• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Lucas has a ridiculous wavedash. It's almost freaking mewtoo sized and I love it. also, CPU Lucas showed me a problem on Fountain of Dreams. he was using the pk thunder recovery, riding up the side of the stage, but just before he got to the ledge, something pushed him away. This happened twice.

GPDP

Smash Ace
We can... just that again, not enough time to do it. A demo is a demo is a demo is a demo, demo.
I was pointing it out because I remember some time ago you all were saying you couldn't, so I was wondering if that was still the case. Plus, there was that Falcon PAC Magus released a few pages back which fixed an issue with his UpB, so I wondered if the same could be done for Ganon. But if you don't patch it at this point, I understand. Demo demo demo, etc.

shanus

Smash Hero
I was pointing it out because I remember some time ago you all were saying you couldn't, so I was wondering if that was still the case. Plus, there was that Falcon PAC Magus released a few pages back which fixed an issue with his UpB, so I wondered if the same could be done for Ganon. But if you don't patch it at this point, I understand. Demo demo demo, etc.
all ledgerolls will need to be examined. It;s a time intensive process and very data crunching heavy to edit every animation for each character. It'll be done, but not yet.

Revven

FrankerZ
If we did that it would also need to be done every single Melee character too which would take some time that I'm pretty sure will take more than a few days to do if they don't match Melee. The CF thing is a quick fix whereas this is time consuming...

Don't get used to us patching the demo unless there's glitches like the BF collisions and Marth's Up B. Once there are no more glaring issues, the demo likely won't see any updates after those are fixed.

Konner

Smash Cadet
Project M with custom music is like Melee with fancy clothes.

This is awesome. Thank you, developers. You've created a freakin' awesome game.

GPDP

Smash Ace
all ledgerolls will need to be examined. It;s a time intensive process and very data crunching heavy to edit every animation for each character. It'll be done, but not yet.
If we did that it would also need to be done every single Melee character too which would take some time that I'm pretty sure will take more than a few days to do if they don't match Melee. The CF thing is a quick fix whereas this is time consuming...

Don't get used to us patching the demo unless there's glitches like the BF collisions and Marth's Up B. Once there are no more glaring issues, the demo likely won't see any updates after those are fixed.
Alright, fair enough. I had a feeling it wouldn't be a simple matter to fix. And there is of course the whole matter of "opening the flood gates" when it comes to patching characters for what's meant to be a simple demo. Thanks for the responses, though. I have full faith this will all be dealt with eventually.

Oracle

Smash Master
Thanks for the help shanus. Just a thought: any chance that you'll just release characters as dlc in the future, now that everyone has the current build? (as an open beta type thing, obviously the whole thing is still being worked on)

GPDP

Smash Ace
Thanks for the help shanus. Just a thought: any chance that you'll just release characters as dlc in the future, now that everyone has the current build? (as an open beta type thing, obviously the whole thing is still being worked on)
I'm pretty sure no characters will be added until all of them are ready, at which point we'll either be playing a true near-final beta or the finished product.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
What the hell did you guys edit in the camera inside the stage.pacs? I've been trying to edit the camera on some other stages but I can't find out what you do to control how far it can zoom in and zoom out and such

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Question: Is there a way to make the AI in P:M L-cancel? Like, make a formula that forces them to l-cancel?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Is this on Temple: M or regular Temple? It shouldn't be on regular temple because Strong Bad just used a rel to place vBrawl Temple over Eldin. I'll test out Temple: M later today and fix things up where it is needed.
Not sure if this issue is still present in PM (not sure how MK's glide works), but in vBrawl at-least it is a very good scrooging stage. He can waste heaps of time below it and has two routes to get back up.

Corneria is banned because of several glitches and Fox.

Just saying.
What "glitches"?

And Fox is no where near powerful enough there to deserve a stage ban.

That's why I said that Puff is the reason it should be banned, not the reason it is banned, though.

ROFL.

I like hearing these broad sweeping generalizations about melee, they make me laugh. It doesn't matter if you are from another fighting game community, or if you are a diehard Brawl fan (which actually makes the statement more ironic), it's funny how much hate it gets. Trust me when I say this, the melee community evolved with the game, and if you think that there weren't good reasons to ban certain stages, or if you think Melee players are incapable of stage/game design, then you really need to take a step back and rethink things.

What makes melee players inherently bad at making stages? What would make a Brawl player or someone from another game series, inherently better at making smash stages? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.
I'm a power ranked Melee player, ;).

The reason the majority of Melee players (as reflected by the conservative stage list in almost every area of the world) are scrubby is because they ban things that don't deserve banning.

You ONLY ban uncompetitive aspects. That's right, not gay things, not glitches, not "oh, Fox is pretty strong here". ONLY uncompetitive things.

Going by that, the only stages that should be banned in Melee are either:
a) Game-changing, random elements that can't be reasonably prepared for in advance or re-acted to when they happen. I can't think of any stage examples in Melee, but items are a pretty obvious non-stage example.
b) Stages that marginalize skill and depth to the point where the better player can't consistently win. Any stage that allows for circle camping (most notably, Temple) fit this criteria. As well as some others like Icicle Mountain.
c) The game can't support competition in the first place. This obviously isn't the case in any stage in Melee, because it's a multiplayer versus game, players will always be able to compete. Even in other modes, they can compare scores.

I don't make claims I can't back up with logic, the majority of the Melee community is scrubby, whether you like it or not.

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
I'm kinda having a problem. Whenever I go into "my music" on PM and select the Metal Mario stage (which I guess is technically mushroomy kingdom) the game will freeze. It doesn't do this with any other stage for me, which is really weird. What's even weirder is that I tried loading up completely normal, nonhacked brawl and when I went to "my music" and selected mushroomy kingdom, the game still froze! Is there a fix to this or do I just have bad luck lol

Vigilante

Smash Lord
About computers being ****, the AI was better in Brawl, and sicne computers are a series of input and outputs, they consistently do things like shield grabbing. They really don't act much different from Brawl. level nines were agressive, and with less lag, and more speed, they can move in faster.They adapted well to Project M because the game doesn't differ by this much. Values have been changed, but it still will attept to recover when off stage and will still try to hurt you. Although I do admit that I am surprised that it transitioned so well.

Of course, there is the occasional suicide, but they do make better practice targers than Melee level nines.

Edit: Fixed, apparently.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'm kinda having a problem. Whenever I go into "my music" on PM and select the Metal Mario stage (which I guess is technically mushroomy kingdom) the game will freeze. It doesn't do this with any other stage for me, which is really weird. What's even weirder is that I tried loading up completely normal, nonhacked brawl and when I went to "my music" and selected mushroomy kingdom, the game still froze! Is there a fix to this or do I just have bad luck lol
Sounds like a My Music glitch. It happens from time to time.

Make this into a .gct and test it out:
Mushroomy Kingdom (Above and Below) My Music Reset
4A000000 9017EC6C
14000000 00002714
14000004 00000432
14000008 00002723
1400000C 00000432
14000010 0000271D
14000014 00000432
14000018 00002715
1400001C 00000532
14000020 00002716
14000024 00240532
14000028 00002717
1400002C FFFF0532
E0000000 80008000

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like a My Music glitch. It happens from time to time.

Make this into a .gct and test it out:
Mushroomy Kingdom (Above and Below) My Music Reset
4A000000 9017EC6C
14000000 00002714
14000004 00000432
14000008 00002723
1400000C 00000432
14000010 0000271D
14000014 00000432
14000018 00002715
1400001C 00000532
14000020 00002716
14000024 00240532
14000028 00002717
1400002C FFFF0532
E0000000 80008000
Thanks a lot for this :)

And sorry to sound like a complete noob here, but how am I going to get that into a .gct file? I haven't really ever had to do that before lol

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Great to see the release of P:M. Just have a question, will there be a loader that gives you the option to load between P.M and vBrawl? I would prefer to play either one without having to take the SD card to my desktop and renaming the files everytime I want to switch between the two.

inB4lolyoustillplayvbrawl?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Thanks a lot for this :)
And sorry to sound like a complete noob here, but how am I going to get that into a .gct file? I haven't really ever had to do that before lol
Check out this thread. Codemanager is the program you want.
Great to see the release of P:M. Just have a question, will there be a loader that gives you the option to load between P.M and vBrawl? I would prefer to play either one without having to take the SD card to my desktop and renaming the files everytime I want to switch between the two.
How are you loading the game? Because you could just not do that. Aka, don't load the game via Gecko, or if you're doing the Hackless option, don't look at your stages. ;)

shanus

Smash Hero

inB4lolyoustillplayvbrawl?
just use the hackless method, and don't boot stage builder if you don't want to play PM :)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That, or just take the SD card out when you're going to play vBrawl. :p

To the above: I'll make one and upload it for you! :)

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Is that Captain Falcon fix from a few pages back "official"? Like, should we all add it to our games? Or are you not recognizing it until the next update/demo/beta/release where it will be included?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Can someone shoot me that list of replaced stages? I wamt to get those music hacks done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom