• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
We didn't touch the AI. It's not a priority of ours. Whatever the CPUs are doing, they are doing it with their vBrawl AI.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Wrong. In your example, you use Counter as a function, then you define Counter as a class....with a function call as the body. You also use the function BEFORE the declaration

The only way your code can make sense is if Xinc is either a namespace with static functions, or an instance of a class with the methods "Counter" and "FalconPunch".

If it is a instance variable, it shouldn't be captialized.

failpropercodingjokeoverkillresponse

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE

Ulevo

Smash Master
Wrong. In your example, you use Counter as a function, then you define Counter as a class....with a function call as the body. You also use the function BEFORE the declaration

The only way your code can make sense is if Xinc is either a namespace with static functions, or an instance of a class with the methods "Counter" and "FalconPunch".

Count on Dantarion to call you out on coding jokes. :cool:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I had a CPU Pillar me... and then UAir me... and then kill me near the top of the screen with Shine.

I was like WTF wat?

Ecks

Smash Lord
wait can cpu's moonwalk? cause I just saw link doing an accidental dashdance into moonwalk. He also kept suiciding with fair when I stood on that cloud thingy on yoshi's :D

He killed me like three times with that lol

Vigilante

Smash Lord
That's probably because they still think they're doing the thrown shine. So they jump as soon as they can to get to your height. The thrown shine makes you unable to move during the shine, so the AI probably hasn't been programmed to keep the reflector up for a given amount of time.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm actually working on a WTF WAT combo video of CPUs comboing people.

It's going to be a combination of all the brawl mods, as well as vBrawl.

Damn CPU Ganon FAir -> FAir -> STUTTERSTEP FSmash -> Footstool -> Wizkick Spike AND THEN HE RECOVERED. (in vBrawl btw)

Azurie

Smash Cadet
Good work on Project M guys. As a doc main who could never get a handle on regular mario in melee, I think you've captured the perfect balance for nurse mario. And I love how ridiculously broken the cape is now. Though all my friends hate it, lol.

skrach8

Smash Lord
on a side note marth's nair is awesome mid combo, but i feel it falls a bit short as a zoning tool, compared to its melee counterpart. There other minor differences which I feel are directly tied to LD...... so there is no need to go into depth bout that.

THE ONLY THING LEFT IS TO MAKE THAT FSMASH TIP SOUND LIKE THE THUNDER OF THE GODS WHEN IT CONNECTS!!

Ecks

Smash Lord
Is it possible to have the ai auto l cancel? I figured that'd be easier than making them use the l button command and get the timing right.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481

Wasn't thinking properly in Java. >.<'' I'll make sure about it next time :p

Count on Dantarion to call you out on coding jokes. :cool:
:p Har har har.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
That would be in the Brawl coding itself wouldn't it? The computer rewrites part of its code to learn more...? So that would be a memory thing too :p

BTW which character's have spikes, not meteors.?

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings

its just easier to just not use java at all.

Big Moose

Smash Cadet
Good new: P:M rocks and I haven't touched Melee since I downloaded the demo.
Bad news: I still have no clue what my sig is from.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
From the information you've provided, I'm certain it was on purpose specifically to spite you.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Have you not been able to edit ledge roll distances? PM Ganon's ledge roll is pitiful in comparison to his Melee ledge roll. For him to go from having one of the longest rolls to one of the shortest is frustrating.

Revven

FrankerZ
Have you not been able to edit ledge roll distances? PM Ganon's ledge roll is pitiful in comparison to his Melee ledge roll. For him to go from having one of the longest rolls to one of the shortest is frustrating.
We can... just that again, not enough time to do it. A demo is a demo is a demo is a demo, demo.

Rikter

Smash Cadet
Ganondorf looks pretty good using Melee animations with his Brawl design. And I can actually Wavedash with Game and Watch who was the only character I was able to do it consistently with in Melee.

leelue

Smash Lord
let's say that over a voyage of months, a large majority of the users and developers get used to the Di and landing detection as is. We get that some combos just are more easily broken, and that ganon has trouble with characters that arelow to the ground (etc).
What are the odds that these things may just get integrated into the metagame and accepted over time?

edit: meaning the team will stop trying to change them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom