• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A thread ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
I ask for patience, going through some trouble now.

Need to catch up.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
What color of Lucario is most used? I want to try to and pick the least used color so I can try to be different plox.
Theres a whole thread on this mate.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=192884

Oh and OP, the Lucario Boards like stopped spamming.
So we need our spam back. So I hope this actually brings back the spam, cause all the other cario threads took a HUGE drop in people.
-t2

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
I think Lucario should be banned. How about you guys? I mean, come on, he's a dog that can talk and walk on two legs. So broken.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I think i've got Lucario's interplay down (that's what i call everything besides approaching and camping), but i have trouble approaching. What are the good approaches, in order of reliability?

tedward2000

Smash Champion
No, the mods didn't cause us to leave.

It was everyone going "OH SHI!! Mods are closing things cause they want things too look pretty for the new owners (sorry cant remember their names XP)!"
*activate running around like a ******** chicken mode*
THOOMMM
Threads started taking the plunge, and the Cario boards lost is sparkle.

Mass Hysteria.

Metagame, no matter how useless the steps are or the things we try (looking at you nuro), still needs to be hammered out. We might be able to run things as is atm. But it will get boring, and then the Cario boards will surely die.
Its rather important, and quite frankly the only way we can go.
-t2

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Can anyone answer my question?
It depends on the character your facing. I like approaching with Fair, but not against Marth. I also like shield followed by the jab combo. Against Marth, I've found being a little campy is best. Also, punish a wiffed smash into a predictable but often effective roll-dodge, followed by grab or basic a combo can work.

Tedward - It's not only the mass hysteria. There were several mods in the chatroom closing, and that was my favorite thread. The Mewtwo v. Lucario thread was also closed. All the biggest and most immortal spammy threads were F-smashed. And heck, half of us main Lucario specifically for the community. Kill the mood, kill the community.

Milln

Smash Champion
And heck, half of us main Lucario specifically for the community. Kill the mood, kill the community.
And heck, half of us main Lucario specifically for the community. Kill the mood, kill the community.
Reiterated for truth because this is stupid.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Lol? So I make this thread and it gets closed, but he makes this thread and it stays open? Thats kind of funny. Hell if it works, it works. But I think its kind of dumb they turn down my idea and keep this thread up because we both had the same exact IDEA... Not hating. If it stays up then I'm glad with it. We need one, Doesn't matter who makes it.

Ephyon

Smash Champion

So.
How much do we Luc mainers use Dtilt? Pros and cons with Ftilt? If I remeber correctly, Dtilt hits A TINY BIT behind Luc. :ohwell:

I'm willing to pull off something new, like a Dtilt->Ftilt->Fsmash on low %, do you guys think Dtilt can be used as a combo starter? Or there's too much afterlag?
And no, don't reply with the same old combos please :laugh:

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Lol? So I make this thread and it gets closed, but he makes this thread and it stays open? Thats kind of funny. Hell if it works, it works. But I think its kind of dumb they turn down my idea and keep this thread up because we both had the same exact IDEA... Not hating. If it stays up then I'm glad with it. We need one, Doesn't matter who makes it.
This thread was much older. So it stayed open.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
dtilt has low afterlag, doesn't it? I'd be more concerned with the startup lag of ftilt than the cooldown of dtilt.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
ftilt is useful against spotdodgers, tho. Dtilt is comes out faster, like 9 frames (as opposed to ftilts 14 or so). In actuality, I think that both of these moves have been overlooked, and I think that we should find concise info on how to use these more effectively. They are actually pretty good tilts, tho they are often overlooked.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
Which is Lucario's fastest aerial (for DI purposes) is it fair dair or nair?

Also, D-tilt is actually pretty good. It's kinda hard to explain, but I've found uses for it in my playstyle. Just like a quick attack to do in place of a jab maybe. Or propping them up for a fair-nair.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Which is Lucario's fastest aerial (for DI purposes) is it fair dair or nair?

Also, D-tilt is actually pretty good. It's kinda hard to explain, but I've found uses for it in my playstyle. Just like a quick attack to do in place of a jab maybe. Or propping them up for a fair-nair.
I know that D-air comes out on frame four. I don't know much else, but there is a frame-rate thread. Try the stickies, one of them is useful Lucario links. I'm pretty sure D-air is the fastest, but I need to double-check myself.

EDIT: do we have a thread on Lucario Frame data? I'm having trouble finding it.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Are you talking about the thing that as soon as your attack ends you get your normal DI back? I remember reading in that topic that fair completes on frame 29, dair on 28.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if the rule is whichever starts first or ends first. I think it's starts first though because many characters nairs are used in their DI even though they last for a really long time (Luigi's in particular, his fair ends much faster)

What you're supposed to do is DI, then perform your quickest aerial, then fastfall. I'm just trying to figure out which one to use for Lucario.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
Really now? Okay, then nair is out of the question. So according to what you remember it's dair I should use?

But that brings up another question. If you're hit, would dairing twice be better than dair then fastfall? How many times does it take to cancel out the momentum? We should make a Lucario survival guide that tells you how to DI certain characters' kill moves (Kinda like project "Make everyone better fast" or whatever it was that got discontinued) basing it around Lucario's terrible vertical survivability and the properties of his dair.

Oh and I couldn't find the frame data either so we need a frame data thread too.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
In the topic I read it said that dair from start to finish is 28 frames and fair 29, so dair is 1 frame better for that purpose, though in practice it won't make a difference. dair won't cancel out vertical momentum from a hit, either. Using an attack doesn't let you cancel any momentum, but it lets you use your full DI after the attack completes.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
In the topic I read it said that dair from start to finish is 28 frames and fair 29, so dair is 1 frame better for that purpose, though in practice it won't make a difference. dair won't cancel out vertical momentum from a hit, either. Using an attack doesn't let you cancel any momentum, but it lets you use your full DI after the attack completes.
No, I mean the effect where if you use dair twice, the second time will cancel momentum since you got your full DI back from the first. I'm wondering if this could have the potential to be more effective than fastfalling depending on the hitstun. I'm also wondering if sometimes dair will take 3 tries to cancel momentum and will be therefore inferior.

Oh and the fastfall is what I believe cancels momentum. I know the attack doesn't.

DizzyDevilx

Smash Rookie
Is the a>a>force palm grab a string or a combo? I'm not sure if I'm just doing it wrong but whenever I face faster characters like falco and metaknight they usually can pull off a spot dodge or roll after my second 'a' so that I whiff my force palm and punish me.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Is the a>a>force palm grab a string or a combo? I'm not sure if I'm just doing it wrong but whenever I face faster characters like falco and metaknight they usually can pull off a spot dodge or roll after my second 'a' so that I whiff my force palm and punish me.
Then it's obviously not a combo. A lot of people will naturally hold shield as soon as they see themselves getting hit by the jab combo. And then you grab them.... and they feel ******** as they get chaingrabbed across the stage.

And that is why it works.

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
It can depend on certain characters and how much damage is on them, but for the most part it is a string not a combo.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it's ever a combo, it's just relying on your opponents reaction to holding shield when they get jabbed >_>

What's Lucario's best stage to counter Game and Watch on and how do you use it to you advantage?

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it's ever a combo, it's just relying on your opponents reaction to holding shield when they get jabbed >_>

What's Lucario's best stage to counter Game and Watch on and how do you use it to you advantage?
Well depending on the weight of the character is the relying factor on if they can get out of it or not. Like Bowser can't get out of it but G&W can.

And I would recommend a stage with little platforms. Since he has a erratic projectile it will be very useless to his and that way you see his aerials coming. But I'm pretty new to Lucario so ask someone else to check my work.:laugh:

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
Okay then, what's your best bet for D3? Also, what are, generally speaking, Lucario's best stages overall? Which give him general pluses not factoring in what advantages the opponents get.

(lol trying to keep this thread alive)

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Frigate, Luigi's Mansion (can be risky), and Jungle Japes (also can be risky) are good. My favorite generic counterpick is the Frigate.

What do you guys think Lucario's best neutral stage is?

FD and Battlefield both complement certain aspects of him (Aurasphere/Fsmash walling and aerial combos respectively). I think it actually might be Smashville because it lets him camp but it has that one platform he can apply pressure to, although it won't cause too much trouble if your opponents platform pressure is better (Snake -.-).

Ho-oh

Smash Cadet
Okay then, what's your best bet for D3? Also, what are, generally speaking, Lucario's best stages overall? Which give him general pluses not factoring in what advantages the opponents get.

(lol trying to keep this thread alive)
Well, Lucarios best stages is probably final destination(great for aura sphere), smashville(the same as FD, but you can jump all the way from one ledge to the other to get out of your opponents edgeguard if he uses one that makes you unable to get anywhere else than the ledge, like pika thunder) and luigis mansion(if you use ES 45 degrees and crash in the ceiling of the second floor while you are on the first floor, you will return back to the floor fast and slide, which makes a perfect chance to attack).

Top Bottom