• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.W.

Smash Champion
While a detailed changelist is important, I am definitely seeing proof here that some move-specific ATs really need to be pointed out. The only reason it wasn't important before is because a lot of the people tracking the thread before the demo announcement were almost fully aware of every trick being implemented into each character. With the large audience that has picked up the demo, many are going to be out of the know and should be informed on a lot of these tricks so that they can get to using the characters to their full potential as soon as possible.
I agree with this. It'd be good to know every little trick every character can do if it's different from Brawl or Melee. Snake's page on the P:M site should definitely include that he can fake out C4 for example.

nawgui

Smash Cadet
EDIT: is it just me or does Marth suddenly seem a bit undersized compared to the rest?
Yeah I noticed this too, he seems SUPER small compared to Link, (but I was using the vertex hack for the melee link, so I'm not sure if that changes anything)

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Yeah I noticed this too, he seems SUPER small compared to Link, (but I was using the vertex hack for the melee link, so I'm not sure if that changes anything)
Link was made taller, OOT Link is apparently taller than TP Link, which makes sense because when you meet OOT Link in Twilight Princess he IS taller

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof

Keep in mind this doesn't take in to account slightly different poses the characters may use from Melee to Brawl.

just86

Smash Rookie
I've only played a few wifi matches of this, but I've enjoyed it more than I've been able to enjoy any game in years. I would like to sincerely thank the developers of this project for all of their hard work and for re-kindling my love of Smash. I can't wait to see how impressive the final product is going to be :).

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Ironically, Marth's physical size was a touch bigger than Link's.
Link is just carrying a lot of stuff which makes him heavier.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
ok well after months and months of doubt....i can now safely say that physics are still not melee

very noticeable by simply playing Falcon. He is still lacking tons of horizontal momentum. It might just be something that you guys can't fix atm (and are fully aware of) but even his up-b lacks in momentum....u can't even full jump off the side of FD and make it back to the stage.....which is very possible in melee

and on a side note.....jumps are also not where they should be, but Leaf told me about how second jumps dont keep full momentum because u can't move until frame 2 or something

anyways,all positive criticism here....keep up the good work

bleyva

Smash Ace
btw, far and away the most fun Link has ever been in a smash game. loving him so much right now.

nawgui

Smash Cadet

Keep in mind this doesn't take in to account slightly different poses the characters may use from Melee to Brawl.
Weird, in mine, marth is way shorter. He is as tall to about half way of link's head, so the top of his head is about at link's nose

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
ok well after months and months of doubt....i can now safely say that physics are still not melee

very noticeable by simply playing Falcon. He is still lacking tons of horizontal momentum. It might be something that you guys can't fix atm (and are aware of) but even his up-b lacks in momentum....u can't even full jump off the side of FD and make it back to the stage.....which is very possible in melee

and on a side note.....jumps are also not where they should be, but Leaf told me about how second jumps dont keep full momentum because u can't move until frame 2 or something

anyways,all positive criticism here....keep up the good work
Magus is satisfied with jump heights at the moment, outside of a frame where you just float before upward velocity is applied.
You must be smokin' something bro. Also, Running Fullhop is definitely returnable with Falcon. Hell, you can shorthop fast fall a knee and still make it back in PM.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
You must be smokin' something bro
trust me, i'm not......i have both games setup & playing simultaneously

and it seems u misunderstood what i said about the jumping off part. at full speed full hop off the side of FD while holding away from the stage and try to Up-b back onstage once u drop to the stages height/level....letme know if you made it back........ (and keep in mind that he's not going as far as he should from the jump.....and he still can't make it back?)

there's nothing wrong with it not being perfect and still needing work you know?

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I do have to agree this Link is pretty amazing. I also like that he still has his double z tap tether edgehog trick.
Well, not to be such a pessimist, right now my friends don't know how to gimp Link, but once they figure it out, his huge reliance on up-B to recover will be an issue. One of my friends already figured out Sheik's fair almost completely out-prioritizes it in the air.
However, as of right now his match-ups with Sheik and spacies are much better, though of course the spacies aren't quite their Melee selves yet.

btw, I do have to agree the game isn't quite at Melee speed yet, its close, but still not quite there.

Kanoleon

Smash Rookie
Loving Link right now he is awesome, Sonic is sooooo much more fun this time around.
Love the animations you guys put in, and Snakes new Taunts :D

But the game doesn't seem to like Zelda all that much. Sometimes when I try to select her or change into her the game stops and says "Game disc cannot be read" Don't know if anyone else is experiencing the same thing or not.

When I can play her though, she rox.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
trust me, i'm not......i have both games setup & playing simultaneously

and it seems u misunderstood what i said about the jumping off part. at full speed full hop off the side of FD while holding away from the stage and try to Up-b back onstage once u drop to the stages height/level....letme know if you made it back........ (and keep in mind that he's not going as fas as he should even from the jump.....and he still can't make it back?)

there's nothing wrong with it not being perfect and still needing work you know?
okay. running. Full speed. I jump off to the right near the ledge. I hold right until I'm at the stage's height. I then hold left, double jump, and Up-B. I grab the ledge.

if I wasn't 100% sure that I was correct about it I wouldn't be arguing this. When Magus420 says it matches Melee, it matches Melee.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
lol....u cheated :p

no double jump

and same goes for me about the arguing part......well, atleast now u know what i'm talking about

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
what, you don't want to double jump while recovering? how manly.
you can dash full hop falcon punch and still recover, bro. if that's not possible, then your .pacs simply aren't loading. try moonwalking and see if it works?

kaizo13

Smash Champion
wow strong bad.......ur missing the point

u can make it back in Melee.....you can't in P:M (and it's by a very noticeable amount)

im just using this as an example to try to show you the lack of momentum in P:M (and yes i can moonwalk)

iLink

Smash Champion
I think you are missing the point lol.

He thinks you might have a faulty .pac or no pac at all and asked you to check by moonwalking.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
my Project M works perfectly fine thank you

(proven by no desyncs online with 5+ people)

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, another thing I liked, the characters flashing when you L-cancel, its really gonna help me improve my SHFFLing technique.
Also, not sure if this is just because the game isn't at Melee speed yet, I was canceling Ganondorf's aerials with much greater accuracy than I would in Melee. I'm wondering if its because the character models are smaller. It was also nice to fight on Dreamland without all the stock symbols blocking the characters.
As for spacies, one of my friends I played with mains Fox and Falco, he said that Fox's u-throw isn't right so that you can effectively follow with a uair. He also said that Falco's shine isn't quite right yet, he has no problems pillaring in Melee but couldn't do it with M Falco.

Magus420

Smash Master
The start of CF's up-b in melee cancels out his momentum (away from the stage in your example). The startup of brawl up-b does not so he drifts away some during that time. Has nothing to do with his jump heights (which are 100.0000000000000000% accurate just saying as I full understanding of how gravity and jump power are applied in each game), or him "lacking tons of horizontal momentum". The amount of the horizontal drift caused by that difference in up-b property accounts for all of the distance he comes up short when returning to the stage.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I had this weird moment in Delfino Plaza where I started falling through the ground. After the moving platform got to the part of the town before the tower, I started going underground with the moving platform. I saved a replay, but don't have a means to capture it at the moment. When I do, I'll post a vid.

Also, sorry if this has been brought to your attention already. There's obviously a crap-ton of stuff being reported to you, so it's very possible I missed it...

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Fair enough Magus.....i guess we'll see once his up-b works as it does in melee (if even possible)

iLink

Smash Champion
The replies on the new p:m demo article on kotaku make me sad. It's like you guys took the items option off or something.

Xyless

Smash Master
The replies on the new p:m demo article on kotaku make me sad. It's like you guys took the items option off or something.
What do you expect the reaction to be for a mod that, from someone who doesn't really follow the mod, looks to be a pure "I want melee back" thing.

(should tell them to play minus instead)

Makai

Smash Apprentice
What do you expect the reaction to be for a mod that, from someone who doesn't really follow the mod, looks to be a pure "I want melee back" thing.

(should tell them to play minus instead)
Brawl Minus seems to be the only mod that is interesting to both casual and competitive players.

Magus420

Smash Master
Fair enough Magus.....i guess we'll see once his up-b works as it does in melee (if even possible)
Possible. FitCaptain.pac

Horizontal momentum can easily be scaled up/down by any amount on any move. Did it for shines (different amounts for air/ground), increasing momentum on taunts during initial dash to match momentum on taunts during run (was much less for some reason), multijumps' air resistance like on Puff, going to do it to tweak WD length and normal sliding (separately if needed), etc. There's just many things in general I simply haven't gone through yet and adjusted.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
A few things aren't perfect for the demo, but are certainly close. The finished version will be as close as possible.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Possible. FitCaptain.pac

Horizontal momentum can easily be scaled up/down by any amount on any move. Did it for shines (different amounts for air/ground), increasing momentum on taunts during initial dash to match momentum on taunts during run (was much less for some reason), multijumps' air resistance like on Puff, going to do it to tweak WD length and normal sliding (separately if needed), etc. There's just many things in general I simply haven't gone through yet and adjusted.
LOL....why wasn't this included in the demo

feels alot better now thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom