• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'm still gathering the hitbox and frame data and double checking everything.

It seems that Snake's arms and shoulders are invincible during the dash attack when the hitboxes are out.

napZzz

Smash Hero
serious time im going to a big tourny tomarow i need advice snake matchups against diddy kong.... ice climbers...... and snake. every help the hulkster out! :) thANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS. I MEAN EVERY COUNTER STAGES STRATEGYS FOR EASY KILLS I WONT IT ALL!.
dont approach the ice climbers, and try to not attack their shield. Dont get cornered either. I dunno much about diddy kong tbh. I only do diddy kong vs. snake from diddy side.

The only thing I know about diddy is to do the same. never attack his shield if he has a banana. He can Glide Toss/or just toss OoS ==> Attack. Umm... Grenades really do not do much I feel. Use bananas against him instead of get rid of them. Use Dacus often to grab bananas out of reach. But not stupidly into him.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Against Snake Ftilt and Bair are really useful, but if you ftilt your opponent and he shields it, dont use the 2nd ftilt, or youll get ftilted right back. If your opponent is C4 recoving pretty low on the screen, see if you can footstool him and that will most likely gimp him.

A trick I like against Diddy is the place C4s where the bananas are lying around, so when he goes to pick it up I blow him up for it. :laugh:

Snake can 0 death Nana and he can camp Ice climbers well. The ICs don't have a tool to deal with Snake's grenades and the ice block is seemingly useless against Snake and the best part is whenever they attempt to chaingrab you, you can pull out a grenade and interupt it. ICs hardest match up is Snake when I saw their match-ups, it's 70:30 Snake so you have the favor but just don't approach the ICs because they can U-tilt and juggle you.

napZzz

Smash Hero
ic's vs. snake isn't that bad though. I'd like to say its 55/45 but I'm probably wrong

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Its 60/40 snake. IC's can still win. Its just hella harder for them.

Yeah, I didn't say that the ICs can't beat Snake and it's impossible to beat Snake, it's just very disadvantageous for them.

RATED

Smash Lord
LOL Idk if I am late but Susa's nickname come from golden sun 2! LOL the one who do the final blow to the gaia dragon. yeah is random from me coming here just to say this, but I had to say it! LOL

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
SuSa = Shut up Suicide already. Nice try though, I played the first 2 Golden Suns on a GBA Emulator and absolutely loved them.

Snake can 0 death Nana and he can camp Ice climbers well. The ICs don't have a tool to deal with Snake's grenades and the ice block is seemingly useless against Snake and the best part is whenever they attempt to chaingrab you, you can pull out a grenade and interupt it. ICs hardest match up is Snake when I saw their match-ups, it's 70:30 Snake so you have the favor but just don't approach the ICs because they can U-tilt and juggle you.
They have a solution to the grenades. Grabbing. ICs just have to learn to CG away from any grenades you have. It's on platforms supposedly they have problems trying to counter snake.

RATED

Smash Lord
SuSa = Shut up Suicide already. Nice try though, I played the first 2 Golden Suns on a GBA Emulator and absolutely loved them.
LOL! that sounds good :p , btw yeah both are awesome, and I can't wait for Golden Sun DS!.

---------------------------

I don't have so much experience against ICs but when my wii get fixed... I will practice with ICs too since I feel like having a 2ndarie. and they seem awesome as a 2nd for a Snake mainer(just to **** DDD )

SNk.

Smash Rookie
LOL! that sounds good :p , btw yeah both are awesome, and I can't wait for Golden Sun DS!.

---------------------------

I don't have so much experience against ICs but when my wii get fixed... I will practice with ICs too since I feel like having a 2ndarie. and they seem awesome as a 2nd for a Snake mainer(just to **** DDD )
SNk.

There recovery is like a tether recovery so go to places that have less ledges (yes, that includes RC)

noradseven

Smash Lord
Came in here for the thread title lol, Rob got owned.

Its 60/40 snake. IC's can still win. Its just hella harder for them.
6-4 still means IC has a 40% chance of winning maybe harder not really hella harder, 6-4 mearly means that snake will tend to mean more its not 7-3 or 8-2 or some****.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Anyone notice how the snake vets hang around the social thread while others run the rest of the snake boards?
Its because the good players have already discussed everything, and are tired of it, then scrubs come in don't read the thread and post the same questions again and again and again.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Syx is correct in his suspecisions.

Random fact I learned. A lv 9 CPU and a human player in doubles with team attack on is surprisingly a good team. If the opposing players suck at doubles xD

napZzz

Smash Hero
Its because the good players have already discussed everything, and are tired of it, then scrubs come in don't read the thread and post the same questions again and again and again.
I pretty much agree with this. I've already posted on most topics as much as I'd feel like and dont feel like posting much more. Maybe in the stage discussion thread if its on a stage I play on. But I dont wanna theorycraft and put in data for something that might not be true.

I pretty much agree with this. I've already posted on most topics as much as I'd feel like and dont feel like posting much more. Maybe in the stage discussion thread if its on a stage I play on. But I dont wanna theorycraft and put in data for something that might not be true.
The theorycrafting people should be doing are options that are actually viable. This typically is harder to assess though. I mean, I feel like Snake should be played certain ways against various characters, but others will argue you should always camp. Grenades I feel are of limited use against some characters like diddy kong or fox.

Bananas and grenades to watch out for make you spent more time avoiding conflict than attacking. It's probably better to take Diddy and Fox head on with grenades and C4 only when they should be used. Like in edgeguarding or recovering.

Against fox I feel it can be taken a few ways. The typical shield-drop -> throw is stupid. Blaster spam will eat the grenades and explode in front of you, or reflector will reflect the nades. If you attempt to camp fox I really think you should jump and toss grenades like that. But really, only camp fox if fox is committed to camping. If fox mixes in approaches with camping, this will beat you out every time if you are stuck camping. So you need to revert from camping straight to defence with shielding, dodges, rolls and spacing to combat this change in playstyle.

In short, approach > camping; camping > defence; defence > approaches. But that is just for a couple of match-ups.

Against MK and Wario I think camping does not work to well. They just fly or air dodge past it all. I take those match-ups in the assumption that Wario and MK will always be making the approach against me. How do they approach though? Against Wario it will likely be in the air. Just counter it with some cooked mid and short tosses. Maybe throw in a Nair or mortar occasionally. Then when they get in close try to defend against there antics.

MK is a little harder as he can approach like wario or from the ground. I am still not sure how to go about this MU. If I hold a grenade I get grabbed, if I do not have one I get tornadoed then stuck recoverying for like 2 minutes.

napZzz

Smash Hero
You should camp diddy. nades block nanners and make it much easier for you and harder for him.

I agree with the fox part though. But thats a matchup I'm really inexperienced with.

you should nevah approach metaknight. Your game needs to be almost all camping or else you'll get torn apart. I dunno about wario. I think a mixed style could work well.

You should camp diddy. nades block nanners and make it much easier for you and harder for him.
I still have a hard time thinking grenades ever do anything. Pulling grenades seems like a huge sign saying "GLIDE TOSS AT ME, I CANNOT PUNISH YOU!". Every scenario I can think of in close range of glide tossing ends with Snake in a bad posistion with grenades compared to if he just PSed the toss. It's different when you are out of range though. You can pull and not have to worry about anything. But even then you sort of do. This is all if diddy has access to a banana. I would say that if he has none, then grenades are your best friend. However, when does diddy ever go without bananas for very long? You start cooking grenades Diddy will just pull a banana out.

I feel against Diddy you have to be smart when he has the bananas to avoid the antics (of which grenades I have a hard time believing they help rather than hurt you), but rather aggresive to make sure he never gets access to pull a banana safely (which means again a ton of grenade use means you are nto being aggresive).

napZzz

Smash Hero
you dont pull a nade when diddy is in front of you or a certain distance holding a banana obviously. Put when you can you should be spacing yoruself away from him and throwing **** everywhere to limit his options (with bananas especially)

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Nades are an excellent way to stop Diddys from picking up bananas in front of them with dash attacks. Just don't be stupid and pull one out when Diddy is right in your face and you won't get glide tossed off the stage.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
so.... thanks for the help guys ( but i didn't go) work is AWESOME lol but i read everything and im gona take it all under concederation.

Top Bottom