• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
We can't fix transformation time, it is based on loading. We made it consistent by slowing the startup and making the ending instant so you can act out of it.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Gotcha. I guess I just like it better when the long part was when you were safe (of course the melee one was even better). I can't say I'm happy with the change, but I understand the logic and respect your decisions. Honestly I only use Sheik anyways.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Guys, don't know if this has been posted already, but I just discovered that LUCAS CAN USE SPECIAL MOVES AFTER ANY AIR DODGE ANGLED DOWNWARDS BEFORE GOING TO SPECIAL FALL ANIMATION.

You can do nifty tricks with this, try it.
That is a legit bug we need to fix immediately. Thanks for finding it!

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Music is optional <_<.
That is a legit point, but on the flipside I would argue that if you are making retro stages it would make sense to go all the way and include the music by default. Just a minor quarrel, but no biggie if people disagree.

Brian_Link

Smash Cadet
We can't fix transformation time, it is based on loading. We made it consistent by slowing the startup and making the ending instant so you can act out of it.
I wish that there was some more invincibility. I can understand not being invincible the first 5-10 frames, but after that very short instance you should be invincible. I've been punished hard for transforming, and I really wanted to try incorporating more down-B into my Zelda/Shiek matches.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm spamming that glitch until someone answers my question about whether or not you are planning on implementing lucas' rising dj aerials trick with tap jump and not only jump buttons. :mad:

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
um, yes you can...add the fitcharacter_xx.pac (i think, might be different ones) files to the sd card and it greatly increases (and mostly standardizes) load times...much better than making down-b unpunishable imo

ask the bbrawl guys what they did

Revven

FrankerZ
um, yes you can...add the fitcharacter_xx.pac (i think, might be different ones) files to the sd card and it greatly increases (and mostly standardizes) load times...much better than making down-b unpunishable imo

ask the bbrawl guys what they did
That doesn't completely fix the issue......... the loading time will still be long.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
You can still give her some invincibility frames mid way through the animation. As it is right now its not even worth connecting them as characters. It takes so long that you may as well scrap the BV attack and replace it with a brand new attack because transforming is barely possible.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Guys, don't know if this has been posted already, but I just discovered that LUCAS CAN USE SPECIAL MOVES AFTER ANY AIR DODGE ANGLED DOWNWARDS BEFORE GOING TO SPECIAL FALL ANIMATION.

You can do nifty tricks with this, try it.
We've already found our first Lucas advanced technique.

I'm so proud of you guys. * Sniff *

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
^It's a bug. LOL.
You can still give her some invincibility frames mid way through the animation. As it is right now its not even worth connecting them as characters. It takes so long that you may as well scrap the BV attack and replace it with a brand new attack because transforming is barely possible.
I guess if you never kill your opponent or knock them off stage, yeah.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I guess so, but if you're into team matches or free for alls finding the time to transform will be really really hard. Like I said before, I don't really care since I don't play Zelda. I'm just throwing out ideas here.

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure no characters will be added until all of them are ready, at which point we'll either be playing a true near-final beta or the finished product.
So we'll be waiting about a year to play as the other 65% of the cast? :c

There are. I wouldn't suggest you do so.
Eh? I was hoping to get the rest of the characters back (in their frankenstein-esque semi-vBrawl versions) by deleting PM's CSS files or whatever. Are you saying the GCT has code in it to cockblock me?

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
I don't want to meat ride you guys to much, but I'd like to let you guys know that playing that demo yesterday was the most fun I've had with smash in a long time, gave me such an adrenaline rush lol.
Ganon to me feels perfect, I like him better than his melee and his brawl+ form.
I think I've tried and enjoyed each character, except jigglypuff but I never liked that character to begin with so not your fault lol, and besides ganon, I think I had the most fun with sonic, taunt canceling is awesome :cool:. Quite sure he'll be my second , but yeah fantastic job PM team, the characters, the stages, and just the overall feel of it is just amazing! This is what brawl should have been.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
Full stage homing attack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GoTY3gSifQ

This been discussed yet? If it has, let it fade into obscurity.
This is glorious. I hope the PMBR doesnt automatically remove glitches like this.
After all, all I have to point to is "wavedashin" and "L-canceling" Look at every glitch like them and rethink if they deserve to be removed.. or if maybe theres a bit of use to keep them in.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
^ That's not a glitch. When the homing attack actually began (over halfway across FD), he was close enough for it to lock in.

Eh? I was hoping to get the rest of the characters back (in their frankenstein-esque semi-vBrawl versions) by deleting PM's CSS files or whatever. Are you saying the GCT has code in it to cockblock me?
We don't support this kind of thing. Please don't discuss it here.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
The homing attack distance is on purpose lol.
I refer mostly to the spinshot'd homing attack gathering enough distance to charge and release the homing attack to cut clear across FD as a type of AT, being that it's actually kinda hard to pull off repeatedly. I know the attack distance is on purpose, I just found that application to be amusing enough to warrant showing.

Ugg

Smash Champion
The AiB thing takes about a day or so, iirc.

I used Ganondorf and Marth. Ugg used Falcon. There was a Falco that I friendlied. That's what I know off the top of the head.

My connection with Ugg (my r1) was alright for wifi and I know it had effect on both of us, but I saw them doing a fair amount of tech skill in it. I think online play might need a buffer, though.
(late reply)

I think it's worse with buffer online, and I found it completely okay in terms of WiFi.

leelue

Smash Lord
This is glorious. I hope the PMBR doesnt automatically remove glitches like this.
After all, all I have to point to is "wavedashin" and "L-canceling" Look at every glitch like them and rethink if they deserve to be removed.. or if maybe theres a bit of use to keep them in.

It's 2011 and people still refer to wavedashing and L-canceling as glitches...

:glare:

Pardon me if this has been asked, but can we set up a place where all the new ATs can be written down? It was suggested to host them on what i'll refer to as the mother site.

Ulevo

Smash Master
It's really good.

It doesn't have any use with PKT or Power Up, but PK Freeze and his down special really have some utility with it. If you angle it correctly, you can do an air dodge canceled PK Freeze from the air if you time it at the top of your full jump. Lucas will thrust forward and nail it just as he hits the ground. It allows him to approach with PK Freeze, and you can even start combos with it at low %.

With his down special, he gains more distance than he normally would by just short hopping in to the down special, and he can pivot in the air with it as well, which gives him great set ups.

I know its a bug, but I highly encourage the developers to think about this one before removing it. At the very least, wait until the final version is out before you take it out to give some people a feel for using it and see how the Lucas mains enjoy it.

Msingh0

Smash Apprentice
hey guys, I was using falco, and found that when SHFFL'ing If I fast fall too quick Falco's gun doesn't fire. maybe I'm not pressing B quick enough? maybe its LD? I can pull it off quite consistently, its just randomly.
I can also hear the gun fire, but the laser doesn't come out. maybe its just me.

So, I decided to play around with Subspace M:essary a little. Two minutes in I was playing as Mario, with Sheik's portrait, and the name tag telling me I was playing Green Alloy.

So basically, weird **** happens.

~TLK~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toonlinkking777
Is there a good place to find people to play this? or should i just stick to contacting friends?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Just so you know, I'm willing to mod a few event matches so you can play them but only use the available stuff from the demo.

But.........................yeah.

Anyway, that Homing attack from across the stage is legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom