• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Msingh0

Smash Apprentice
Huge sad face. Have you guys checked out it's applicability? Lucas combos with this like awesomesauce.

Besides, where would Melee be without a few marvelous imperfections, hm?
Melee's imperfections spread to most if not all characters. This kind of thing would upset the balance of the game.

EDIT 1: oops, sorry for the double post. forgot to use the edit button.

EDIT 2: Also, is there any word on how the ice climbers would work? if you don't edit the AI then nana might end up trying to use the airdodge to recover, and it would be very easy to edgeguard her.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Melee's imperfections spread to most if not all characters. This kind of thing would upset the balance of the game.

oops, sorry for the double post. forgot to use the edit button.
not necessarily, its just another option for lucas to use. not every character gets the same length wavedash, do they?

i agree with ulevo, you should probably look at potential applications for airdodge canceling (and perhaps even implement it on a wider scale!) rather than blindly removing it

Ulevo

Smash Master
I'm not arguing that it would or wouldn't effect the balance of the game. I mean, if Lucas doesn't need it, remove it, sure. But this is a demo. If anything, it'd be great for something like this to see play until the final version.

And not all glitches or exploits spread to every character. Samus's SWD is a perfect example.

Msingh0

Smash Apprentice
not necessarily, its just another option for lucas to use. not every character gets the same length wavedash, do they?

i agree with ulevo, you should probably look at potential applications for airdodge canceling (and perhaps even implement it on a wider scale!) rather than blindly removing it
Yeah, I see your point, didn't think about that too much lol

I'm not arguing that it would or wouldn't effect the balance of the game. I mean, if Lucas doesn't need it, remove it, sure. But this is a demo. If anything, it'd be great for something like this to see play until the final version.

And not all glitches or exploits spread to every character. Samus's SWD is a perfect example.
Yeah you have a point, I have limited experience with melee (especially since I haven't played in the past 2 years) , I guess you would have a better understanding.

User33

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to at least see a video of the glitch (Plus aren't you going to upload a video of all your stages and stuff anyways Ulevo?)

Vigilante

Smash Lord
The PMBR said not to upload a video about the glitch, please listen to them before they regret handing out a demo. You want an open beta, do you?

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
The way I figured it out is like, you dash in one direction, and you kinda roll the joystick downwards to the opposite direction really quickly, and hold it in the opposite direction.

Cool I'll try that out

BTW, this game is SOOO much more awesome when playing against another human, my brother and me kinda suck but still, I'll upload some videos maybe, Link is awesome

Ulevo

Smash Master
I think JCaesar more or less asked me not to because it wouldn't matter anyway, not because they're worried about publicity of a glitch in Project M.

Either way, I'd prefer to upload a video for the sake of displaying the utility it has. I don't know exactly how soon they plan on patching the demo, or if they've already done it a few times by now.

User33

Smash Journeyman
The PMBR said not to upload a video about the glitch, please listen to them before they regret handing out a demo. You want an open beta, do you?
Strong suck-up. There hasn't even been a PMBR consensus anyways, just one developer saying not to while another saying they'll consider leaving it in.

Revven

FrankerZ
Strong suck-up. There hasn't even been a PMBR consensus anyways, just one developer saying not to while another saying they'll consider leaving it in.
None of the PMBR ever said we'd consider leaving it in... it's not an intended technique and it probably doesn't look natural in any way.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I just wanted to mention about the Zelda/Sheik thing: what BBrawl does (as of v2) is to put the Zelda and Sheik .pac files on the SD card. The problem with this is that the loading times will vary depending on whether you're using Gecko OS (fastest), Riivolution on an SD card, or Riivolution on a USB drive (quite slow). I think it's better for the loading time to be predictable, which would mean leaving the .pac files off and having the game load them from the disc.

About the lucas glitch: will a new version be released to fix this, or will the release cycle stay the same (i.e. no new release for a while)?

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
I would suggest leaving it in but if he can only use psi magnet and pk freeze and the distance he covers is lowered.

It's too powerful in its current state. You can pseudo waveshine covering large distances with it. Not to mention that if you use it to recover, he will do it better than Jigglypuff.

EDIT: on second thought, forget about lowering the distance. You would have to mess with the airdodge momentum to do that.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
and spontaneously sliding around the ground with no plausible force behind it looks cooooompletely natural.

moonwalking looks natural too.

"hey look i'm running this way"

"wait now i'm sliding backwards ... okay"

User33

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I think uploading a video would allow the developers to determine if it looks/seems natural or not. I'm not sure why censorship is necessary is in this situation

Ulevo

Smash Master
Recovery wise, this would only aid Lucas if he was high above the stage to begin with. It won't help his recovery upwards. It is a boost to his recovery in that aspect.

What I particularly like is its applicability to PK Freeze, which previously was unable to be used as an approach tool because PK Freeze had push back that sent Lucas backwards.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
The glitch is completely broken. You can basically fly in an almost-horizontal line across the stage with it with a bit of practice. It definitely needs to be removed.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
The glitch is completely broken. You can basically fly in an almost-horizontal line across the stage with it with a bit of practice. It definitely needs to be removed.
the airdodge needs to be angled downwards, so no, you can't.

requiring a downward angle also negates it's ability to be used to help his recover.
besides, zap jumping, magnet pulling, tether, etc already makes his recovery one of, if not THE best in the game.

Revven

FrankerZ
About the lucas glitch: will a new version be released to fix this, or will the release cycle stay the same (i.e. no new release for a while)?
We are already planning a patch that will fix many of the issues already stated in this thread and the Lucas thing will most likely be included in that. Can't say how soon it'll be but it will definitely be before Pound V (which should give you a good idea how soon that is). Since you know... there's some really important glitches we need to fix.

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
I've been playing this since it came out, and I love it so far. I was never a very good player, I could wavedash a little bit, but I didn't realize how much I missed Melee. I think my favorite thing right now is the flash when you L-cancel. In Melee, I gave up trying to L-cancel, but now I can see that I'm actually able to do it somewhat consistently. It's really helped me out and I'm sure it'll help a lot of other players.

I've been looking forward to trying offense up since I first saw it and now I love the crap out of it. I've really enjoyed playing Lucas so far, and that's a big reason why. It feels so natural that I almost forget that it wasn't there to begin with. I'm really enjoying Zelda too. Din's Fire seemed really weird at first, but it's great for mindgames.

I have a quick question; I haven't been following the project very closely (too much random bullcrap in this thread to sift through), so I'm sorry if this has been covered before. I noticed that when I fall with my back to the ledge normally, I won't grab it, but I will during the helpless fall. Is that intentional? Personally, I like it because I used to kill myself in Melee all the time by accidentally changing direction when I tried to recover with some characters.

Keep up the good work; I can't wait until the final version's out and I can play with Ice Climbers. I'm dying to have Melee Ice Climbers back.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It was an old global glitch in the Melee Air Dodge coding. Some characters with animation-based Double Jumps (Ness, Yoshi, Lucas) had their Melee Air Dodge coded directly into their files, and this coding is still the old code. It's in no way intentional.
Honestly, I think uploading a video would allow the developers to determine if it looks/seems natural or not. I'm not sure why censorship is necessary is in this situation
It's easy for us to perform, so we don't need a video to demonstrate. In fact, we performed it for months back when the glitch was global.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
the airdodge needs to be angled downwards, so no, you can't.
You can basically fly in an almost-horizontal line
You get get about about 10 degrees down. That's still pretty horizontal.

I noticed that when I fall with my back to the ledge normally, I won't grab it, but I will during the helpless fall. Is that intentional? Personally, I like it because I used to kill myself in Melee all the time by accidentally changing direction when I tried to recover with some characters.
That's intentional. Glad to hear you're liking the game!

crush

Smash Master
you guys will fix ledge techs before pound 5 right? im tired of getting pwned by marths down tilt. and does anyone else notice that theres way too much shield stun when falcon does his get up attack on someones shield?

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I only messed around for an hour because I have to get back to studying. Lucas can't magnet pull out of a full hop PKF on level ground, and he seems to have lost his variability with his zap jumps. In vBrawl you could control the height of the jump by making different directional inputs. This is either gone or the difference is negligible.

Feels great as expected. Love how the swords look. I don't know if you changed the effect or if the smaller characters make it look somewhat different, but I like it.

Revven

FrankerZ
Ledgeteching before Pound V? Probably not gonna happen. Any big gameplay mechanic changes like that will not occur for this demo. Only glaring issues will get fixed...

NxtGenFalco93

Smash Apprentice
Why is falcon's gentleman a-a-z now require you hold z? i assume its coding but idk
other than that the only thing that annoy's me is that you need to let go of your shield button to wavedash OoS, i normally shield with L and wavedash out by pressing R. and i assume that has somthing to do with coding as well

Revven

FrankerZ
The OP clearly explains what's wrong with wavedash OoS if you read it and why we haven't been able to fix it yet.

That's... kinda why I said the other day to read the OP before playing or reporting anything.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
Why is falcon's gentleman a-a-z now require you hold z? i assume its coding but idk
other than that the only thing that annoy's me is that you need to let go of your shield button to wavedash OoS, i normally shield with L and wavedash out by pressing R. and i assume that has somthing to do with coding as well

this was addressed before but basically Brawl reads L R and Z input as the same. in melee L R and Z were read as different inputs so u could shield with L and then use R to wavedash. so hence why its more difficult to do.

edit: ninja'd by falco400

Ulevo

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJwzpe5Gr60

Here's the video for those of you who are curious about the glitch.

I'm perfectly aware that it's being removed, but exploring utility and applicability of new things is not bad. If in the future Lucas was found to be underwhelming (hypothetically speaking), changes could be made to Lucas to apply some of these characteristic shown in the video to possibly improve his gameplay, as an example. That's one benefits of posting new discoveries.

If the P:M Dev's really don't want this video up, I'll remove it. I'm alright with that. The video is also unlisted, so it won't make it very far outside of this thread. But I didn't upload anything overly distorting or gamebreaking, and I'd like to know we can upload Project: M videos without having to adhere to censorship parameters with what we can post.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJwzpe5Gr60

Here's the video for those of you who are curious about the glitch.

I'm perfectly aware that it's being removed, but exploring utility and applicability of new things is not bad. If in the future Lucas was found to be underwhelming (hypothetically speaking), changes could be made to Lucas to apply some of these characteristic shown in the video to possibly improve his gameplay, as an example. That's one benefits of posting new discoveries.

If the P:M Dev's really don't want this video up, I'll remove it. I'm alright with that. The video is also unlisted, so it won't make it very far outside of this thread. But I didn't upload anything overly distorting or gamebreaking, and I'd like to know we can upload Project: M videos without having to adhere to censorship parameters with what we can post.
Xinc is slightly confused. :p

kaizo13

Smash Champion
well after trying out the Lucas so called "glitch"for myself...........it honestly does not feel so much out of place. Almost as if u guys coded it purposely. It links very well to his side and down B as shown in Ulevo's video. As for recovering.....it truly does not help much at all. like he said, u would need to be high up since it drops u quite a bit and ur forced to execute a special to be able to up-b back to stage.

i'd say, leave it in for pound 5 and see how things go.....we pretty much ARE in a testing phase, so why not.

i mean Zelda can waveland out of up-b and Dins lol.......why can't Lucas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom