• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Never mind. I was just confused by the video as to why Lucas is able to do anything out of his air dodge.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
I really like that lucas glitch. If anyone says it looks broken I'd like to know (see) how it would be.
To me and from what I tried with it it doesnt look like its OP or anything.

shanus

Smash Hero
regarding lucas: this is an artifact of what we call an action override. Back when I originally coded MAD, we didn't know about these, but 3 characters were never able to MAD using my global code, so i had to make them ones located in their pacs. However, in their pacs, for some reason, (despite being coded nearly identically) enables them all (yoshi, ness, and lucas) to do a special attack to cancel it if they are moving downwards. However, now that we know about action overrides, we can likely fix this and remove this coding from their pac. Hopefully we'll have a fix in the near future.

This was an old famous bug I completely forgot about long ago.

shanus

Smash Hero
yeah - as much as we love people's excitement, this is something we plan on fixing so please don't dwell on it :)

User33

Smash Journeyman
I think we really don't want this video up.

But I at least can respect the thought behind it.
There is really no good reason why this video should be taken down. Did Bungie start getting pissed at fans who put up videos of the Energy Sword glitch from Halo 2? Censorship for lame reasons is going to hurt your project more than it will help it.

shanus

Smash Hero
There is really no good reason why this video should be taken down. Did Bungie start getting pissed at fans who put up videos of the Energy Sword glitch from Halo 2? Censorship for lame reasons is going to hurt your project more than it will help it.
we aren't censoring anyone, we're just asking you to not post it out of respect for the fact that its a glitch we plan on patching. its amazing people take our hard work and get defensive when we ask for something minor in return :(

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
I have a question. Do you guys plan on uploading the .zip files for Sonic's team textures and the brstms of the new stages onto the Downloads section on projectm.smashmods.com sometime soon?

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
That's intentional. Glad to hear you're liking the game!
Cool, I'm glad to hear that. My brother plays Marth and he used to get horribly mad whenever he would suicide from that. I was terrified that it would be removed...

By the way, I've heard that you'll be removing some of the sound effects, but you have to leave the little cymbal crash when Dedede lands. It will make his wavedash the coolest ever.

User33

Smash Journeyman
Shanus, say the word and I'll remove it. I posted it for the reasons I stated, but again, I respect the hard work you guys put through for free to bring this all to us, and I don't have an issue with that.

ALSO:

Meta Knight, *****es! Give me some Project: M!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6QUk3a9vfI
Are you going to put up a vid of you playing with the stages/music you added as well?

Ulevo

Smash Master

Chexr

Smash Ace
Falco's shine is so broken now. Please make it so it can be crouch canceled like in melee. Otherwise Falco is just too godly

kaizo13

Smash Champion
ok well, since the Lucas tech seems to be getting dismissed rather quickly....

I just want to point out that (from what i've tested/seen) it is not game breaking AT ALL. It simply gives him a few more approaching options

and i could quote half the backroom on "what's wrong with having more options?"

Konner

Smash Cadet
It's not game breaking, but it is ridiculous. I'd say leave it in until the final build, but it seems it needs to be gone before then.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I'd say keep it for now. As long as it works, and Ness has it too. :p

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm talking about the applications for the glitch, which have melee written all over them.
Not talking about the cause.

Blarg I'm Dead

Smash Apprentice
It's not game breaking, but it is ridiculous. I'd say leave it in until the final build, but it seems it needs to be gone before then.
This. I don't think it will be game breaking or bring Lucas & crew to God tier, but I couldn't care less if it was kept or removed. I'm leaning toward removed simply because the PM devs have said it's a bug that had since been long forgotten. If it was game breaking the playtesters would have found a way to abuse the **** out of it already.

Ulevo

Smash Master
This. I don't think it will be game breaking or bring Lucas & crew to God tier, but I couldn't care less if it was kept or removed. I'm leaning toward removed simply because the PM devs have said it's a bug that had since been long forgotten. If it was game breaking the playtesters would have found a way to abuse the **** out of it already.
If the gametesters KNEW about it, they would have removed it already.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
ok well, since the Lucas tech seems to be getting dismissed rather quickly....

I just want to point out that (from what i've tested/seen) it is not game breaking AT ALL. It simply gives him a few more approaching options

and i could quote half the backroom on "what's wrong with having more options?"
The options aren't global.
& it's a glitch that was fixed on the rest of the cast and we removed it from them for a reason.
we're aware it's not game breaking. this isn't a balance issue. thank you, come again.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
i'm confused.......so some characters can't have what others don't?? What happened to character individuality?

with all due respect........all i hear from u guys is that it's a "glitch"....and that it "needs" to be removed "for a reason"

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
If you guys really wanted the glitch kept in you should have waited to post about it until the full game was released. This is what the demo is for: finding what minor tweaks need to be done to the existing engine and fixing problems.

Sails

Smash Ace
If I go to do a dacus as Snake via cstick down+Zup and fail it (Where I just end up dash attacking), why does Snake do a small short hop at the end if I'm holding the buttons still (tap jump off)?

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Can I also just say that as a big fan of Bowser I'm kinda fearing what kind of changes are being made to him? Part of what I love so much about Bowser is rubbing it in my friends faces when I cream them with him. If everyone is more or less balanced its no big deal to use a heavy weight to beat a falco :(

That said balancing is important and I'll get over this "problem" within seconds of playing the final build.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
You know that one where you can airdodge downwards and cancel with a special?

That one.
they clearly stated that "they are aware it is not game breaking" and that "it isn't a balance issue"

so yeah......your reason is not the one

as early in development as this project is.......and according to those two statements above, i see no reason why this should not be kept for further testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom