• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

IxxI

Smash Fence
I'm getting a job somewhere after Christmas, and I have to start volunteering at some places. I'm going to miss playing Smash.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
LOL no religion says you can't play brawl unless you're like a quaker or something. I'm just not playing cause I'm moving to Belgium and I'm going to be super busy...

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Maybe I could if i could tell where the F your location is XD

And I had a tourney/smashfest today at my house. Got more people than our monthlies cause everyone wanted to say goodbye lol XD

IxxI

Smash Fence
Maybe I could if i could tell where the F your location is XD

And I had a tourney/smashfest today at my house. Got more people than our monthlies cause everyone wanted to say goodbye lol XD
Wait, last day to smash EVER EVER EVER?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Wait, last day to smash EVER EVER EVER?
Technically no, I'll be back in two years. Peronal choice for multiple reasons, yes. (I'll be two years out of the metagame. The scene will be completely different and I'm betting a lot of my really good friends won't be in it still. I need to stop smashing at some point in my life, and might as well do it when I already haven't been playing for two years. etc. etc. you get the picture...)

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Technically no, I'll be back in two years. Peronal choice for multiple reasons, yes. (I'll be two years out of the metagame. The scene will be completely different and I'm betting a lot of my really good friends won't be in it still. I need to stop smashing at some point in my life, and might as well do it when I already haven't been playing for two years. etc. etc. you get the picture...)
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I think I might've found something cool with snake, but clearing it up with someone before I go overboard.
Belgium has them sugar waffles, which are scary in teh sucrose levels.

IxxI

Smash Fence
I find it hilarious how this comment was on a Taylor Swift video. The best part is the username. Haha.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I think I might've found something cool with snake, but clearing it up with someone before I go overboard.
Belgium has them sugar waffles, which are scary in teh sucrose levels.
Crouching with Snake on Techchase to take away the rolling backwards option?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Crouching with Snake on Techchase to take away the rolling backwards option?
Let me guess, it's too situational, or at least has already been discovered :(

But yeah, if you buffer crouch -> crawl backwards just as they start their roll, it slows their roll down significantly for some characters + for others makes it unable for them to pass behind you (kinda like the Charizard effect), it could also space if you suspect a getup attack, and I think you don't get much of a lag penalty if you do shield or dash from a crouch, so that can cover other options.

I think tech chasing is predicting someones tech or "ukemi" then you punish the tech with a d-throw or another move or it's chasing someone with a tech. I also don't really know what tech chasing is.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Tech chase is a setup for a scenario that greatly benefits the user because it limits the opponent's options to a select few. With snake dthrow, you get essentially four options from the opponent:
Roll away, roll towards, or attack/regular getup. Snake's dthrow is one of the easiest and most consistent tech chases to make, and shutting options down with grenades, ftilt, shield, or even better, if they're on a platform, makes it even easier.
If you time the crouch after you dthrow characters, you can slow down their roll, sometimes, even prevent it from rolling behind you completely. And since theoretically you can buffer loads of things from crouch (that's how some characters like Lucario and Ike perform jab cancels easier) with relatively little lag, you could buffer the other options like shielding their attack or dashing -> stuff if they roll forward. The crouch thing is kind of situational, so I want to test it on more characters.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
You need to make a bigger post, or even quote someone for a post. It's a line checker so that the thread has a little less length to it when someone says "lolinb4rape" or something like that.

Zalathys

Smash Rookie
I'm brand new to playing Snake. Just dropping by to say hi whilst I scavenge the threads :]

Link_Player123

Smash Rookie
How is snake so high up in the updated tiers?

On an updated tier I just recently saw snake is number 2. How is he that high? Is he really easy to play and is he really that good? I am pretty bad at playing with snake and don't see how anyone could do that good with snake unless he just stood in the backround in a 4 player free for all throwing grendaes. Can some one please explain how snake is a good player.

Zalathys

Smash Rookie
On an updated tier I just recently saw snake is number 2. How is he that high? Is he really easy to play and is he really that good? I am pretty bad at playing with snake and don't see how anyone could do that good with snake unless he just stood in the backround in a 4 player free for all throwing grendaes. Can some one please explain how snake is a good player.
Watch videos of a Snake called Ally, then you'll see why :p.

Oh yeah, and he's by no means easy to use.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, Snake is that good. However he's NOT easy to play.

Snake is broken if you know how to play him. He gets wrecked if you have no idea what you're doing.

-Snake never dies.

-Snake kills really early.

-Grenades, C4, Mortars, and Mines EVERYWHERE.

-Snake camps major hardcore.

-Snake has a broken techchase/pivot grab.

-Forward tilt.

-Up tilt.

And a lot more brokenness.

Top Bottom