• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLink

Smash Champion
After a while I was hearing "pants off, pants off, pants off, pants off, pants off, pants off" lol

Sails

Smash Ace
I had this weird moment in Delfino Plaza where I started falling through the ground. After the moving platform got to the part of the town before the tower, I started going underground with the moving platform. I saved a replay, but don't have a means to capture it at the moment. When I do, I'll post a vid.

Also, sorry if this has been brought to your attention already. There's obviously a crap-ton of stuff being reported to you, so it's very possible I missed it...
This happens in vBrawl. There are specific ways to trigger it.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Yes and it's intentional. We couldn't remove the infinite part of it in time but then again that's why stalling is banned in tournaments anyway, right?
The stalling rule is very, very bad. You shouldn't rely on it when crafting the game, try and remove all cases where stalling is possible.

also at pound 5 will metal cavern be banned? I've been playing for a few hours and that stage is ridiculously good for marth
Ridiculously good for Marth to the point where you HAVE to ban it out of fear of your opponent picking Marth? No? Then it shouldn't be banned.

Hey, is Brinstar still legal? I just noticed that Ganondorf's Flame Choke through the lava thing still works ;)
^That again^ if people can't win just by picking Ganondorf, it's a legit stage.

I like the Melee stage's resizing, Corneria is viable again, love that stage
Corneria was never viable. My Jigglypuff can 4 stock every other character and player there if I get the lead.

Jonas

Smash Champion
The stalling rule is very, very bad. You shouldn't rely on it when crafting the game, try and remove all cases where stalling is possible.
Seconded. If you're trying to make the ideal competitive Smash game, why incorporate things that are anti-competitive that need to be adressed by external rules?

LLDL

Smash Hero
Had the first Project M demo Wi-Fi tourney last night. http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11483
It was fun as hell. Most fun I've ever had on Brawl wi-fi, ever. I didn't even place well, even though I was the best Melee player in the group. This is a combination of Brawl+ players being able to keep up with project M players using their own techniques when they adjusted, and me not being able to cope with lag. But it's all good! Still blows any brawl wi-fi matches that I've had out of the water. I had fun the whole time. Tech chasing and **** and just wavedashing and tech skill ONLINE was a blast.

We need to come up with an alternate, p2p solution for Project M. Wi-Fi connection is unacceptable! Let's make it happen down the road once other priorities are set straight!

Revven

FrankerZ
Seconded. If you're trying to make the ideal competitive Smash game, why incorporate things that are anti-competitive that need to be adressed by external rules?
It was already explained that we didn't have enough time to fix it, we're not relying on a rule, we wanted to fix it just didn't have enough time.

There's a difference between relying on something and not having enough time to fix something.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Jigglypuff is the only reason the stage should be banned, regardless of why it is banned.

Though the Melee community knows nothing about designing competitive stage lists, so I doubt anything I say will be taken seriously.
Trust me bro insulting people doesn't get you as much credibility as you'd think.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
You must be pretty tender to find "knows nothing about designing competitive stage lists" offensive.

Especially considering that judging by the fact pretty much ever area in the world that plays Melee has the same stage list (starters + PS, Brinstar, RC and KJ64), I'm right.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Don't counter someone telling you to stop insulting people by insulting them.

Trust me it doesn't woooooooork.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I'm not being angry or pointlessly insulting, I'm being blunt.

I just made a passing comment that the majority of Melee players are scrubby, and then I replied to anyone who replied to me. I can't really be blamed for the "dramatic" turn this thread has taken.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
aaaanyways....aren't the team textures and brstms supposed to be in the zip folders?

shanus

Smash Hero
Had the first Project M demo Wi-Fi tourney last night. http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11483
It was fun as hell. Most fun I've ever had on Brawl wi-fi, ever. I didn't even place well, even though I was the best Melee player in the group. This is a combination of Brawl+ players being able to keep up with project M players using their own techniques when they adjusted, and me not being able to cope with lag. But it's all good! Still blows any brawl wi-fi matches that I've had out of the water. I had fun the whole time. Tech chasing and **** and just wavedashing and tech skill ONLINE was a blast.

We need to come up with an alternate, p2p solution for Project M. Wi-Fi connection is unacceptable! Let's make it happen down the road once other priorities are set straight!
any brackets or characters or any stuff saved?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
any brackets or characters or any stuff saved?
The AiB thing takes about a day or so, iirc.

I used Ganondorf and Marth. Ugg used Falcon. There was a Falco that I friendlied. That's what I know off the top of the head.

My connection with Ugg (my r1) was alright for wifi and I know it had effect on both of us, but I saw them doing a fair amount of tech skill in it. I think online play might need a buffer, though.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Monkunit another thing for patch......the bottom ledge for Hyrule Temple lol
Is this on Temple: M or regular Temple? It shouldn't be on regular temple because Strong Bad just used a rel to place vBrawl Temple over Eldin. I'll test out Temple: M later today and fix things up where it is needed.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Kaizo13, thank you for telling me which temple. Was Wario Ware working before the demo? Try making a GCT of just the no crash my music wario ware code. See if that fixes it.

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
aaaanyways....aren't the team textures and brstms supposed to be in the zip folders?
The online installer ask you if you want team colors and other thing I cant remember; what are these things? Are they in the zip files as well?
I've been asking this for a long time. Nobody seems to know what we're talking about, even the developers lol

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I just made a passing comment that the majority of Melee players are scrubby
ROFL.

I like hearing these broad sweeping generalizations about melee, they make me laugh. It doesn't matter if you are from another fighting game community, or if you are a diehard Brawl fan (which actually makes the statement more ironic), it's funny how much hate it gets. Trust me when I say this, the melee community evolved with the game, and if you think that there weren't good reasons to ban certain stages, or if you think Melee players are incapable of stage/game design, then you really need to take a step back and rethink things.

What makes melee players inherently bad at making stages? What would make a Brawl player or someone from another game series, inherently better at making smash stages? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

jalued

Smash Lord
until DI is fixed, i think its impossible to really tell how good a character is from the demo. Don't think any tier list would be accurate until the final release

OverLade

Smash Hero
Is it just me or are level 9s in this game ****?

I've gotten ShineBair'd/Knee combo'd etc over and over. It's kinda gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom