• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A thread ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Yea, We among 3 other boards got the mark of spam. Cause back when we where a very lively group. Almost like a frat house. (woo for PQ #11)

But that aside, the IRC spawned from the lucario chat room and the fact that AIM group chat sucks.

The IRC is wavering, as it has in the past. People have left due to college or other reasons. But its still trucking on.
-t2

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Lucario has more or less even matchups with the entire cast. His moveset and Aura modifier is -that- variable. It all depends on how good YOU are, rather than how good your character is. It's awesome.

Enjoy your stay. Ignore RK Joker and The Bear, chuckle at Xavant and direct any questions to me. <3 Be sure to watch Inner Fire!

-Milln, the Helpcario.
Let's talk.

XavantTheEnigma

Smash Journeyman
Infi-tan said:
Originally Posted by Infi-tan View Post
Lucario has more or less even matchups with the entire cast. His moveset and Aura modifier is -that- variable. It all depends on how good YOU are, rather than how good your character is. It's awesome.

Enjoy your stay. Ignore RK Joker and The Bear, chuckle at Xavant and direct any questions to me. <3 Be sure to watch Inner Fire!

-Milln, the Helpcario.
Let's talk.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Actually, you can also direct questions to me. When it comes to reflexes and putting stuff into practice with proper timing, I can't help you there. However, I can help with testing (on weekends) theory, and mental stuff. Milln's all around the best to ask, but if you need help in my specialized area, just speak to me. My topics are generally thought based discussions to prod the community into something. I will only say stupid stuff (lol DT) if I haven't tested in a while. And if you need help winning an argument, I'm here as well. :p

Bolt 145

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I am "ark-angel" just new account becuse i feel i made a bad rep with that... anyway just wanted to make an entrance without making spam so i put it here!! and yea... So i am back! Well while i was gone i got beast with pika (sorry no vids) and i eventualy got myslef back here! so i will se you all around.

Reason i posted here:
ok well, i guess this is a combo/ random thing/shuttur step/look into it. Ok so with luke if you just flick the joystick to the right or left luke moves foward powerd by the aura(i assumue) and i was thinking could this be linked to the shutter step move that millin discoverd (i think) and it could be used to pull out lagless moves? please look into it.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Suppies.

K paranoia time.
So wouldn't we feel dumb if during ES all you had to do was hold A for lucario to attack with it? Like he emitted aura, and it did damage or something?

Its been past a year, and it took us that long to figure out?
(Someone go! check it make sure!)
-t2

@blot (ark angel)
Who's luke?

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Trust me. I tried this crazy stuff. But I still feel like there's some way to make it do damage, like you said. But at least we have ExtremeAwesome...

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Suppies.

K paranoia time.
So wouldn't we feel dumb if during ES all you had to do was hold A for lucario to attack with it? Like he emitted aura, and it did damage or something?

Its been past a year, and it took us that long to figure out?
(Someone go! check it make sure!)
-t2

@blot (ark angel)
Who's luke?
It works. Just make sure you only hold it on frames 1-3, frames 6-7, frame 10, frame 13-16, and frame 23, and it'll be able to KO at ~130% on frame 57.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I'm pretty sure we don't need spam in the Q&A section, myself included.

Milln

Smash Champion
ok well, i guess this is a combo/ random thing/shuttur step/look into it. Ok so with luke if you just flick the joystick to the right or left luke moves foward powerd by the aura(i assumue) and i was thinking could this be linked to the shutter step move that millin discoverd (i think) and it could be used to pull out lagless moves? please look into it.
Whodafuk is millin?

(Also, I didn't discover stutter stepping)

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
hey guys iv started to pick up luca has anyone got any tips for me? i prefer a char with a strong air game ussually thats why i like luca ^^ that and i used to main mewtwo in melee.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
hey guys iv started to pick up luca has anyone got any tips for me? i prefer a char with a strong air game ussually thats why i like luca ^^ that and i used to main mewtwo in melee.
If you ever face someone with a better air game (like jigglypuff), then shield grab a lot. Luc's grab range has excellent vertical range, but he can only grab what his paws can touch horizontally. Force palm grab is a nice alternative to dash attack and has about twice the range as his normal grab.
If you want just general advice, there are several guides and threads here to peruse. If you need more specific advice, aurasmash is correct that you should post a video.

Milln

Smash Champion
If you ever face someone with a better air game (like jigglypuff), then shield grab a lot. Luc's grab range has excellent vertical range, but he can only grab what his paws can touch horizontally. Force palm grab is a nice alternative to dash attack and has about twice the range as his normal grab.
If you want just general advice, there are several guides and threads here to peruse. If you need more specific advice, aurasmash is correct that you should post a video.
Lucario destroys Jigglypuff's aerials whether he's on the ground or in the air with her. Aura > Jerry Curl

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
cool cool will play around with that thx ^^

Give us some videos and we'll help ya.
i would and hopefully will be able to but i need the means to record some stuff ^^ still workin on getting wifi lol

What ariel i use for DI? dair or fair?

Browny

Smash Hater
what? no

Jiggs can just aerial your shield and float back out of your range all day until it breaks or something lol, youre not going to be grabbing a jiggs our of thier aerials often. bair is probably ur best bet to take on jiggs aerials... since they do have hax priority and trading hits with lucarios bair is good, considering the %'s both chars will get KO'd at often respectively :)

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
I thought a grab beats any attack if done properly the grabber still takes dmg but stops the move unlike melee where the grab totally cancels the move. i dunno lol

Palpi

Smash Hero
Grabs, have super armor frames, yes, but Lucario's disjointed hitboxes will just over power jiggs in the air.

(I actually was at 150% with Ike and I pivot wave grab + super armor a fox upsmash, it was pretty)

Milln

Smash Champion
It has to do with controller ports. Higher controller ports usually have higher priority grabs.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
what? no

Jiggs can just aerial your shield and float back out of your range all day until it breaks or something lol, youre not going to be grabbing a jiggs our of thier aerials often. bair is probably ur best bet to take on jiggs aerials... since they do have hax priority and trading hits with lucarios bair is good, considering the %'s both chars will get KO'd at often respectively :)
I don't like using bair to approach or to try to fight jigg's wall of hitboxes because it has a lot of landing and finishing time.

When horizontal, jigg's fair can win or trade, if we're slightly under or above, our fair will win. which can make approaching with fair difficult.

I have some videos of my Lucario so if I want it to be rated where should I post them?
there's a thread for posting vids to be critiqued, but a lot of ppl just make a new thread or post in this one.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
Don't knock it till ya try it.
yes i have already tried fighting jigg's wall of hitboxes using bair. With the long startup and ending lag, it has to be done perfectly. Jiggs does not have to be as perfect with her aerials so ur more likely to make a mistake first. i find it easier to force jigg's to approach using AS and then shield grab.

Chaudgobay

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys think about Green Hill Zone to use as a Lucario counterpick, I'm bored to just use JJ and Luigi's and want to inovate and think Green Hill can be a good one cause she is big and Lucario grab works pretty well with the end of the stage

and want to know what you think about pictochat too

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Best way is to hit them in landing lag when they expect you to go aerial/fsmash or somethin. You could also Fair>Bait airdodge>AS or SH past a grounded opponent (Or fair their shield and keep going) and then turnabout AS.

The Cunning Weasel

Smash Master
What are some good mindgames for fully charged aura sphere to KO?
I like fully charge them and then try to intimidate the opponent on the edge. or keeping jabbing and sidestepping til I see an opening. I mean at high percentages you have to hit and run with lucario. they'll be trying to predict your AS

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
Lucario in Doubles

How exactly does Lucario's stock damage multiplier work in doubles?

Is it calculated by:
-comparing his team's total stock to the other team's total stock?
-comparing his total stock to the other team's total stock?
-comparing his total stock to the other team's average stock?
-comparing his team's average stock to his opponents teams average stock?
-comparing his stock to the player on the other team with the highest/lowest stock?
-comparing his stock to who is the highest/lowest controller number on the other team?
-comparing his stock to his team mate's stock?
-comparing his stock to the average stock of everyone else?

And does team attack being on or off affect how it is calculated?

Milln

Smash Champion
How exactly does Lucario's stock damage multiplier work in doubles?

Is it calculated by:
-comparing his team's total stock to the other team's total stock?
-comparing his total stock to the other team's total stock?
-comparing his total stock to the other team's average stock?
-comparing his team's average stock to his opponents teams average stock?
-comparing his stock to the player on the other team with the highest/lowest stock?
-comparing his stock to who is the highest/lowest controller number on the other team?
-comparing his stock to his team mate's stock?
-comparing his stock to the average stock of everyone else?

And does team attack being on or off affect how it is calculated?
Sounds like something I was researching before I stopped caring because everyone would rather go by a wall of math that they're not going to be able to calculate in their head during a match rather than actual data.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Sounds like something I was researching before I stopped caring because everyone would rather go by a wall of math that they're not going to be able to calculate in their head during a match rather than actual data.
Millns just upset that someone beat him to it, tis all.
*pat's millns back*
-t2

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
What do you guys think about Green Hill Zone to use as a Lucario counterpick, I'm bored to just use JJ and Luigi's and want to inovate and think Green Hill can be a good one cause she is big and Lucario grab works pretty well with the end of the stage

and want to know what you think about pictochat too
GHZ is usually banned, but even if it wasn't, I don't think it would be that great of a lucario stage. Walkoffs in general often lead to early KOs, which is a problem, as well as not allowing us to use our decent edgeguarding options, like offstage AS or Bair walls. Also, the overall shape of the stage is not good for Lucario. The fact that the hill is so steep means we can't play defense unless by the walkoff, as Lucario is a very horizontal character. Allowing more angles of approach means Fsmash and AS become significantly less useful. :<

Pictochat can work well. No real problems there other than maybe closer than usual side blastzones. Many Lucario players love the stage.

Also, be wary about Luigi's Mansion. Lucario may do well on the stage, but there are better characters on the stage, and many characters can beat you there if you don't know what you're doing.

Frigate Orpheon is another common Lucario counterpick, depending on the situation. Despite the small size of the stage, the lack of a ledge during one portion can significantly hinder many recoveries, such as Olimar, Marf, etc. The flipped portion of the stage may screw with Aura Sphere, though.

I'm personally fond of Pirate Ship whenever it's allowed. Most people don't like it, but it's a rather large stage, the fact that there's both a space to edgeguard AND water is really nice, meaning you can still edgeguard properly, while at the same time you won't be gimped any time soon by most characters, but yeah, characters with spikes might spike you, and you gotta be wary of bombs. The music's great, though.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I actually do love pirate ship too, Frigate Orpheon is really good, and as far as I've heard, one of the Poke stadiums is also a decent lucario CP. I don't know why, but I also like Delphino, and since it's a CP in my area, I also like Yoshi's Island (no pipes version).

Veng

Smash Ace
Maybe this is dumb question but, does Azen still use Lucario?

I am trying to improve my Lucario and am not sure who else to look up on youtube except Lee Martin.

Any thoughts?

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
mabye its not as often as he used to.

but yes he uses lucario.

(PS: Trying to copy Azen will get you hurt.)

Top Bottom