• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Yeah, I was about to say, low damage, crouching...there's a hint here somewhere...

Scufo

Smash Apprentice
On the topic of that video:

Ganon looks awesome and

is the Melee Ganon texture gonna come with P:M? Or the demo?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If you search up "Melee Ganondorf mariokart64n" on KC:MM forums, you should be able to find a thread that has the download link. For whatever reason, the author doesn't have the link on his thread page and it hasn't ever been uploaded to Brawl Vault.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
The second Sakurai's name was mentioned, every competitive player lost interest...

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
On the subject of stages:
In the demo, only 16 stages will be available. In the full game, if it's possible, we'll include all vBrawl stages as well as the Project M stages and some casual-only remakes of stages such as Fourside and such.
Do you mean 16 PM stages, or you're removing all the regular Brawl stages via code like with the unfinished characters?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Sakurai?!?

Unless Ono is doing the character balance, engine, and stuff, I got two words for this:

Sing it with me now:

Lowered Expectations.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Sakurai?!?

Unless Ono is doing the character balance, engine, and stuff, I got two words for this:

Sing it with me now:

Lowered Expectations.
I think you are all forgeting that Sakurai is the on we have to thank for Melee in the first place. Did he screw us over with Brawl? Yes, horribly actually. But that doesn't mean he isn't capable of developing a competent, competitive fighter if tasked with the job. The fact that Capcom would be involved makes me less worried...

Or we might just have to start Project M2: Undoing Sakurai's Buthering of Street Fighter :p

Octave

Smash Ace
This was at a 3DS conference anyway, meaning that it would probably show up on the 3DS. Otherwise, it'd be on the wii and (I haven't played it personally but I didn't hear much of it at all) it'd probably turn up like Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

When do you guys usually have the livestream up? I caught it one day by accident and haven't seen it up since.

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
Suggestion for TL/YL.

In melee, yl's fsmash is worthless. The first hit has almost no kb, and it doesn't connect with the second hit.

MY IDEA:
leave the first hit how it is, and take out the second. This will allow for things like fsmash-jab/utilt/whatever. Sorta like jab canceling, but with fsmash.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Only one question. Why is reverse ledge grabbing being removed for the most part (I'm aware that it still functions under certain circumstances)?

I think that was one of the better changes made to brawl over melee. Are there specific balance issues with reverse ledge grabbing?

Otherwise I love the work being put into project M and I am glad my four mains are all going to be in the demo. I'll have to devote a new SD card to Project M's demo until the official release.

Also, are the character demos that will be released the final versions of those characters or is there still a lot (or a little) work left to be done on them?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
There's a few major mechanics on the TODO list, and work on the characters is never ending.

While some characters are done, new advances may cause us to backtrack and fix things, or adjust things.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Are you going to put melee sound effects to PM? For example marths sword swipes when it hits would be nice. I also don't like Metaknight's and Fox's dash sounds. The new powershield sound effect is really nice though, where did you get it?

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Okay, but the more important question is really, what was the reasoning behind the removal of reverse ledge grabbing?

LLDL

Smash Hero
They haven't found a way to access external sound effects. I know it's possible though. In the future they'll figure it out, hopefully they won't hesitate to add the melee sound effects. None of the brawl sound effects sound right lol.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Okay, but the more important question is really, what was the reasoning behind the removal of reverse ledge grabbing?
It makes recovery too easy. It also makes ledge hogging too easy. To ledge hog effectively, you need to pivot and wavedash off. With reverse ledge grabbing, you just run off and grab the ledge. Takes away from the skill required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom