• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Ok, L canceling is easy as hell, but something as simple as wavedashing and doing a downsmash is nearly impossible, with Link I just wavedash and hit down on the C-stick but he just stands there, anyone else have trouble like this? I'm not using the buffer so is it just my timing that it off, I also screw up on wavedashing a lot but never miss an L cancel

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You're not waiting enough. 10 frames after you land with a waveland then you can dsmash.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
lol i think people are forgetting the part where they need to practice before they start complaining about things they aren't able to perform technically.. >_>... lrn2techskill

황미영

Smash Champion
Yo so like, I was playing Brawl today with a friend who doesn't even play the game that much. After trying to watch a replay on Brawl of Project M I noticed it looked odd as hell. xD So I put Project M in . Then we started playing and he was all like "I like Melee's gameplay better." ;O

So kids, give it a try. :D

Kati

Smash Lord
So I have a text file of the codes. They weren't given to me nor have I the intent of giving them out. If I were to try to implement my old codes from Brawl+, how successful would I be? In the unsorted aka "unknown" codes are there lines present to prevent other characters or stages from being used? I remember someone asking how this, before the demo came out, but I don't think I ever saw the reply.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So I have a text file of the codes. They weren't given to me nor have I the intent of giving them out. If I were to try to implement my old codes from Brawl+, how successful would I be? In the unsorted aka "unknown" codes are there lines present to prevent other characters or stages from being used? I remember someone asking how this, before the demo came out, but I don't think I ever saw the reply.
There are. I wouldn't suggest you do so.

Kati

Smash Lord
@ StrongBad thank you, I'm glad that you aren't upset nor did I have to try to find it out only to be foiled.

While I understand your stance on characters, is there a problem with stage modifying (assuming you have something to block such), such as a different sss? Using Dantarion's alternate stage loader, I amassed a large variety of stages.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
We know about the issue. We didn't have time to implement a new DJC code before we released the demo. Thanks for your concerns.
and what do you mean by this? that you're getting rid of hold jump to rise/let go of jump to fall?

Don't.

You could create a way to DJC with X and Y separately.

Like make X the DJC jump whilst Y is the vBrawl option for Ness/Yoshi/M2/Lucas.

That way ppl can mash the hell outta DJC and not double jump by accident.
I don't think that'd work, particularly if people have remapped one of their jump buttons to utaunt for footstools...

Revven

FrankerZ
and what do you mean by this? that you're getting rid of hold jump to rise/let go of jump to fall?

Don't.
We mean as far as refining it goes. It's definitely not as efficient coding wise compared to how we code things now in PSA. It probably won't get changed in the demo at all but you can expect in the final release for DJC to be more efficient to perform (without removing rising aerials).

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
from the interview:

Dantarion has pioneered a method called the “Clone Engine” which is designed to enable the addition of entirely new characters to the game without any trade-offs. The clone engine isn’t quite complete yet, but mostly works on simple characters (i.e. no projectiles). We have a big “?” on our character screen on our site, so hopefully people get excited about who it could be!

The clone engine isn’t quite complete yet, but mostly works on simple characters (i.e. no projectiles).
(i.e. no projectiles)

ROY'S OUR BOY!

10roy4pmconfirmz'd

Xyless

Smash Master
I'll be a broken record (I assume it's been brought up). With Wiimote/Nunchuk use, you've disabled the ability to set new DPad controls to their proper directional smash (aka DPad Up does whatever direction you press + smash instead of USmash). I know this relates to the Unrestricted Control Editing code, but I was wondering if you guys could figure out a way to fix this.

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
When was the last time you had an adrenaline rush from playing Brawl?

Never. That's right.

Now go play Project: M.
I have, while playing, rather recently. Though I'm a pretty casual fellow, so I can get an adrenaline rush playin' pretty much any of the Brawl codesets.

I gotta say though, playing this reminded me how badly I sucked at Melee, hehe. I'm liking this! Though getting used to Melee G&W is hard for me, I mained him in Brawl and Brawl+ but I never really played him in Melee.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
You're not waiting enough. 10 frames after you land with a waveland then you can dsmash.
Kinda thought so, thanks

lol i think people are forgetting the part where they need to practice before they start complaining about things they aren't able to perform technically.. >_>... lrn2techskill
Oh I'm not complaining about the gameplay, if anything I'm complaining about how long it's taking myself to get it right lol, I love the techskill and the fact that you need to practice, but I also don't have a lot of time to play games so I should probably use a slight buffer to make up for that

Also, would anyone be so kind as to tell me how to moonwalk, do you just dash in one direction then the other? I've been trying to figure it out for a while

Chepe

Smash Lord
I guess not playing Melee for so long does this, but I'm having trouble using the R and L buttons to do most techs that required the shield button in Melee. I used the Y button for shielding in other Brawl mods, but in Project M it's not convenient for me since I have to press it right after my X jump and then I don't have easy access to A...

Does anyone have a good setup for shielding that uses another clicky button? I don't want to rely on those pressure-sensitive R and L...

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I doN,t know, Chepe, but one thing you could do it just lightly twitch on it. The L and R buttons don,t need a complete press for L-Canceling and wavedash to work.

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
Kinda thought so, thanks

Oh I'm not complaining about the gameplay, if anything I'm complaining about how long it's taking myself to get it right lol, I love the techskill and the fact that you need to practice, but I also don't have a lot of time to play games so I should probably use a slight buffer to make up for that

Also, would anyone be so kind as to tell me how to moonwalk, do you just dash in one direction then the other? I've been trying to figure it out for a while
The way I figured it out is like, you dash in one direction, and you kinda roll the joystick downwards to the opposite direction really quickly, and hold it in the opposite direction.

Chepe

Smash Lord
I doN,t know, Chepe, but one thing you could do it just lightly twitch on it. The L and R buttons don,t need a complete press for L-Canceling and wavedash to work.
I see, I was wondering why I shielded so frequently after a wavedash... Thanks for letting me know. Guess I better practice against level 1s or something for a while.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I haven't been logged on here in over a year, but I wanted to give my two cents on the demo. First of all its fantastic. I love the stages, the characters, the physics. Everything is nearly perfect. That said I do have a couple suggestions:

1) Biggest complaint of all has to be Zelda's new B> attack. While I like the idea of giving it a different use, keep in mind that this is a Melee veteran and shouldn't be so drastically changed. Maybe allow her to have both types of fire (the new one by canceling?)
2) Some of the new stages musics aren't right. I would look into picking some of the weaker tracks (25m for example) and replacing them with Dream Land 64, Fourside (if its not already in. I can't remember), Metal Mario 64, etc.
3) I haven't played as C. Falcon yet since due to time constraints, but please tell me his chain link sound when he runs is gone!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The way I figured it out is like, you dash in one direction, and you kinda roll the joystick downwards to the opposite direction really quickly, and hold it in the opposite direction.
Think of a dash dance, but don't let the control stick hit neutral position (the center) as you rotate downwards to the opposite side. Also, the faster you go from hitting the stick forward to reaching the other side, the more noticeable effect. You'll want to mess around with it in Slow Smash (under Special Versus) so you get a feel for when your character is about to turn around after a moonwalk. The longer you can hold it out, the more momentum you get. Also, the jump startup adds a few frames onto the moonwalk effect too.

By the way (note to developers), this is a pretty minor thing about moonwalking, but I've noticed that during jump startup the moonwalking character visually turns around but is still technically facing the initial dash direction. Does this have to do with combination of the moonwalking and RAR mechanics?

I haven't been logged on here in over a year, but I wanted to give my two cents on the demo. First of all its fantastic. I love the stages, the characters, the physics. Everything is nearly perfect. That said I do have a couple suggestions:

1) Biggest complaint of all has to be Zelda's new B> attack. While I like the idea of giving it a different use, keep in mind that this is a Melee veteran and shouldn't be so drastically changed. Maybe allow her to have both types of fire (the new one by canceling?)
My friend said the same thing until he started coming up with all the ways it can be used. It was replaced because it was crap in Melee and not much better in Brawl. And low to bottom tier Melee veterans are going to be at least somewhat changed given that minor tweaks don't really boost them enough.

3) I haven't played as C. Falcon yet since due to time constraints, but please tell me his chain link sound when he runs is gone!
They are indeed gone :D

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
Guys, don't know if this has been posted already, but I just discovered that LUCAS CAN USE SPECIAL MOVES AFTER ANY AIR DODGE ANGLED DOWNWARDS BEFORE GOING TO SPECIAL FALL ANIMATION.

You can do nifty tricks with this, try it.

Msingh0

Smash Apprentice
hey guys, I was using falco, and found that when SHFFL'ing If I fast fall too quick Falco's gun doesn't fire. maybe I'm not pressing B quick enough? maybe its LD? I can pull it off quite consistently, its just randomly.

Scufo

Smash Apprentice
Guys, don't know if this has been posted already, but I just discovered that LUCAS CAN USE SPECIAL MOVES AFTER ANY AIR DODGE ANGLED DOWNWARDS BEFORE GOING TO SPECIAL FALL ANIMATION.

You can do nifty tricks with this, try it.
uh

does he go into special fall after using the special

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Thank god. I'm also a little bummed by how long it takes to transform. I understand its to balance the Zelda/Sheik combo, but why not make some/most of the animation have invincibility frames? That lets the opponent approach while you're transforming but makes it possible to switch between forms mid battle. Maybe it isn't as much of a problem as I think it is though. I was forced to only play vs computers so maybe its easier with humans. I doubt it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom