• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A thread ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

Trillest

Smash Ace
Heya all Iv been playing luca for about 6 months now but i need to find a second im a huge fan of luigi but i need to cover my weaknesses what do you recommend as a second ?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Maybe this is dumb question but, does Azen still use Lucario?

I am trying to improve my Lucario and am not sure who else to look up on youtube except Lee Martin.

Any thoughts?
Azen has been (lol rhyme) using diddy more recently. Ninjalink has some decent stuff, but he mains everyone, some other good ones are Bloodhawk (if he still uses him), D. Disciple is pretty decent too.
Heya all Iv been playing luca for about 6 months now but i need to find a second im a huge fan of luigi but i need to cover my weaknesses what do you recommend as a second ?
Marth or MK, simply due to good matchups overall.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
just pick random until you find a character you're comfortable with.

IrisKong

Smash Lord
Thoughts on B-Sticking?

Is it neccesary? I was watching the inner fire vids and he seems to put a bit of emphasis on it, what is everyones opinion? I checked the Q&A thread before someone yells at me to check there... If someone already did ask this and i just didnt find it, a link would be cool, otherwise please answer my question and help me out?

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Is it neccesary? I was watching the inner fire vids and he seems to put a bit of emphasis on it, what is everyones opinion? I checked the Q&A thread before someone yells at me to check there... If someone already did ask this and i just didnt find it, a link would be cool, otherwise please answer my question and help me out?
B-sticking isnt neccesary.
It's a fun little trait you can pick up and try and get good with. But its nothing that differs good cario's and bad ones.
It just shows you have class, thats all. Stick too normal lucario play and you'll be fine.

Also the Inner fire vids are a bit outdated, perhaps Milln can update the vids, or make inner fire 26. Both works.
-t2

IrisKong

Smash Lord
Thanks, I have used B-sticking before, I just wasnt sure if it was really needed. I seem to be doing alright without it so meh

Milln

Smash Champion
Thanks, I have used B-sticking before, I just wasnt sure if it was really needed. I seem to be doing alright without it so meh
It's not needed, I just gave it its own video because it took that long to talk about it. XD It's useful, is all it is. I rarely ever use it. =o It's just another trick in your book is all.

loki15

Smash Cadet
So if so many luc topics were closed and top players left the boards and the boards are considered "dying", is Luc just placing really well in tourneys? Cuz something other than "he's just awesome" has to be the reason for his high tier placing.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
His gameplay is solid enough to win tourneys, pretty well balanced and suited for Brawl's gameplay, and good players (Lee, BloodHawk, Azen still uses him a bit too), and no hard counters makes for a good char.
Honestly tho, I think we should get more representation/seriousness on these boards, and just dump our spamminess into the IRC.

loki15

Smash Cadet
Because we left the boards, doesn't mean still don't play.
That's true.

Okay. So out of aura sphere charge, it mentions in the guide that you can shield. However, and I believe I have tested this accurately enough, you can also grab directly out of the charge, even without using shield.

I haven't seen this in the guide, and I'm not sure how useful it is, but I believe it could be helpful with aura sphere charge attack -> pivot grab.

Or something.

Can anyone confirm this, or confirm that this is mentioned somewhere?

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Yes, you can grab out of aura sphere charge. Its a very fun way to be sneaky too. Shielding and grabbing is also an option, and possibly safer one.

ASCA to pivot grab. It sounds logical, but thats some hefty tech's your throwing in there just to mash a growing aura sphere in someones face then grab them.
But it gets points for being classy.
-t2

And Welcome newish members to the board!
Our bed time is around 10ish, so the board closes around then.
XD

loki15

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the welcome. Yeah "newish", I've been around for like 6 months and got an account like 4 months ago. I just haven't posted >.<

What are good OoS options for lucario?
and
This is sort of a general question but, how do you break the habit of rolling?

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
try setting L and R to attack and then play a few matches. Of course you're probably not going to do very well since you can't shield or shield grab, but that's ok since you're only working on a specific habit and not playing to win, but to learn. Once you learn some other things to do instead of rolling, turn L and R back to shield.

Milln

Smash Champion
A better way to do it would be to set L and R to taunt

or play against a competent DK.
Or a competent Marth. Better way is to set them to nothing at all so you'll move in that direction instead of rolling, which is what you need to do, anyway, instead of roll.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
First, is Jab Cancelling a good idea, and how do I do it more effectively with Lucario? Moreso, how do I perform it?

Secondly, anyone got ideas for more effective fastfalling?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
It is a good essential part of learning lucario's jab game, all you do is after the first/second jab, hold down until he stops the previous jab's animation and starts into crouch animation. It allows you to do some more jabs, dtilt, ftilt, utilt, and even tho it's not per se 100% safe/reliable, it is still pretty good to keep in mind.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Thanks for the welcome. Yeah "newish", I've been around for like 6 months and got an account like 4 months ago. I just haven't posted >.<

What are good OoS options for lucario?
and
Thunder Badge

- Do not use aerials with Lucario
- Do not put your shield up
- Do not roll, sidedoge, or airdodge
- Do not use up smash
- Do not Up throw

^This works, too.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
It is a good essential part of learning lucario's jab game, all you do is after the first/second jab, hold down until he stops the previous jab's animation and starts into crouch animation. It allows you to do some more jabs, dtilt, ftilt, utilt, and even tho it's not per se 100% safe/reliable, it is still pretty good to keep in mind.
Don't I know it, thats why I avidly dislike Marth.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
unsafe/unreliable in the fact that if someone can stay grounded after two or has a super invincible thing (lik boozer), it isn't so hot.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Thunder Badge

- Do not use aerials with Lucario
- Do not put your shield up
- Do not roll, sidedoge, or airdodge
- Do not use up smash
- Do not Up throw

^This works, too.
What in the world is this supposed to mean? You're confusing him, and everyone else for that matter.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
Fair, Dair, Aura Sphere and maybe Fsmash also are said to be the best. High Tier would be Bair, Nair and Utilt (+ Throws?). Jab, Uair, Dsmash, Dtilt and Ftilt would be in Mid Tier. The rest are quite situational and are rarely used (I'm looking at Usmash and Double Team). I can't say anything about Force Palm though...

Don't shoot me if you think my opinion is as accurate as... well, something not accurate :p

IrisKong

Smash Lord
Fair, Dair, Aura Sphere and maybe Fsmash also are said to be the best. High Tier would be Bair, Nair and Utilt (+ Throws?). Jab, Uair, Dsmash, Dtilt and Ftilt would be in Mid Tier. The rest are quite situational and are rarely used (I'm looking at Usmash and Double Team). I can't say anything about Force Palm though...

Don't shoot me if you think my opinion is as accurate as... well, something not accurate :p
Force Palm = Awesome.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
It's on the here.
That's pretty old tho.

Good stages really depend on the matchup, but solid ones are Yoshi's Island (brawl), Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes, Luigi's, PS1 (iirc), and the neutrals aren't too bad for him either. Bad stages include Rainbow Cruise, Corneria, Lylat, Luigi's mansion (if going against chars like MK and Olimar), green-greens (if that's viable) and Yoshi's (melee, once again pending if it's legal).

Top Bottom