• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I guess the CPUs were practicing in anticipation of Project M, overexcited *******s.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
My friend can not add textures to his copy of project M. Is there a way he can add textures to it, and if not can he do so in the final game?

Revven

FrankerZ
Team textures and brstms are labeled as "Extras (method here)" on the installer. I'm not sure if they were included in the .zips but there you go.

Edit: CyberDragoon, they have to placed in the specific character's folder and be labeled properly. Make sure your friend is labeling the textures so the game can actually read them.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Smk im not sure if they were included in the latest installer....but no they are not in the folders

*goes to chek

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
So this may be a silly question, but maybe someone else out there is having the same issues I am.

Got a new SD card (4 gig SDHC, if it matters), formatted properly, installed the Homebrew option on the SD card with the very easy to use installer. I also included the textures/sounds when prompted in the installer. Once complete, I put the SD card in the Wii, booted up Hombrew, booted Gecko (background for it looks great), and loaded Brawl.

Now, here's what my results were:
- Loading times were surprisingly long
- Only got the basic character select screen with Project M's characters, but no special textures or design of the CSS. Looked like the typical Brawl skin.
- Stage select seemed to have the right stages appropriated, but they were still in their Brawl format. No Melee FD, no Fountain of Dreams, etc. Only the respective Brawl stage placeholders.
- No character textures loaded on the CSS or for gameplay
- My Music remained the same - brstms didn't seem to load
- As far as gameplay went, certain codes seemed to work, like dash-dancing, directional air-dodge, etc. However, any overarching changes beyond that didn't seem to take effect, like if any moves were changed.

My guess is that some/all of the .pacs for character changes or textures didn't load. However, I'm confused as to why that would be, if I just did a fresh install directly on a clean SD card.

Any pointers? Help appreciated.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
It's not that you can't use SDHC, it's that you have to use the Riivolution method if you want to use SDHC.

Unless of course it's an HP-made card. Why oh why can't my Wii read it?

Ah well, at least I can use it as storage.

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
Youko:

1. Hi! I've been following SMYN since the beginning and I LOVE your guys' work! Side note, over the course of the podcast, I've laughed whenever you guys start talking about some over-the-top ridiculous/awesome game proposal, and Panda always says "I'd buy that". Someday I want to make a compilation video of all the crazy games you guys have made up.

2. I had the same issue last night. Here's how I solved it:
-Delete the "codes" and "private" folders off your SD card completely to ensure no possibly-conflicting Brawl hacks remain.
-Run the installer again (I used the Homebrew option).

Hope that helps!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Ah, good to know that it's the SDHC that's the issue with Gecko. I've somehow misplaced my 2 GB SD card that I usually use for Brawl hacks during my apartment move, so that bites.

I'll probably get on the IRC later after I come back from a film shoot. Thanks for offering assistance!

Hey, thanks for the support, Tyrael! We've sure had some crazy ones...Pokemon Ultimate and Mario RTS quickly come to mind, haha. Do you still keep up with the show? If not, check out showmeyournews.com and join our forums!

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Just played the demo last night. Other than landing detection being different (obv.), it feels just like Melee. So far I'm loving what yall have done with Link's B moves, like giving him his Melee grounded upB alongside a buff to his horizontal recovery distance, his N64 'rang with Melee damage and hitstun at close range, and bombs he can actually hit, not to mention making his hero's bow plenty viable for once. I'm also loving his Brawl A moves on steroids. :D Great job on buffing him; it's so much fun being able to truly combo with this guy!

Also, P:M's freaking amazing and whatnot, yall are doing great so far, keep at it, blahblahblah. :)

Ulevo

Smash Master
So yeah. Project M is awesome, and me being me, I decided to add some personal aesthetic touches. I think you guys will enjoy what I've done.

I'd post a teaser picture, but apparently my iPhone sucks during daylight hours, so I'll wait until I'm finished and I'll post a video.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I feel like Neko would be the one to speak Internet in real life, usually through the means of magically creating ASCII symbols out of thin air.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Please, JCaesar, English is struggling to stay alive these days. Don't expect everyone to understand English when 1337 is more popular. XD

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
One of my favorite taunt cancels is Mario's uptaunt, just because it's so efficient. You get that huge growing noise without having to do anything.

Just don't mess it up.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
You can all speak French, if push comes to shove. If USA becomes French, all of business will shift to French and Quebec will conquer Canada idologically, then I'll take it over, and then the world! Will try it with friends this weekend and write an article next week. Wait for it :)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Do you speak English as well as Internet?
I do. Quite well actually. And I've shown such multiple times in this thread. <3

And I love you too JCz.

I feel like Neko would be the one to speak Internet in real life, usually through the means of magically creating ASCII symbols out of thin air.
LOL. I've been told I act and speak the same way in real life as I do on the net.

Please, JCaesar, English is struggling to stay alive these days. Don't expect everyone to understand English when 1337 is more popular. XD
Fun Fact: My facebook language setting is not english, but infact...leet speak.

Hahahahahaha.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Hehehe, CPUs airdodging as a "momentum cancel". Oh yeah, that momentum cancelled alright.

:D

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Xinc.Counter();
public class Counter
{
Xinc.FalconPunch(Ulevo);
}
Wrong. In your example, you use Counter as a function, then you define Counter as a class....with a function call as the body. You also use the function BEFORE the declaration

The only way your code can make sense is if Xinc is either a namespace with static functions, or an instance of a class with the methods "Counter" and "FalconPunch".

If it is a instance variable, it shouldn't be captialized.

failpropercodingjokeoverkillresponse

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
why don't lv 9s l cancel? i'm also amazed you got cpus to do anything. and falco just suicide daired me like a boss

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Why is it surprising that CPU's don't L-cancel? They don't recognize the function at all. Of course they aren't going to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom