• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Random tidbit. When Snake's Grenades and C4 explode against each other (even if they do not hit anyone else) they will decay. Since they decay they do refresh Snake's other moves.

napZzz

Smash Hero
hey *****es, I won a fairly large out of state doubles tourney with a ganon as my partner

GET THE **** AT ME

vids to come

Whenver you use a move that hits something like pikmin, destoryable terrain, or a character the move will decay. To decay will cause the move to have less %damage and knockback applied the next time it is used. The more you use a move consectively in a row the more it will be decayed. This is why you hear people taking about how pros save their KO moves until KO ranges. This is because if they use it even once just before KO percents, the next time they use the same move it will likely not kill. So you have to wait longer to get the opponent to high percents with other moves before you can try to KO them again.

There is a limit to how much a move a will decay. The game keeps track of the last 9 moves you have used (and by used it, that means it has to have hit a character or something like that). This means a move will stop decaying after you have used it 9 times in a row. How much a move decays depends upon how often it was used in the last 9 moves used, and the time between them. If you Utilt as the 1st and 9th move in the list, the difference of decay will be less compared to if it was the 1st and 2nd move used on the list.

In short, the more you use a move the less damage and knockback it will create. To fix that problem just use a few other moves that make contact on your enemy before using that one move again.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
So, how did everybody here do at their very first tournament?
I got 17th out of 33 XD It was the first tourney after brawl had come out and everyone had been playing it nonstop while I couldn't play at all due to state soccer tournament/training. But after that tourney I never took anything lower than 4th :)
Zaj freakin' ***** now, it's crazy. He didn't go all Snake btw, he went Diddy a few times, Pikachu a few times, and I think even Marth once. I went all Snake. Probably like 70% Snake, though. Maybe more.

Tim won, demonictoonlink (Dylan) got 2nd in singles.
Zaj's Snake is his best character by far. You should ask him about our diddy/snake match :laugh:

And nice stuff taking first in teams. When we were in CO, we missed teams but we mmed manny and dtl who got first and we five stocked them XD

Breezy

Smash Ace
hey *****es, I won a fairly large out of state doubles tourney with a ganon as my partner

GET THE **** AT ME

vids to come
I wonder...

Does this make -NaPPy look amazing for winning while teaming with me, or does it make me look amazing for winning with Ganondorf period?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Zaj's Snake is his best character by far. You should ask him about our diddy/snake match :laugh:
Some people are saying my Diddy is better than my Snake now.

And the one time I went Marth was because I was fighting a Kirby who CP'd Rainbow Cruise, and I didn't feel like dealing with Rainbow with any of my characters. My Marth is decent enough. I can space and stuff pretty well, so I wasn't worried.

Everyone else watching me was just "WTF"ing at me though.

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
guys, what does snake do in matches?

like, luigi gets in close, ZSS punishes, diddy bannannakills, wario rushes all over with arieals, marth spaces, gannon looses

whats snake do?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Snake ***** everything baits and punishes, and controls the field to put his opponent in bad situations.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Fun fact, me and Tim would've actually teamed at Ranbat 1 too, but oddly enough neither of us ended up going in the end.
I'm still bitter about you not coming :mad:
Some people are saying my Diddy is better than my Snake now.

And the one time I went Marth was because I was fighting a Kirby who CP'd Rainbow Cruise, and I didn't feel like dealing with Rainbow with any of my characters. My Marth is decent enough. I can space and stuff pretty well, so I wasn't worried.

Everyone else watching me was just "WTF"ing at me though.
Well then good stuff. Your snake is still beastly though.

And Marth is broken on RC. Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-3M328FtEU

(Not really though, it's really not that good of a stage for marth.. My marth just ***** XD)

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Don't get me wrong, Snake is still my main. I just need to work on him a bit.

And I'm learning Marth just for RC.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I decided to main Snake. I aske SuSa to teach me but he hasnt been on in a week. What should i do to improve my snake in the meantime. I read some of the guides though i couldnt seem to use them effectively in battle. So ya, what should i do?

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I decided to main Snake. I aske SuSa to teach me but he hasnt been on in a week. What should i do to improve my snake in the meantime. I read some of the guides though i couldnt seem to use them effectively in battle. So ya, what should i do?

Practice until SuSa gets back. That's all I can say.

I had a question to everyone.

I noticed that if you 2nd jump -> cypher recovery immediatly after using 2nd jump Snake shoots upwards much more quickly than trying to 2nd jump to max height than UpB. In videos of many Snakes I never see anyone try to 2nd jump -> immediate cypher recovery. The only time I ever saw it was in a doubles match of Anti, Ally vs M2K, Tyrant.

So my question is do you think this would be more useful to implement into Snake's recovery? The general usage would be height faster. Trying to cypher recover at the top of 2nd jump causes the cypher to stall before it gains height. A chance that Snake would get hit out of recovery at times.

Superspright

Smash Lord
I do double jump cypher all day, and I like to land on the stage with the uair or a bair if my opponent is humping the edge.

I have a conclusion to make. Since SuSa has started playing well with some of the pros, I am thinking that he has started to obtain there mentality.

Never post on SWF.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
true that, I know someone who just lurks the board and hardly posts anything, and he is improving wayyy faster than I am, over the summer I used to own him, now I can't even beat him >.>

Nah, it just depends how you apply yourself. I probably spend like each day playing 2 new random people on Free Chat at AiB for probably 2 hours. I am limited in how much I improve because... 1) Its wifi. I get good connections that actually help me, and others that do not do anything. 2) I'm not playing a wide range of people, I am playing like the same person for an hour. I end up figuring out how they play instead of the character more often than not.

I lurk, chat on SWF for like 1-2 hours each day (my social get away for the day after school). Play Reflex for maybe a couple hours also. After that its school, eat, and sleep. What a life xD

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I never play wifi and I never play Brawl outside of tourneys/smashfests/random get-togethers with friends.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
nighty night
so man theres this awesome thread where like thes guys are arguing about top tiers in melee. and one random guy hey mongo whats your thoughts on falcon vs jiggs?
and the some guy like posted write after and it wasnt mango i was confused....

So that means we're better off not posting? How about the guides users made? Isn't that like a post also and it helps other users.

And also I lack transportation so I can't go to local tourneys.

Top Bottom