.
There's a difference. It's just kinda minor.
That is exactly as I described then. Ok, so I was right. Even though the attack is in an animation, you can start another input at a certain point.

Yeah, you were right. I was just saying landing laglessly from up-air wasn't IASA frames.
You misunderstood me. I was using the notion of auto-canceling to represent how the animation gets cut short. Auto canceling for aerials is as IASA is for grounded attacks.

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
Sup snake (or is it ekans? O.o) mainers, I main snake as a secondary, I'm also ranked 5th in N.C. (What ever thats worth xD) you'll be seeing around here more often due to the fact that I want to strengthen my snake (or ekans, I'm confused. -___-) for tournament play. See ya around.

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
Hey, DSF whats up? Remember when you came down to MD/VA for a C3 about 7 months back? You road up to the venue with my crew after we all stayed at chu's house, I place 13th at that C3 out of like 98 entries with wolf, I was so proud. lol

Underload

Lazy
These hitbox videos are cool I guess, but I haven't really learned anything new from them, not gonna lie :/ knew the basic layout of most hitboxes anyway.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I didn't learn anything from most of them but I kinda want the hack now because MK's utilt looks absurd with it

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I found it helpful somewhat. Cause some moves have "weak spots" and "strong spots" and these vids make it a lot more clear as to which parts are what.

And it helped me see the insane range (or lack of) on moves that aren't used quite as much, like mk's utilt and snake's dtilt, etc.

Oh, and I have a question. On the dash grabs is the light it shows just the initial grab hitbox and then it moves with the character as they continue to dash forward? Or is that the only part that grabs at all? Cause I could have sworn MK's dash grab has a lot bigger range than that. It doesn't look that big at all in the vid.

Top Bottom