• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
GASP SORA'S GOING TO BE IN PROJECT:M GAIZ!

Also, I really think I can guess what this Wiimote code is, judging from the people working on it, and the post mentioning it. I wasn't aware there was a code lying around to edit those particular things, now I have to hunt for it. Though then again, it can't be a particularly hard code to make.

I'm curious as to what you used it to do, but I can guess which one you picked.

shanus

Smash Hero
sora_melee.rel is the main rel file that controls most aspects of the game. Think of it as like the fighter.pac of rels

Phantom1987

Smash Apprentice
I don't know what's happening!! But if this means we can expect many updates anytime soon... AWESOME!

G

genkaku

Question I've been wondering about: When the Brawl developers were working did they just tweak and update melee codes, or write a new set of codes that refered vaguely to melee's? How much of what they wrote for Brawl was new?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Didn't Sakurai have some company with Sora in it? Like Sora Unlimited or something? IIRC he was in the sora company when he made melee. Hence Sora_Melee.rel

Correct me if I am wrong on anything.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
How.... clever of them?

Sora ltd. was not in existence until about 2006.

Anyway, if for whatever reason the keyblade wielder does get made, let me know cause I have his motion file and a viewer to see them. No keyblade in the motion file though.

Revven

FrankerZ
Yeah Ganondorf vs MK is a really fun match-up, I have like 5 matches up of it on my channel. (www.youtube.com/user/smk2)

Question I've been wondering about: When the Brawl developers were working did they just tweak and update melee codes, or write a new set of codes that refered vaguely to melee's? How much of what they wrote for Brawl was new?
A lot of our codes are made from scratch using what's in the game already. There was no "melee air dodge" coding for example, it's a bunch of different variables and so forth that make that code work. But there are some instances where you just scratch your head at what Sakurai was thinking when they built this game.

For example: Momentum stacking (what makes Falco's JC shine > Dair not work some of the time) is done entirely different in vBrawl compared to Melee. In vBrawl it's a constant number that has to be met/beaten in order for the new move's KB to take affect. In Melee it's frame based (okay that's not as detailed as vBrawl is because I don't want to be castrated by Magus for saying the wrong thing) and the reason why you would scratch your head on that is because... if it worked just fine in Melee why change it here? It's almost as if they didn't follow the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" motto. Either that or forgot how it worked in Melee... (which is lol if they really did).

shanus & Dantarion can probably give you a better answer though.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I... want to say I know what you're talking about and if I'm thinking about the same thing, I have noticed it in Brawl. You're talking about how a character might be flying at high speed from a high knockback attack and then someone jabs him, but it doesn't nullify the knockback like it would in Melee and SSB64, right?

That, or I'm completely off mark with this.

Revven

FrankerZ
I... want to say I know what you're talking about and if I'm thinking about the same thing, I have noticed it in Brawl. You're talking about how a character might be flying at high speed from a high knockback attack and then someone jabs him, but it doesn't nullify the knockback like it would in Melee and SSB64, right?

That, or I'm completely off mark with this.
That's actually correct, yes. It's also assumed that may be the reason why Toon Link's Dsmash (in vBrawl) has that "glitch" where the previous hit's KB isn't overridden at times (meaning the angle doesn't change). Well... that's not really a glitch, that's because of what the vBrawl dev team instated in the game LOL.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
For a moment, I kept thinking of the annoying addition of fastfalling through characters with Tink and Link's Dair; not the same thing.

Anyways, I'm assuming this constant hasn't been found yet? Otherwise, it'd probably be fixed then, heh.

Revven

FrankerZ
Anyways, I'm assuming this constant hasn't been found yet? Otherwise, it'd probably be fixed then, heh.
Incorrect, it was found a long time ago. However, we want it to work like Melee so we can perfect Crouch Canceling and ASDI. Otherwise if we didn't need to make it work like Melee we would have changed the constant a month or two ago.

Ulevo

Smash Master

I revamped FrozenHobo and GameWatching's Metal Cavern stage to give it a Brawl feel and take away the low quality 2D background. After a few touch ups I'll throw up the download link for anyone who wants it.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It's more like... we need to do a lot of different stuff to try and get all these things working right without any weird or strange bugs.
Ah, makes sense. Hoping you guys will get things to click with this like everything else has so far. It's kind of a small factor in the game, but it's happened enough times to bug me (and I'm sure others too).

@Ulevo
I quite like the background. I'll definitely download it when it's done.

ssbkid~

Smash Apprentice

I revamped FrozenHobo and GameWatching's Metal Cavern stage to give it a Brawl feel and take away the low quality 2D background. After a few touch ups I'll throw up the download link for anyone who wants it.
Looks pretty damn awesome.
Should be put in the official demo imo.

G

genkaku

It still looks like MK's jumps are worse (as in, bad for the MK player) than they have to be.
What's the opinion of the playtesters on this?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
That is the best way to prevent MK from using those jumps to stall/plank/scrooge etc. from what I remember.

One alternative I had in the back of my mind was removing 2 jumps.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It still looks like MK's jumps are worse (as in, bad for the MK player) than they have to be.
MK isn't finalized and won't be in the demo. He isn't a point of concern for you or us at the moment.

Revven

FrankerZ
He has a different jumping system at the moment. Instead of jumps getting smaller and smaller as you jump, they progressively get bigger. So they start off short, then at the end they are bigger. It's not a gravity issue, it's something that's being tried out and some people actually like this so far. It's to suit his FF'er nature and it actually works really well for him.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Smaller jumps also keep his recovery in check, and give him better aerial control when trying to space aerials for combos. That'd be my guess, anyhow.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Ha, now this is one of those videos that would go well with that idea of not labeling PM videos. Uninformed people would be more interested in watching Ganondorf beat up MK if they didn't know that it was hacked.

Also, holy **** that match was great. The best (or first?) use of footstooling that I've seen in PM, and the last kill was amazing.

Edit: Also, the second match - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uAiIggDSAE
Seeing Ganondorf do the classic Melee chain throw on a new Brawl character was a very good feeling :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom