• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
FitGameWatch00. There are two files (a .pac/.pcs) preloaded into the demo for this. If I swap these out for texture hacking stuff, do I change anything of real value, or were these purely aesthetic?
It's used for his parachute.
And while the game is fun, it obviously still has a lot of progression to make and at least listening to what your audience says and not dismissing it right away would likely improve upon an already good game.
We are overruling the fact that you are fond of a feature we meant to remove months ago. Stop acting like we're ignoring what everybody says just because you don't get exactly what you want.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Yes, the demo is fun. Other than you few minor annoyances, like not being able to do rising aerials with lucas with tap jump, etc. Then asking about it multiple times and getting absolutely no response.
I don't think we actually know how to address this issue yet (though with the coding powerhouses we have, I'm sure some solution will eventually be found)

I wasn't saying that would make it easier to combo into, I was saying you could change other moves to make it easier to combo into. :p It's pretty situational without anyway to reliably link to it.

And thanks. :)
Ivysuar will certainly be getting the attention she(?) deserves in the near future. Though I doubt bullet seed will become a staple of her(?) game.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
We are overruling the fact that you are fond of a feature we meant to remove months ago. Stop acting like we're ignoring what everybody says just because you don't get exactly what you want.
That's nice.
Not my point at all though, and you know it.

I don't think we actually know how to address this issue yet (though with the coding powerhouses we have, I'm sure some solution will eventually be found)
That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again!

Ivysuar will certainly be getting the attention she(?) deserves in the near future. Though I doubt bullet seed will become a staple of her(?) game.
I am fine with that, just throwing out ideas. :bee:

B.W.

Smash Champion
I still think it would be cool of the starter pokemon all had a stat boosting/power up move for down-b.

Ivy could use Sunny Day and her next special move could be stronger, and maybe bullet seed could turn into Solar Beam.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
That's nice.
Not my point at all though, and you know it.
Pardon? I'd like to see all of these times that we've supposedly ignoring outside opinions without defending our rationale. Because your little "Oh nobody cares about what I'm saying, I'm tired of being ignored and I'm going to leave now," complaints started after we stood our ground on the Lucas glitch.

Impp

Smash Ace
Amazing job so far... The demo is amazing... Every character is a lot of fun to play. I could switch back and forth from melee and project M pretty seamlessly at the smash fest I was at today, and I've been playing melee competitively for like four years now. It' so refreshing to see the new characters and stages. I can't wait for the final product to be released.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay? What I was proposing is at least a discussion about it, I wasn't going "KEEP IT IN OR ELSE". And that wasn't the message of my post at all, stop taking things out of context.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yes, the demo is fun. Other than you few minor annoyances, like not being able to do rising aerials with lucas with tap jump, etc. Then asking about it multiple times and getting absolutely no response.
We know about the issue. We didn't have time to implement a new DJC code before we released the demo. Thanks for your concerns.
And while the game is fun, it obviously still has a lot of progression to make and at least listening to what your audience says and not dismissing it right away would likely improve upon an already good game.
I don't know, we've gotten thousands of downloads so far, and you & kaizo13 seem to be some of the few people voicing concerns about it. And there are about 5 people so far in this thread who have agreed without decision to remove it. Seems like a majority of our audience is for the removal of this glitch, not against it.
Is it possible to put the air dodge and teching inputs only as fully pressed R/L?
Currently it is not possible to make some actions be triggered by light press and some by full press. We are aware that this is an issue, however.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
It looks like your post you quoted was in relation to a completely different problem than the one I was bringing up? But my question got answered, so it doesn't matter anyway.

I don't know, we got hundreds of downloads so far, and you & kaizo13 seem to be some of the few people voicing concerns about it. And there are about 5 people so far in this thread who have agreed without decision to remove it. Seems like a majority of our audience is for the removal of this glitch, not against it.
Back before the discussion was "dropped" there were a multitude of people saying it should be left in, at least for now.

And i've already explained that i don't doubt that it's a good game.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Okay guys seriously, can we just drop this subject?

I suppose that there's not much to talk about, but seriously, this discussion is going nowhere.

Let's talk about initial impressions about the stagelist or something (after all, the pound 5 stagelist is very conservative, but we included some stages that may be controversial as counterpicks).

B.W.

Smash Champion
Spelt, it's obvious that the team is standing their ground on this glitch. It wasn't supposed to be in there to begin with but they had no way of taking it out.

If you ask me it's better off gone or usable by every character in the game and not just Lucas. Preferably out. To me it's a lot like an aerial wavedash. It would have to be universal. A character's approaching options should be defined by their moveset, not a glitch only they can abuse. Wavedashing is fine because everyone has one, whether or not they can make much use out of it is beside the point.

My guess is certain characters would be absolutely broken because of this if it were universal. Shine spikes would become retardedly good and easy, and I'm sure there are even more things than that that would break the game. The solution can't be just give it to certain characters then because of how the technique works.

It's not up for debate, complaining about the fact that it's not up for debate isn't going to put it up for debate, all you're gonna do is get this thread raging and locked, and/or get yourself in trouble for not letting it go.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You don't need tap jump on to buffer a jump out of shield, as the C-stick buffering works in tandem with the joystick and disregards tap jump option.

EDIT: whoa. K that was to Sails.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Just like to point out Samus' super wave-dash, and Pikachu/Pichu's Quick Attack/Agility wave-dash, Project.
That's completely the opposite of what this is, though.

Those are special moves turning into additional movement options. This is a normal movement option turning into additional movement options for one character and one character only.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
By no other means in the game are you able to be invincible, move, and then cancel into an attack that comes out quickly. Picture this scenario:
Fox is in the air. Marth forward smashes. Fox air dodges forward & down, dodges, then lands with 10 frames of lag. His chance to punish Marth is low due to his choice of an aerial dodge to dodge it.
Now, picture the following one.
Lucas is in the air. Marth forward smashes. Lucas air dodges forward & down, dodges, and then performs down-b (??) to hit Marth.

What?

Anyway, this discussion isn't constructive. The decision has already been made that it's going to be removed, and the other side of the argument is "it's cool and gives lucas options, you guys are mean for not listening to your audience." The only thing we can really do is try to convince you that our decision is the correct one, and I'm pretty ****ing tired of having to justify every ****ing thing we do in this. Drop the discussion or I'm afraid I might have to report some posts for off-topic discussion.

B.W.

Smash Champion
That's completely the opposite of what this is, though.

Those are special moves turning into additional movement options. This is a normal movement option turning into additional movement options for one character and one character only.
To expand on this, those techniques are also much more situational and attempting them is usually a bad idea. This isn't situational in the least and even though we may think it's not that big an advantage as players we experiment and we learn. Give it a month and people will probably turn it into something too good even for just Lucas.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Posting this again for those who posted after my post but before my edit.

This discussion isn't constructive. The decision has already been made that it's going to be removed, and the other side of the argument is "it's cool and gives lucas options, you guys are mean for not listening to your audience." The only thing we can really do is try to convince you that our decision is the correct one, and I'm pretty ****ing tired of having to justify every ****ing thing we do in this. Drop the discussion or I'm afraid I might have to report some posts for off-topic discussion.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
SB's got a point though. Unlike the Wavedash where the invincibility frames are never present because of the nature of the exploit, Lucas can still work with those frames and effectively punish out of it. Honestly, it sounds like an exceptionally powerful version of Marth/Ike/Lucario's Counter special.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Why, Project? If it's broken, you can always remove it later.
Actually, I was going to suggest that for the time being people (Lucas mains especially) should definitely see what they can do with it. I'm still in the position of seeing it as a rather overcentralizing or overpowered glitch.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I am refuting flawed arguments, if you guys stop making them and drop it, so will I.
This is hilarious because you didn't respond to my point above, where I pointed out a scenario where Lucas has an option that no one else does, and not having an option in that scenario is one of the inherent, intentional, important drawbacks to gaining invincibility by air dodging.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Flawed because you believe people's reasoning to not be good enough despite the fact that all points made merit it's removal? Not to mention the fact it was never up for debate to begin with.

The PMBR made their decision before this became an argument. There isn't a thing anyone can do or say to stop them from removing it every word said that's against removal was invalid from the start.

These will be my last words on this topic.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Lucas has an option that no one else does.

Wow, so totally bannable.

Wait a second, I just realized that Jigglypuff can't wave-shine... REMOVE FOX'S SHINE!

Project, would those "points that merit it's removal" consist of: It wasn't supposed to be in the game anyway and it might possibly be broken? Sounds like flawed reasoning to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom