• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

napZzz

Smash Hero
you shouldn't explain things to people who mention FFA's and dont understand how snake is good

Snake is very high at the tier because he has powerful, fast, long-ranged/disjointed tilts, he's a superior camper, his grenades, remote rockets, his C4s and mines, his mortar makes it easier for Snakes to develop strategies, edgeguarding tactics and incredible mindgames. His tech chasing is incredible due to great grab range and including pivot grabbing. You have to know Snake well and his moves and techniques. Watch Ally's Snake videos, you'll see why Snake is 2nd tier. H

Superspright

Smash Lord
I think once Snake's metagame is fully evolved he will be better than any character. He's the only character who can effectively pressure--maybe peach being another exception, but still...

I can't believe how someone can't see how amazing he is. LOL.

Black_Heretic said:
it wasn't off of one tech chase

title should be, "Susa repeatedly dthrew a ROB until 430% instead of killing him with ANYTHING 300% sooner"
Did he do that from 0% until 430%? If he did, he's a great predictor and why wasn't the ROB able to escape from it?

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Did he do that from 0% until 430%? If he did, he's a great predictor and why wasn't the ROB able to escape from it?

it wasn't one tech chase

Here, Susa said it himself
It wasn't all in 1 tech chase. That should be mentioned.

He was just so predictable that I could powershield > grab him. Even if he lasered me... <_<
he just punished everything with down throw and probably got a decent chunk at a time, but it WASN'T one tech chase

Well, we know Susa, he knows what to in those things. So who are you going to main next after mastering Ganondorf.

By the way right if Peach puts out a beam sword and she throws it at us, can't we catch it by timing it or air dodging? If we can do that, does that mean we need to know how to use the beam sword. It's not useless, it's range is huge so what do you guys think?

Superspright

Smash Lord
It can actually be really useful. It doesn't make anything really better, but it gives him tremendous space. His aerials can still be used, and he can strip the sword for a grenade if he wants. I dunno. Probably the best thing is being able to strike peach from any angle she tries to float from. I'd say this is something peach would never give anyone.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
If Peach get's a beam sword, she's not gonna throw it. She's gonna keep it and try to outspace you with it.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Yeah, precisely. Peach with a beamsword means trouble. Most peaches will drop it and pick it back up so they get the 'real' beamsword. When they first pull it it does pathetic damage and knockback. Once they drop it and pick it back up then it is far more deadly.

If you can manage to get the sword then you can effectively stuff her approach if you practiced with the sword enough.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I play scrubs with items on all the time. Use of a beamsword is no problem for me.

And I never understood why Peach had to drop the sword and pick it up again... seems like a pointless game mechanic.

Gotta love her twirly f-tilt sword attack though.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure its the same as catching any other item with a well timed air dodge or z catch, I'm not sure if you can catch with an aerial tho. It should probably work but something makes me think it would explode lol

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yeah airdodge and z-catching would be the best, attacking it would just blow it up lololololol.

Also about the beam sword, she doesnt need to drop it to get the real one, as long as she make it disappear from view. She can do this with her up taunt and her down taunt. So if you ever see a peach taunt with the beam sword, expect a long *** ranged f-smash.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Camp more until she drops it? It's also very slow, I think the range can make up for it if you had impeccable spacing with it.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Snake sucks with clobbering items, just throw it off screen. You ftlit does more damage, knockback and is much faster than any item clobbering attack, Except for the fan's speed.

If you want to use it, your best use might be to footstool + throw item below you.
Unavoidable that way since footstools can't be teched.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Eh, I got 17th out of 38 at my first tourney. :/ I lost to a falco and surprising lost losers bracket to a kirbs. I won FD, lost the counter pick (forgot which stage), and went on someone else's advice and counterpick brinstar... I guess that wasn't a good choice. Well, at least I got some experience, even if the MU is 60:40.

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
did he?

I am trying to find a smasher i met there.

Said smasher mained random, but was looking for wario advice because that was his worst character.

this is from the smash school info about susa

:random:

SuSa

Everyone but Wario+G&W/It's underneath my name/Visitor Messages/AIM is invokke08havokk

My name is SuSa (well, it isn't but that's what you can call me) and I've played everyone due to maining Random for the longest time. I specialize in Snake and Sheik but I have knowledge for nearly every character. I've never really liked G&W, so while I am decent with him. I am not comfortable teaching him. The same goes for Wario. I simply don't know enough about the characters. Everyone else I have used.

mains random? not comfortable with wario, sounds like my guy..

so, anybodyknow who this guy is/ if its susa?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Most likely.

This is the closest I can get to the MGS3 Sneaking Suit without the textures.
I looked all around the net and no has been able to extract the MGS3 textures due to it's insane encryption method.
I understand if people don't like it, but if you want a better version, someone needs to extract the MGS3 textures from the STAGE.DAT file.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Eh, I got 17th out of 38 at my first tourney. :/ I lost to a falco and surprising lost losers bracket to a kirbs. I won FD, lost the counter pick (forgot which stage), and went on someone else's advice and counterpick brinstar... I guess that wasn't a good choice. Well, at least I got some experience, even if the MU is 60:40.
I got 7th, should have gone further though. I was playing Nafiun, out gayed his DDD with MK, then lost to his Lucario as MK. Third match CP'ed RAINBOW CRUISE against his Lucario as Snake. First stock went great for me as he fell through the blocks and cant recover. But he camped like a ***** and took it back, then I was 1 up tilt away from winning on the part with the low ceiling, but he hit me up, and I tried to grenade counter in the air for some stupid reason, and basically lost be cause of that, I knew i should have ff ad but idk I didn't. :(

btw, Tan I have our match saved, if you want I can send it to you. Also yeah, I agree with Syx, you get so nervous on your 1st tournament that you don't play as well. I know you werent playing your best, and I can tell your nervous since your face was red the whole entire time :laugh:, but keep it up and youll do better at your next tourney. ^.^

Also funny thing I found. You know that part on 3rd part of RC where its curved like /-\ and you can fall through it. Well if you grab some one there and backthrow them to where the blocks are on the left of it, they will get stage spiked on the blocks and fall under the stage/platform.

Peach with a beam sword isn't slow. She's fast with it, maybe the only way to make her drop her beam sword is frustrate her by camping and spacing but it means dealing with the super long range of the beam sword.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
So, how did everybody here do at their very first tournament?

My first one was West Coast Smash League and I got 3rd in my pool, only top 2 made it out

and if we want to count scrub tournaments, I won like 5 of them before that for $40 a pop

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
We don't get scrub tourneys up here... =(

I placed last at my first tourney. Got 4th seed, with top 4 making it out. Lost to Ally in first round(kinda obvious that would happen, lol), and some random ZSS main in Losers.

I felt that my 500th post belonged here more than anywhere else. 837 more till 1337 posts.

Underload

Lazy
Update from Colorado:

Had a tourney today, Zaj got 5th and I got 3rd out of 21. Me and a guy named Timotee got first in teams.

Also, my first tourney I got 9th out of 18, it just so happened to be posted on AiB. That was the only reason I was aware of it, and boy am I happy that I went. With that, I got into the scene for real.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't remember what i got at my first tournament.
it was probably somewhere in the middle.

i do remember fighting a peach that CPed JJ and then suicided all 3 lives, though.

Underload: who got 1st?

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Update from Colorado:

Had a tourney today, Zaj got 5th and I got 3rd out of 21. Me and a guy named Timotee got first in teams.

Also, my first tourney I got 9th out of 18, it just so happened to be posted on AiB. That was the only reason I was aware of it, and boy am I happy that I went. With that, I got into the scene for real.
good **** guys

Zaj needs to come here and get a hug or something ;)

Underload

Lazy
Zaj freakin' ***** now, it's crazy. He didn't go all Snake btw, he went Diddy a few times, Pikachu a few times, and I think even Marth once. I went all Snake. Probably like 70% Snake, though. Maybe more.

Tim won, demonictoonlink (Dylan) got 2nd in singles.

Underload

Lazy
demonictoonlink posts on Smashboards pretty often, I'm kinda surprised you haven't encountered him.

Tim pretty much never leaves the Southwest forum, though, so I'm not surprised you don't know him. He uses Wario and Ness.

Our best player, Dave, couldn't go though. He plays Game and Watch.

Turazrok

Smash Master

My first one was West Coast Smash League and I got 3rd in my pool, only top 2 made it out

and if we want to count scrub tournaments, I won like 5 of them before that for $40 a pop
9/13 with Lee Martin and Cyphus and pretty much every other PR La Brawler.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru

I went to PLURS's tourney in NC (went there for a summer camp, not smash lol), I lost to a Lucario main in 1st round of winners, beat a Zelda main in losers(who became my playmate over the summer while I was at NC, got so much better playing him), then lost to a Falco main (who i learned alot about Falco by watching and playing him).

I learn so much from watching good people playing, I love going to tourneys for that.

So yeah fun fact I have never went 2 and out, my worst probably was at SNES where I went 6-12 in pools.

Top Bottom